Thanks Battlefront! For the Patch, I mean.

Hi,

Franko: When you purchase a CM game, you're really buying into a process of historical interaction with a community of geeks, and an ever-improving work in progress.

My thoughts exactly...

Imagine how this engine is going to be when the first module is out, let alone by the time we hit the Eastern Front.

All previous versions of CM are just R&D for the Eastern Front... :).

Lots of fun to come.....

All the best,

Kip.

The next time somebody is blathering about BF refusing to accept CMBN is beyond reproach just give them a link to the patch! Nice to see the tanks are being tamed, both regarding aquisition and firing on the move, also like the retreat if crewman KO'd.

Will the armour cover arc be in the Commonwealth module? Has there been a final decision on ROF for MG's and the cover afforded by buildings, or indeed their ability to absorb damage and what about overly heroic tank crews?

I just went to the download site and counted up seventy three seperate 'bullet points' of changes/fixes/tweaks in the patch.

An impressive number. But a pity IMO that some of the more obvious graphical glitches - flashing trees and wobbling ground - still remain unfixed.

flashing trees and wobbling ground - still remain unfixed.

I'm not sure what wobbling ground is (probably changing from distance LODs to close up detailed terrain). Flashing trees is your graphics card. They did a hack fix for one flashing problem for one card then the problem poped up for another, so they went back and fixed that... etc. etc. I thought they had finally run that to ground.

They did a hack fix for one flashing problem for one card then the problem poped up for another, so they went back and fixed that... etc. etc. I thought they had finally run that to ground.

Not for me. I have no idea what circumstances conspire to make the trees flash, but it pisses me off enough that I tend to visit the editor to annihilate any offenders (only some trees flash for me, and they can be 'fixed' with deletion).

Hey grunt - sorry, I posted my update in your tech support thread, I guess it slipped by. No, I wasn't able to find a fix for the X1600 lockups. I did make a number of X1600 related fixes which it might be worthwhile to try with 10.6.8 to see if it alleviates the problem on your system, but they didn't help our testers. I'm sorry I wasn't able to solve it - it just turned out to be a nasty nest of problems, some of them with no real solution.

Just ran a quick battle, medium size, mixed force. The very first force selection the AI chose was 10 tanks and a medium mortar squad, which was meh in my view, but the second one was perfect. 5 PzIVs of two different variants, and 1 full strength company of truppen and one weakened company (1 platoon short) of grenadiers. Great job you did with this. The tanks shooting on the move really feels right now. My sherman 75 rolling down a hill on slow did take a shot at a PzIV, and missed overhead, which seemed correct considering the locations of the two tanks. Thankfully, I listened when Gibsonm tells me things, and I had his buddy on over watch about 100 meters too his rear and as soon as the PzIV stopped to take out my tank, the overwatch blasted him. They were shooting at each other from about 750 meters on opposing sides of a valley, each on their respective high grounds. The Sherman 76 and the M10 I had covering the infantry advance on the opposite end of my side of the valley hardly fired a shot, as all the enemy tanks approached using a compound of farm buildings as cover from that side, but between them and the fires of my Sherman 75 four PzIVs were knocked out without even a scratch to any of my tanks. And having an HQ and an FO is perfect spots to observe the river of enemy pixel truppen, and calling in fast and accurate fire from six 81mm and three 60mm mortars plus a battery of 105mm howitzers. It was a massacre to say the least, I had one man wounded, they lost all but 45 men killed or wounded, a shredded remains of almost two companies of men. Man, I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Quite. Thanks BF, for your excellent support. Did give me a fright though. I couldn't start the game anymore after patching, but it turned out to be related with running the game as administrator, which can easily be solved. If anyone else has this problem, look for the solution in the Tech support and don't panic, don't panic! Like I did....;-)

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99238