Brief overview of where CM is headed

On topic of the depository id like a system like green as jades where a user can easily add content like his site and download easily and fast.

No disclaimers every time we download

Put content warnings on the main page or in small print - we want mods not warnings coming up every download that something might not work properly every time we download rah rah

Please fix or somefink!

Thanks for the update

What I can say is we're focusing this Upgrade on long standing requests. I can think of one that was first suggested sometime around 1998.

Steve

Full battle replay?

What I can say is we're focusing this Upgrade on long standing requests. I can think of one that was first suggested sometime around 1998.

Steve

Full battle replay?

:D  Ever the optimist! 

This is an impressive list of projects, and all sounds very promising. I'll keep my credit card at the ready.

Love the idea of Battle Packs. As someone who loves SP Campaigns above all, I trust there will be some solid offerings in that dept.

Well paper tiger has been mia? I wonder?

c'mon man show some of the other campaign designers some love. :D

One of my favorites was actually Chris's TF Panther.

You see that is the trouble you mention one, then the others need some love too...

;)

I missed TF Panther?

"Black Sea is definitely not being neglected! After the Bulge game is released we're focused on extending the content of the existing Families instead of venturing into new ones until we get caught up on Modules. While more are planned they aren't going to be available for a while yet."

Please translate!

"Black Sea is definitely not being neglected! After the Bulge game is released we're focused on extending the content of the existing Families instead of venturing into new ones until we get caught up on Modules. While more are planned they aren't going to be available for a while yet."

Please translate!

There won't be another base game for quite a while.

@Steve can we have a campaign that links Gold Sword Juno Utah & Omaha ? + 'maybe' paradrops behind the enemy lines. hell yeah.. this probably ought to comprise easily an 11 to 14 mission campaign that i find hard no one will resist giving a ride ? 

Hell Yeah. 

Steve said :

Medium Panzer Battalions with StuGs, for example, will certainly be noted by Quick Battle players who use the Random force options. Perhaps not with joy either!

Did anybody understand what this meant.  Not all that important I guess but something I'd be interested in knowing what was meant.

Oh and thank you Steve I had actually logged on this morning to ask about any current news on what was being done to the games, etc and found this excellent heads up post.  

Very exciting news!  

Thanks

Steve said :

Medium Panzer Battalions with StuGs, for example, will certainly be noted by Quick Battle players who use the Random force options. Perhaps not with joy either!

Did anybody understand what this meant.  Not all that important I guess but something I'd be interested in knowing what was meant.

Oh and thank you Steve I had actually logged on this morning to ask about any current news on what was being done to the games, etc and found this excellent heads up post.  

Very exciting news!  

Thanks

My guess? 

Panzer battalion TO&E will not always be with actual tanks, but may be equipped with StuGs. StuGs lacking turrets by definition would in most cases be a disadvantage over full turreted tanks. 

We will add Volkssturm and Hitler Jugend units when the timeframe is right for their inclusion. We had Volkssturm in CMBO/CMBB as well. However, we will not be adding child sized soldier models into the game. Even if we thought it was a good idea (it isn't), the game engine was deliberately designed to have no variability in soldier height. The reason for that is clear to see if you put a Squad behind a wall or in a building with windows. Do that and then think of how many CPU cycles, RAM for animations, and artist time would be needed to make sure different sized soldiers would behave correctly in relation to other game elements. If you need a hint, the word "prohibitively" should be worked into your answer :D

Steve

Any chance that in the future or ver 4.0 will actually use all available cores in a CPU? From what I understand no game/sim uses more than 4 cores and you have processors with 6 or 8 cores available.