Jump to content
Bud Backer

Once Upon a Time on the Western Front

Recommended Posts

In fact he has a little french poupee who works in the local Bureau de poste, and she collects them from under a rock in a nearby field. The poor deluded girl thinks that Paulina Fassbinder is his maiden aunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

In fact he has a little french poupee who works in the local Bureau de poste, and she collects them from under a rock in a nearby field. The poor deluded girl thinks that Paulina Fassbinder is his maiden aunt.

Ahhhh, that adds a new level!

Book me for Episode VII and VIII „The Last Sergeant“ and  „Return of the Last Sergeant“.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StieliAlpha said:

Ahhh, I see you have the story line very well thought through.

Will we see a panel with Hirsch and the firing squad at the end? Or will he receive the Ritterkreuz nevertheless?🤔

Spoiler. He dies on the eastern front sent there by Paula’s lover - a high ranking party official.   Oh sorry did I say that out loud?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sburke said:

Spoiler. He dies on the eastern front sent there by Paula’s lover - a high ranking party official.   Oh sorry did I say that out loud?

Perfect! Book me for Episode IX to umpteenth, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bud,

  He could, of course, have a trusted member of his unit hand-carry those letters when going back to the home country on leave and thereby avoid the censors altogether.  Or, hand-carry them himself.  This was not uncommon. 

  But, couldn't he just skype in the downtime?  :o

  Great stuff indeed.  Enjoying every bit of it.  

Heinrich505 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heinrich505 said:

Bud,

  He could, of course, have a trusted member of his unit hand-carry those letters when going back to the home country on leave and thereby avoid the censors altogether.  Or, hand-carry them himself.  This was not uncommon. 

  But, couldn't he just skype in the downtime?  :o

  Great stuff indeed.  Enjoying every bit of it.  

Heinrich505 

I emphasized something that happened quite often. Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sburke said:

Spoiler. He dies on the eastern front sent there by Paula’s lover - a high ranking party official.   Oh sorry did I say that out loud?

Oh, no! I had him down as going AWOL at the end of the Battle of Normandy. Having to save his little poupee from the resistance, and them riding off into the distance on a BMW that they find in a shot up convoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget FB and Skype and all those new-fangled thingamajigs..why the hell doesn't Hirsch just call or text with his friggin' phone? France doesn't have cell towers?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

Sorry guys. I was out of town and got sick right when I got back. 

I hope you didn't get the flu like I had a few months back.

:(

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×