Release date not 20 May 2011

Given this:

I can confirm that the release date will NOT be May 20.

What will happen is this (it's how these things always work here at Battlefront):

1) all pre-order customers will receive an email that their downloads are enabled (make sure to whitelist sales@battlefront.com in your email program! If you entered your email incorrectly during the order process, you're screwed ;))

2) one of the pre-order customers will ignore the friendly plea to NOT post on the forum that they are already downloading (this happens usually within 2 seconds after the emails go out), and will start a thread here saying something like "OMG OMG OMG I AM DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!"

3) the official release announcement will go up on the front page a couple of hours later, and the pre-order offer will be removed, and replaced with the usual "Download Only", "Mail Only" and "Download&Mail" options.

The latter, btw, still include a very few Steelbooks (we may run out today, though). We're almost out (and the only reason we are not out yet is because a stock count revealed that we have received more Steelbooks than we had ordered, for no extra charge. Thank you Scanavo :))

Martin

and this notice on the on the Battlefront home page:

Clipboard05.jpg

I would assume the release date will be next week.

That's what I was wondering...does Moon mean "Not May 20th, but later", or "Not May 20th, but earlier."

Guess which one I'm rooting for?

Believe we have to give Moon some credit here as if the game was to be released next week he would have stated - "not this week." But he did not state that at all and therefore I am thinking later today or tomorrow appears likely.

And given this Rune quote in the MBT

this is the BBC calling...

The chair is against the wall.... I repeat, the chair is against the wall.

john has a brown moustache, I repeat, john has a brown moustache.

This is the bbc signing off...

Rune

I am confidant in saying release will probably be sometime in the next 48 hours.

I take note of the fact that Steve said in this thread http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=96712

Not to worry... we stopped tweaking things for the release last week. Instead we're working on v1.01. And before v1.01 is released we'll start working on v1.02. So on and so forth If we held up for a perfect release we'd still be working on CMBO and none of you would have yet played it!

That makes me think release will be within this week.

Hope they fix the Mac crash bug before release of Mac version. This might be reason for delay.

There have been a number of fixes to the Mac version specifically since the demo release, in fact. We will release updated demos as well.

Martin

There have been a number of fixes to the Mac version specifically since the demo release, in fact. We will release updated demos as well.

Martin

Right, Mr M, now you're being just plain sadistic!

You're clearly sitting there smiling at each of these poor, desperate threads, and deliberately and with malice aforethought declining to give us anything tangible!

Give us a bone, please. Some of us are grown men with children and all that stuff, and yet now I feel I'm doing everything I tell the kids not to do at Christmas.

You are emasculating us in the eyes of our wives and demeaning us in the eyes of our children!

R

this happens, if you alltime play with this mystic secret release date.

give a date, with gives you time enough to bring something on the market and if everything works well you can make your customers happy and release earlier.

such comments from 11. of may ... "in a few days" is only to fire up wild speculations.

what means "few days" ? 2,8,20,50 ?

maybe some people like this release date gaming, not me....sorry.

It won't be out this week I don't think. There is mention on another thread that the MAC crash would be fixed in the release version and in the updated demo. That was posted today so that would require further testing if that is true.

It won't be out this week I don't think. There is mention on another thread that the MAC crash would be fixed in the release version and in the updated demo. That was posted today so that would require further testing if that is true.

On the other hand, Steve posted that last night in the Tank thread that they were working on 1.01 already...which I took to mean that 1.0 (presumably the gold) was done. I'm betting on tomorrow or Thursday.