Brief overview of where CM is headed

Late war German tank production was fell far short of the requirements to fill the losses suffered by formations. As well, Hitler had an obsession with new formations being fielded, rather than bringing older ones up to strength. This meant that the 4 companies in a tank battalion (abteilung) could not all be the same tank. Sometimes it was Pz IV's in some companies and Pz V's in others. Sometimes, instead of tank companies, they used Stug's or JgPz's instead.

Any chance that in the future or ver 4.0 will actually use all available cores in a CPU? From what I understand no game/sim uses more than 4 cores and you have processors with 6 or 8 cores available.

CMx2 uses only one CPU core.

Anyway we cant be sure the engine will run any better with the ability to use more then one core.

For example, CMx2 is the only game that uses all of my 2GB VRAM avaiable. I think there is something wrong with the way textures are loaded/used. Could relate to the long loading times too.

Hope we see improvement with 4.0.

Glad to hear about the Battlepacks idea. It'll be reassuring to know that new campaigns and scenarios will have a high standard of quality. Also, I must have missed that post about Kampgruffe Engel from ChrisND. Other campaigns in CMBN are broken as well, are they being looked into? 

Thanks for the good news.

Road ahead haz swimmywaggon?

Yeah man,

by now we've seen nearly every German WW2 vehicle, even some of the rarest, but a much produced schwimmwagen  :wub: didn't appear and there's still no mention of it coming soon. :angry:

Adding injury to insult is the fact that, IMHO, it is relatively easy to model it, just adapt a kubelwagen.

I do not need a schwimmwagen to be amphibious, in real life the majority of 'm didn't ever see any water except rain, I just want it in the game.

If BF doesn't have the financial resources to produce it, I hereby declare my willingness to start a crowd funding! :P

Please BF, I beg you to give us the type 166.

Some Kettlerian info:

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/schwimmwagen/index.html

The Schwimmwagen will not be in Bulge, at least not the base game. No extra useful capability in return for having to expend artist resources on it instead of working on something else. What is essentially a different looking Kubelwagon is not worth it for us, at least not yet.

just realised.

why is there no blood in cmx2?

wouldnt it be a good idea to add it? Gore aswell, gore would be even better

i know , or i guess that x2 engine is limited and all that stuff,but its not something uber crazy

when tiger fires and hits soldiers,there can be 0.2 seconds of nothing and then bam legs and arms go into air or just appear somewhere near

it would add to the atmosphere, now it doesnt need to be gory as hell but still..

and it would be really good bang for back feature

Edited by Lacroix

just realised.

why is there no blood in cmx2?

wouldnt it be a good idea to add it? Gore aswell, gore would be even better

i know , or i guess that x2 engine is limited and all that stuff,but its not something uber crazy

when tiger fires and hits soldiers,there can be 0.2 seconds of nothing and then bam legs and arms go into air or just appear somewhere near

it would add to the atmosphere, now it doesnt need to be gory as hell but still..

and it would be really good bang for back feature

No.

The Schwimmwagen will not be in Bulge, at least not the base game. No extra useful capability in return for having to expend artist resources on it instead of working on something else. What is essentially a different looking Kubelwagon is not worth it for us, at least not yet.

Would I be banned if I said (imagine little child having a huge tantrum)"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you"?

I'd pay $20 just for a Schwimmwagen single vehicle pack.   Doesn't even need to schwim.  ;-)

It was pretty ubiquitous late war, extensively used by the motorized Aufklarungs companies (during the Bulge the 3rd co./1 SS Aufklarungs had 40 schwimmagen) . 

The upcoming programme in the CM story sounds very promising - particularly interested to see what the Battle pack is going to contain.

However, as exciting as all that is, I do hope that the 4.00 upgrade has something that will render the auto-pick in quick battles able to select decent mixed-force match-ups, particularly for small and tiny battles. You know, a bit of Infantry with a tank or two. 

As it stands, the QB auto selector is close to unusable, particularly in those cases but often in larger sized battles as well. Even if you get a half decent force to fight with - and that can take several attempts - you have no idea what bizarre selection you will be up against. More often something totally inappropriate for the map or situation, such that the game is lopsided and often pointless to continue with. 

Sometimes it would be nice to just generate a nice small, quick and dirty battle that can be played out in a relatively short time. And sure, sometimes an odd mix can be interesting. Just not all the time. 

Why auto pick? Simply to preserve FoW and to have to fight with what is given - provided that is a sensible force on each side.

Great news! Thank you, Steve and Chris for the heads up!   :wub:  :)

I'd bet that with engine 4.0 we will finally have fire (burning houses, burning trees etc.) in our battles.  :rolleyes: clear.png

Hopefully you have also designed a new "skeleton" model for the winter soldiers  - that would be great!
Just only a longcoats don't do IMHO - the soldiers need additional winter clothing: Warm jackets, gloves,
scarfs/mufflers etc. - a more like winter appearance in general. (Otherwise my troops will catch a cold!) clear.png;)

Battle%20of%20the%20Bulge_zpsvuskikpb.jp

178581195_zpsbgn5vcjf.jpg

US%20Infantry_zpszupysprv.jpg

6184254870_16110e5905_o_zpshbum5eog.jpg

All this news brings tears of joy! Now my bank account cringes at the thought of battlefront plundering it again  :P Im super excited to hear about Gothic line! CMFI is amazing.

Same here, funny thing is I think that one might actually be the most work for BF what with the proliferation of commonwealth troops.

All this news brings tears of joy! Now my bank account cringes at the thought of battlefront plundering it again  :P Im super excited to hear about Gothic line! CMFI is amazing. Also I like the idea of battle packs but will i need to buy the Vehicle pack to play it? 

I don't know much about the Battlepack so this is nothing 'official', but I would expect that each scenario would require different modules and any scenarios that had stuff in it from a module you didn't have would simply be unplayable by you unless or until you got that pack or module.  All scenarios that only included stuff from modules you already own would work like any other scenario for those modules.  So my guess is that - say you would have CMBN only and the pack contains twenty scenarios and three campaigns or something (Just using the standard number from past releases - once again, not an official number).  If only say - seven of the scenarios have stuff specific to the CMBN base game then you would have seven playable scenarios, thirteen unplayable and inaccessible scenarios, and three campaigns that you couldn't use after purchasing the pack.  As you added modules to what you own then more scenarios would become 'available' for you use. 

Once again, this is just me guessing as I'm not involved in the Battlepack in any way and I don't even know what's in it.  It's the only way I can think of as to how it might work though.  Naturally all the scenarios would have to have some sort of ironclad way of forcing the player to own the Battlepack itself in order to access any of the scenarios at all or the whole thing wouldn't work.

Edited to add that presumably whenever the Battlepack is added to the store there would be some sort of notification as to how much stuff is specific to each game or module so the consumer can make an informed choice as to whether they want to get it or not.

Edited by ASL Veteran

I don't know much about the Battlepack so this is nothing 'official', but I would expect that each scenario would require different modules and any scenarios that had stuff in it from a module you didn't have would simply be unplayable by you unless or until you got that pack or module.  All scenarios that only included stuff from modules you already own would work like any other scenario for those modules.  So my guess is that - say you would have CMBN only and the pack contains twenty scenarios and three campaigns or something (Just using the standard number from past releases - once again, not an official number).  If only say - seven of the scenarios have stuff specific to the CMBN base game then you would have seven playable scenarios, thirteen unplayable and inaccessible scenarios, and three campaigns that you couldn't use after purchasing the pack.  As you added modules to what you own then more scenarios would become 'available' for you use. 

Once again, this is just me guessing as I'm not involved in the Battlepack in any way and I don't even know what's in it.  It's the only way I can think of as to how it might work though.  Naturally all the scenarios would have to have some sort of ironclad way of forcing the player to own the Battlepack itself in order to access any of the scenarios at all or the whole thing wouldn't work.

Edited to add that presumably whenever the Battlepack is added to the store there would be some sort of notification as to how much stuff is specific to each game or module so the consumer can make an informed choice as to whether they want to get it or not.

I have everything but the vehicle pack. I might pick it up if there are several scenarios using assets from the pack. That is the only reason i didnt buy it. I dont play quick battles or PBEM so it wouldnt be of any use to me, but if there are scenarios for the pack i will most likely but it

I'd say the best assumption to make would be that the BP will use stuff from both modules and the VP. That is, after all, the point. Creating scenarios for the individual modules is constrained by the requirement that they all be playable if the purchaser only has the base game + that particular module. I.e., vehicles and units from the other modules are off limits.

That constraint does not exist for the BP.