The marks of a classic

I mentioned this in a bit of a rant on another thread but thought I'd share...

Here is an analogy to try and explain how CMSF was for me and the CMx2 engine...

I love my garage\psych early '65 to '71 music...I have about 300 CD's and I have bought many more only to throw a fair few away after the first listen as they where terrible...A fair amount of them on the first listen I thought they where amazing (this applies to recent music aswell) but after a few plays it starts to wear thin and eventually they see very little play time...then there are the ones that I really liked straight away and still do like them and get played alot more than the latter...finally we have the ones I liked when first played but the more I played them the more I loved them until they become one of my all time favourites , classics, and even after years and hours of play I never get bored and love them just as much, they are albums I couldn't part with and give me the most enjoyment.

CMSF was like this...it didn't blow me away instantly but I liked it and could see something in it even though I didn't like the modern setting or the theatre and it had little quirks and idiosyncrasies...still it was good enough to keep playing...and the more scenarios I tried the more I really started to get it and it started to give me some of my all time favourite wargae experiences...and now for me it's a classic...so I know CMBN will be the same...the game grows on you...the more you play...it's very heavly reliant on how good the campaign\scenario maker was...and when you get a great one it gives you way more than any other game....

So what I'm trying to say is those who haven't been blown away by the demo please stick with it...it's a creeper...it has all the signs of what makes a classic...

Sorry to have bored you....but just needed to send this out into the forum ether...

finally we have the ones I liked when first played but the more I played them the more I loved them until they become one of my all time favourites , classics, and even after years and hours of play I never get bored and love them just as much, they are albums I couldn't part with and give me the most enjoyment.

CMSF was like this...it didn't blow me away instantly but I liked it and could see something in it even though I didn't like the modern setting or the setting...still it was good enough to keep playing...and the more scenarios I tried the more I really started to get it and it started to give me some of my all time favourite wargae experiences...and now for me it's a classic...

CMBN the Dark side of the moon of games. :D

More like "Truckin" "What a long, strange trip it's been"

better watch that, a bit of owsley's best and you might find yourself moving your mouse just looking for butterflies in the meadow and forgetting- oh right I was playing CM.. "Hey will you look at that?!"