Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

It´s already flying, see the screenshot.

However you better find another reason to open up that beer of yours. Even if one manages to get the impression of proper airborne rotor RPM right via 3D model rotor tricks it still looks/controls awkward. While the landed active rotor version provides enhanced immersion I personally see no real utility yet in having an airborne helo and thus won´t continue on this.

If one wants to work on it contact me and you can have the files.

Edited by Aquila-CM

On 1/12/2020 at 9:42 PM, umlaut said:

Great stuff here.
I´ve just downloaded the Ruins Pack and modded it a bit to make it blend in better with my factory mods.

I think it works very well visually - but there is still the problem of the amount of actual cover and concealment such mods provide.

This looks amazing.  How do I get the ruins mod to work and where can I find the factory mod?  Will this work for all CM games?

6 hours ago, Andy_101 said:

This looks amazing.  How do I get the ruins mod to work and where can I find the factory mod?  Will this work for all CM games?

Just made a quick test in CMFB:
Yes, the factory mods seem to work in the other WWII games (I dont know about the modern games). The naming of buldings and such more or less follow the same rules, so for example modular buildings seem to share the same names in all WWII titles. 

But:
You cant simply drop the folder with Umlauts_Factory into CMFB and then turn for instance Aachen into a ruined city. The mod set is meant to be used with maps that are specifically designed for the mod set (and carry the mod tag: umlauts_factory) so you need to do a lot of work on the map to make it look right. Also this mod set is designed for the Soviet Union, so all shop signs and such are in Russian.
Please look at the link in my signature to find out more about the mod set and how to use it. The download link in the thread doesnt work any more - but I´ll put in a dropbox link. The ruins in the video above will need more work before I can release them.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:34 PM, ViperAssassin26 said:

I don't. I imported the ACH and the goggles into Blender and parented them together. then I exported the new ACH into a different folder in my desktop under the name as the ACH from the original MDR file. I put that into my Z folder and it happen to work. but I have no clue about how to do textures and turning them into a BMP file. I got lucky.

This is a beauty bro. Can you do a version that makes goggles appear half the time? Just to add some variety.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:45 PM, umlaut said:

Just made a quick test in CMFB:
Yes, the factory mods seem to work in the other WWII games (I dont know about the modern games). The naming of buldings and such more or less follow the same rules, so for example modular buildings seem to share the same names in all WWII titles. 

But:
You cant simply drop the folder with Umlauts_Factory into CMFB and then turn for instance Aachen into a ruined city. The mod set is meant to be used with maps that are specifically designed for the mod set (and carry the mod tag: umlauts_factory) so you need to do a lot of work on the map to make it look right. Also this mod set is designed for the Soviet Union, so all shop signs and such are in Russian.
Please look at the link in my signature to find out more about the mod set and how to use it. The download link in the thread doesnt work any more - but I´ll put in a dropbox link. The ruins in the video above will need more work before I can release them.

Thank you Umlaut.  :)

+1  @Aquila-SWG  Interesting & amazing stuff.  You are one talented dude. 

Inside the well deck of the USS Wasp.

JjmDYbEh.jpg

Amphibious group exiting the well deck and heading for the beach. 

iUW1g8Ah.jpg

61HBgOZh.jpg

Wish I would have had the below billboards for Coup.  The billboards are very useful in urban terrain. 

v0rKLGIh.jpg?1

Keep up the good work my friend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
I´ve been trying to mod the boxcar that Aquila has shared into a WWII boxcar, but there are some strange shades/glares on it - and neither of us have any idea how to get rid of them.
Aguila suggested that @sbobovyc or @37mm might know how to fix this.
Also the texture seems a lot more blurry than other textures.

Any ideas?

Combat%20Mission%20Red%20Thunder%20Scree

13 hours ago, 37mm said:

I suspect it's a UV map thing, which it sounds like none of us amateurs really understand.

Our H&E M79's gleam bright, almost white, when the games shaders are off. Then they look fine with the shaders on.

I tried the shaders on - and the glare sure disappeared.
But now all units, buildings and other objects are incredibly dark!
Do you know if this is because of some GPU setting (since you´re able to play with the shaders on)?

Shaders off:
cm%20red%20thunder.exe%20Screenshot%2020

Shaders ON:
cm%20red%20thunder.exe%20Screenshot%2020

19 hours ago, benpark said:

The model's faces look like they need to be re-oriented.

The textures also obviously need to be re-assigned, but that you know. I'd do that after any fixes on the model. Unless you like swearing.

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually not certain I know what you mean with "the textures also obviously need to be re-assigned". My knowledge of 3D models is very close to nil, so the only thing I am realtively comfortable doing when modding is usually renaming some files and photoshopping some bmp-files. But perhaps the latter is what you mean by reassigning?