Brief overview of where CM is headed

Did Rosenberg lend some advice on how to keep open an otherwise important thread once the cow leaves the barn?

Kevin

yeah really

So to get back to the thread in the barn.

What we know

Late NWE game release coming

line up to include

CMBN Battle pack

CMFI Module

CMRT Module

CMBS Module

Work is in process on CMx2 Version 4 engine

One would assume then things would proceed with the East front family of games 1941,1942 and 1943 - Those are the only game families that have been previously announced

How about CMSF, any thoughts on when we might get some CM love there?

How about making the camera come down to soldier eye level? It would make it so much easier to get an overview of the battlefield, and make me feel like I'm standing there myself..

Good for: 

Gameplay

Immersion

Programming time cost:

next to nothing

How about making the camera come down to soldier eye level? It would make it so much easier to get an overview of the battlefield, and make me feel like I'm standing there myself..

Good for: 

Gameplay

Immersion

Programming time cost:

next to nothing

+1

Also for making even more immersive screenshots of action.

Good for: 

Gameplay

Immersion

Programming time cost:

next to nothing

The problem i was talking about (see thread i linked) is this:

In reality soldiers can stay hidden (prone), and from time to time raise their heads.

In CM, if the soldiers are prone, this restricts their view (ok) but they should from time to time get the LOS as if they were standing just to simulate the ability to stay hidden while still keeping a overwatch.

CMBlackSea2015-02-2321-47-48-62.png

Edited by Wiggum15

Reposted because our resident attention deprived child is once again at it.

Back to the OP while Steve is in a talking mood.

Did Rosenberg lend some advice on how to keep open an otherwise important thread once the cow leaves the barn?

Kevin

yeah really

So to get back to the thread in the barn.

What we know

Late NWE game release coming
line up to include
CMBN Battle pack
CMFI Module
CMRT Module
CMBS Module

Work is in process on CMx2 Version 4 engine

One would assume then things would proceed with the East front family of games 1941,1942 and 1943 - Those are the only game families that have been previously announced

How about CMSF, any thoughts on when we might get some CM love there?

Reposted because our resident attention deprived child is once again at it.

So you are now the one who decides what kind of posts is allowed ?

Please stop this childish behavior.

What i posted was a question about a possible fix in the Bulge game, its perfect on-topic !

Because i think your post is really rude toward me (calling me a attention deprived child) i reported it.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you suppose Steve meant when he said " mid term ". Do you suppose that could be associated to a certain month or months or mid term of their overall plans? Thanks

nah he just has tests at school...  :D

Just means that they do have longer range plans and those they almost never share as they just aren't fleshed out enough.  Usually devolves into a discussion of space lobsters of doom.  Part of the issue is things are subject to change, the continued updating of game engines for example just kind of came out of nowhere and is one of the best things they ever announced.  It was not a minor commitment on their part and has had a cost in labor time that is probably not trivial, but IMHO is really worth it.  I don't mind paying for it as long as they can keep it up.

Edited by sburke

Nice summary above from the CM Junkie. Also add that the systems related to QBs and AI plans are not off the radar. I don't see any whopping news this time around. BFC is plugging along and truly loves to surprise us all in the end.

Kevin

EDIT: unable to delete above references

EDIT: inserted intended reference

womble wrote:  Unfed trolls depart. Fed ones hang around.

One must embrace one's inner troll.

(P)resident Troll™

Edited by BLSTK

Because i think your post is really rude toward me (calling me a attention deprived child) i reported it.

My apologies then, I didn't think you were that sensitive. To be fair though it isn't simply name calling when an expression like that is used for someone who has on 3 occasions (so far) attempted to friend me. After the 2nd time was denied one would have thought you would have gotten the message.  I assumed perhaps incorrectly that this behavior combined with the blatantly passive aggressive nature of your postings was indicative of some sort of psychological need.

Again my apologies if I am simply misunderstanding issues you may have communicating in what I assume is a second language to you.  If that is the case I would suggest maybe taking some time to review the responses you have received as it may be your perception of how one expresses themselves to a native English speaker may be off by a bit.

edit - correction I see you sent a 4th request just now.  Sorry, this one will be denied as well.  You know this is now bordering on stalking.  Maybe I should file a complaint.

2nd edit - wow, really?  You "upped" my post.  That is just a bit too weird you know.

t_read_dot.pngphoto-thumb-73305.jpg?_r=1428870884 Wiggum15 sent you a friend request Sent Today, 10:25 AM

Edited by sburke

@sburke  I don't blame him. Your avatar is, after all, quite attractive. I've been thinking of sending you a friend request, but was afraid of rejection..... ;)

we can get you a hat you know.  I have it set to automatically accept fellow doody hats.

@ sburke

I actually only send you 2 friend requests, dont know where the other two came from, maybe i clicked accidentally or a forum software bug.

And i upped your post because of your apologies.

Now back to topic...

Cant we just get a Final VERSION of CM for the ages????    

HAHA JUST KIDDING i learned my lesson in that other thread weeks ago. I wont ever suggest that again.

Glad to see all the WW2 CM  action coming up . I also like the Schwimmwagen but i understand the reasons it cant be included right now.

EDIT: unable to delete above references

EDIT: inserted intended reference

womble wrote:  Unfed trolls depart. Fed ones hang around.

One must embrace one's inner troll.

(P)resident Troll™

There are the very rare cases of trolls who are cute and tolerable, who engage in their passtime for the laughs. One of them might deserve a the (P) being fed to him... ;)

Then there's the other kind who must be starved. And not just after midnight, and who usually wouldn't go near water anyway.