Pre order cancellation

I was not blessed with a response on this from BFC in the original Shipping Preorder thread so I thought to copy/paste the question to its own thread instead:

So now I have the option to cancel my pre-order. Great.

But BFC has not stated how long we have to decide and do that. It may take us sometime to accurately find out what (if any) extra charges we will be subject to.

Can we reserve the "right" to take such decission up and until the time of actual shipping? Will we be notified prior to that shipping date so we can exercise the cancellation option?

Otherwise is BFC going to state any deadline for this cancellation policy?

It´s just that I would not like to be notified the product has shipped before I know how much additional I have to pay and can therefore take an informed decission.

The clock is ticking on game release. I wouldn't dawdle. I think Steve said the Demo release would preceed the game by a couple days. So when you see the demos appear that means the wheels have been set in motion.

I think Steve said the Demo release would preceed the game by a couple days. So when you see the demos appear that means the wheels have been set in motion.

"A warning shot across the bow" I think was mentioned in that posting by Steve ... demo proceeding game by a few days (or so). Yes, you do recall correctly.

My advice is to get the information tomorrow and then make a decision. This should be easy information to get. You could find it online right now, probably. Your local Post Office won't likely know because (at least for most countries) the Post Office and Customs are two different government entities.

For a Danish customer I don't think you have much to worry about. If you noticed, almost everybody in the thread complaining about high taxes on incoming products were in the UK. Apparently the chances of being charged extra is near 100% and the amount charged and there is a ridiculous £8 flat processing fee. I don't know of any other country that has a flat processing fee!!!

For most countries it is just your VAT you will owe. And so it's no different than if you purchased the product from within the EU because, obviously, you would be paying the VAT in that case.

SI'd say the worries about extra fees is generally not a concern for anybody other than British citizens. In their case they look to be treated quite harshly.

Steve

My advice is to get the information tomorrow and then make a decision. This should be easy information to get. You could find it online right now, probably. Your local Post Office won't likely know because (at least for most countries) the Post Office and Customs are two different government entities.

For a Danish customer I don't think you have much to worry about. If you noticed, almost everybody in the thread complaining about high taxes on incoming products were in the UK. Apparently the chances of being charged extra is near 100% and the amount charged and there is a ridiculous £8 flat processing fee. I don't know of any other country that has a flat processing fee!!!

For most countries it is just your VAT you will owe. And so it's no different than if you purchased the product from within the EU because, obviously, you would be paying the VAT in that case.

SI'd say the worries about extra fees is generally not a concern for anybody other than British citizens. In their case they look to be treated quite harshly.

Steve

Well, with all due respect, I hope you do not second guess or decide how I need to lead my life and when and how I go about my chores, including this one. If it was that easy to collect that information and clear cut, you could have collected it yourself before pre order launch. Alas, in your note you mention how difficult and unpredictable these things are and I agree.

I will have collected and confirmed that information when I ll collect and confirm it, and not a single minute earlier.

You guys have made a mistake in communication for which we are now in a rush to do something we could have done with no rush weeks ago. I would therefore also expect that your welcome cancellation offer has a clear limit in time as it should, otherwise and if I learn about shipping before I can decide on this you will have a very unhappy customer.

I'm sorry ~Viajero, but I don't really get what you expect from BFC. Either you inform yourself and make the decision to cancel, or you don't. Them telling you the release timeframe does not make a jot of difference.

It comes across to me that you, having found BFC at a moral disadvantage, are engaging in a bit of a "respect my authoritah".

Actually ~Viajero you are the one in the wrong and not BF as far as I see it. It is your responsibility to figure out what it's going to cost you to have something sent to your door and not BF's. You made some assumptions on something and you were wrong. People make mistakes and it looks like you made one here. I've made many mistakes in my life and about the only thing you can take from them is to learn from them. I suggest that's what you do with this one. Ranting about it will change nothing except increase your blood pressure. :)

EDIT

Wow, forget what I wrote...lots of replies already lol, situation resolved.

I'm sorry ~Viajero, but I don't really get what you expect from BFC. Either you inform yourself and make the decision to cancel, or you don't. Them telling you the release timeframe does not make a jot of difference.

It comes across to me that you, having found BFC at a moral disadvantage, are engaging in a bit of a "respect my authoritah".

Nah, not really. Just saw a glimpse of an opportunity to extract some info re release date and took it. Maybe not in style, but hey.

I still get enjoyment from cmx1 games and have waited long enough for this not to be put of by a bit extra cost. I know i'll get more than my investment back in years of gaming, so in the short term, yup it's a bit dissapointing but in the long run it'll hopefully still be worth it.

Well, with all due respect, I hope you do not second guess or decide how I need to lead my life and when and how I go about my chores, including this one. If it was that easy to collect that information and clear cut, you could have collected it yourself before pre order launch. Alas, in your note you mention how difficult and unpredictable these thngs are.

It is not our responsibility to understand what two dozen countries have in terms of imposing duties, fines, paperwork, etc. That is the customer's responsibility so we didn't even attempt to gather this information.

I will have collected and confirmed that information when I ll collect and confirm it, and not a single minute earlier.

Fine, you can do whatever you like. But we're not going to cater our release to your schedule.

You guys have made a mistake in communication for which we are now in a rush to do something we could have done with no rush weeks ago. I would therefore also expect that your welcome cancellation offer has a clear limit in time as it should, otherwise and if I learn about shipping before I can decide on this you will have a very unhappy customer.

Which is why I have advised you to look into this as soon as possible. Alternatively you can cancel your order right now and take your time to find out the information you need. If the game is still available for preorders, go ahead and preorder again if you want.

As others have said, the Demo's release will give you an indication of how much time you have for your decision. But I've already told you it isn't much time and so there's not much more I can tell you.

Steve

patience, fellow players patience, you will not be disappointed. I may be biased (would not be the first time), but CMBN will be an instant classic. :)

I don't even have the game but that is the impression I get...which makes having patience so much harder. :)

Troll score: 8/10. Not bad, he managed to fool me. :P

Well... truth be told, I was a Troll with a purpose... one that should have united us all (extract info on release date etc), ahem.

What was that about POW´s now?

...Generally the laws of war recognize the right of a POW to attempt to escape and the duty of the detaining power to prevent an escape...

Not that we are prisoners of BFC at all (I think) but... well, same thing. What I was not counting with was such degree of organized Collaborationism... fanboys!