Gustav Video

Just seems to saturate or is it de-saturate? In laymens terms washes out the colour.

Not sure if I will bother with it..the stock colours where always abit to colourful for me but Aris terrain mod sorted that out.

Hopefully it didn't take to much coding time..as I'd rather have seen damage decals.

It's just a shader. There's nothing more to it.

Well, i like it, even if there red crosses are still there. In general the vids really are making the time i know i am going to have to wait until i can play Gustav Line harder ;). Love the AA guns.

I think BF has missed a trick here. For the gamer the "movie mode" is not very helpful but I do know there a number of people who would dearly love to make war movies. An untapped market.

Is it possible to code the crosses out or change the colour at least to khakhi. The red is just so obviously glaringly wrong. There really really is a market out there for players who would make some excellent movies.

PS If umlaut is right then BF should have no problem making movie mode more like a real movie mode.

There is a mod that removes the red crosses, you know.

I know, the thing is i actually like and want Red Crosses most of the time i play. They only bother me sometimes when i turn the icons off and go to the lowest camera elevation level to watch the movie and enjoy all the little micro dramas.

I've always kind'a liked the original Sicily 'natural' colors. The movie shader earns its pay, though, when we hit high winter mountains with snow on the ground and flakes falling. VERY atmospheric. I had been lobbying for 'movie' shading specifically for the winter Bulge battles and this is all I could've hoped for.

Just seems to saturate or is it de-saturate? In laymens terms washes out the colour.

No. It fiddles with a number of things. Increases contrast, changes saturation, performs some other color processes, but more importantly gives us a huge potential array of other underlying abilities. The exciting bit (to me) about this feature isn't so much the feature itself or the color change, it's the changes to engine capabilities underneath it. The ability to change colors around is just a nice side effect.

Not sure if I will bother with it..the stock colours where always abit to colourful for me but Aris terrain mod sorted that out.

Hopefully it didn't take to much coding time..as I'd rather have seen damage decals.

I'll let Steve talk about how long it took if he wants, but I can say that damage decals would have taken much, much, much, much longer, and would have required WAY more work than just a few bits of code.

PS If umlaut is right then BF should have no problem making movie mode more like a real movie mode.

Sure, but it sounds like it could be done with a simple mod - whereas we'd have to add toggles and documentation and code to support other things. In terms of bang for the buck I think there might be other priorities to spend time on, especially with a mod available that does precisely that.

Sure, but it sounds like it could be done with a simple mod - whereas we'd have to add toggles and documentation and code to support other things. In terms of bang for the buck I think there might be other priorities to spend time on, especially with a mod available that does precisely that.

Would it - just in theory or maybe at some undefined point in the future - be possible to configure the CMx2 engine in a way that users could simply create their own toggles and simply command line combinations (scripts)? The HL2 engine for example lets you do this and back in the days i played CS:Source i was heavily using that feature. I am not a coder, so i have got no idea on how much effort this would take, but this would surely enhance the users ability to create mods and IMO the mod friendlyness of the CMx2 series is one of its best features - i love all stuff at the Repository!

No. The AA is strictly used against ground targets. I'm not sure where in the development schedule using AA against possible (unseen) aircraft in the scenario will get coded up. It is likely to be a LONG time before that feature will be available.

Perhaps a "quickfix" could be to simply increase the likelihood of aircraft strafing being offtarget if (dedicated) AA is present amongst the enemy force ?

I can live without the eye-candy of seeing them actually fire at aircraft.