Release date anyone???

I wish someone would just give us a release date. If they release and theirs still bugs to be worked out of the game, isnt that what a patch is for, and what we cant release more than a handfull of patches in the games lifespan of popularity. So if they dont want to release due to minor game problems/bugs, and dont want to release more than a couple patches, then why cant they just give us a darn release date already!!!!!

Supposedly because they want to go over your demo posts and see if anything stands out to be tweaked.

Alright everyone, we need to learn a lesson here. Next time a demo comes out fill the forum with 'it's perfect, no flaws here' posts. Then when the full version comes out, let the complaints fly.

I think in a perfect world as a consumer, the demo would be released on a Monday and the game on a Friday.

However, this isn't so bad. An entire weekend to play through 3 scenarios and get our feet wet and get familiar with the game/controls (especially for those of us who never played CMSF) is good.

We lasted, what, 6 months on the CM:BO beta demo alone? I played the two CM:BO demos for longer than I played the actual game.

The release will be soon. The manuals should be in by Tuesday, a few days late. We've also identified some specific circumstances where the Demo won't load (Windows 7 64 Bit) and we're trying to track down that problem BEFORE we release.

We're not doing gameplay tweaks at this point. That will only cause delays.

Steve

The release will be soon. The manuals should be in by Tuesday, a few days late. We've also identified some specific circumstances where the Demo won't load (Windows 7 64 Bit) and we're trying to track down that problem BEFORE we release.

We're not doing gameplay tweaks at this point. That will only cause delays.

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve, and before that, Martin. I assume you are waiting to release to game for download until you are ready to ship?

Thanks

Chad

I once joked that the next game delay will involve a racoon family living in Steve's toolshed. When it comes to game releases you can quote Donald Rumsfeld. There are known knowns, known unknowns, and also unknown unknowns. Its those last one that always gets you in the neck. :)

Once they get their daily three hours of sleep and tackle their Window$ issue I am sure there will be an announcement.

They also may have some thing going where they cannot start the downloads until they ship our precious steelboxes.

In any case I would not expect action on a weekend.

Prove me wrong BFC... ohhh puuulleeez prove me wrong.

:D

We've also identified some specific circumstances where the Demo won't load (Windows 7 64 Bit) and we're trying to track down that problem BEFORE we release.

I had some trouble with freezes, getting it to load, etc. at first (Windows 7 64bit, ATI video card). After telling Spyware Doctor to "Always Allow" CM Normandy Demo.exe the problems seem to have disappeared (so far).

Yep Sunday night now and no News from BFC. I just have a hard time seeing why they cant just put a darn release date on the game. They say a "few days" but thats it! Come on, some of us have already paided for the preorder edition, so cant we find out when we get what we paid for!!!!! But no they just take our money and then toy with us. Guess thats what we all get for buying the preorder.

Yep Sunday night now and no News from BFC. I just have a hard time seeing why they cant just put a darn release date on the game. They say a "few days" but thats it! Come on, some of us have already paided for the preorder edition, so cant we find out when we get what we paid for!!!!! But no they just take our money and then toy with us. Guess thats what we all get for buying the preorder.

I can only assume this was posted with humour in mind.

Dude, welcome to the adult world. Now give Mummy her credit card back and get back to your Xbox.

Yep, see this is the true story. Steve and those guys HATE computer games. They actually don't even really have a game, the demo is just a hash of some stuff they threw together. They don't play computer games nor do the beta testers. Instead they simply watch the forums giggling maniacally as we fret like 9 year olds waiting for our red ryder BB rifle. Ahh sweet mother of god are they ever enjoying this thread.

Oh yeah and what you get for pre order is a cool metal box! Now how pathetic do we sound? Like Charlie Brown on halloween...I got a game, I got a PC, I got a ...box. :D