Patch for CMBN - How will it be Announced?

It will be announced on the forum (in the announcements section, surprise!) and on BFC's homepage. I don't think there will be any direct notification for game owners. But rest assured it will be announced long enough before it is released that you will have enough time to get ready for it and won't miss out. :)

First a sacrificial virgin is offered to the great coding god. We are thinking of using Emrys for it.

Then when the moon hits the seventh house, and jupiter aligns with mars... a post is sent to everyone to let them know a patch has been released.

Only then, we cry havoc and let loose the dogs of Peng.

Rune

First a sacrificial virgin is offered to the great coding god. We are thinking of using Emrys for it.

Then when the moon hits the seventh house, and jupiter aligns with mars... a post is sent to everyone to let them know a patch has been released.

Only then, we cry havoc and let loose the dogs of Peng.

Rune

As well you should.

At what point will newly minted CDs be patched?

You mean you haven't heard? V1.01 is old news. Most of us are already using v1.48. The neural feedback option is a mindbender! Once that's installed you never need to browse the forums for announcements again. Sorry we didn't tell you.

:):):) <-- for the humor impaired!

If you look at the forum or check the BF.C website, I'm sure you'll see it when it gets released.

Ken

I just checked the Battlefront.com main site (where Repository is), and under the 'Comms' heading you can subscribe to the various Battleront mailing lists. I'd expect the mailing list notice and the board posting would be pretty much sumultaneous. But some people don't visit the chat board regularly.

Only gamers with LOS or a properly working comm link to the on or off map patching assets will be able to find the patch. You'll have the option to download the patch at emergency speed, but there's no guarantee that it will land in the same folder as your installed game.

Patch reference points will allow you to get the patch faster and more accurately, even if you have no LOS to BFC or your computer, but you'll have to purchase them ahead of time.

... then, we cry havoc and let loose the dogs of Peng.

Rune

The dogs of Peng? Those toothless bald flea infested excuses for creatures ,forsaken by nature and/or god? Last time I saw them they were huddling in fear behind barn, fruitlessly munching on some rotten bits, thrown by visibly shaken passer-by, and I thought: any half-decent owner will put them out of they misery.

So .. dogs of Peng. Right then ,bring on.

• 2 weeks later...