AAR-CMBN_Beta Quick Battle "US Human Vs German AI"

Hello. Battlefronters.

I'm doing a new AAR in: www.puntadelanza.net

I know that with all that new video AARs, the old fashioned screenshots ones are not

as followed.

It's all in spanish languaje, but the images are very nice and the story is self

explanatory.

Here is te link: http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12015

Hope yall like it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick 'read' (mi no habla Espanol, soy no bueno), looks like a great fight - am I right in thinking you managed to knock out a Tiger with a Sherman 76mm from the front with one hit? That's a 1 in a 100 type shot you lucky, lucky chap - rather changed the shape of the encounter I imagine!

This is what I have been waiting for, an AAR of a normal QB. This is they type of battle I will spend most of my time on, and I am very happy by what I see. Thank you so much for posting this AAR, just what I needed to keep the faith!

Looks like some guys complaining about the game or the AI or something (look at some smilies).

Can you explain that please ?

Yes, is a Quick Battle against the IA, so the IA has no "triggers" or anything to help it's

strategy.

So it's behaviour it's not very smart (compared to human).

I don't know if Battlefront agrees with me but I belive that Quick Battles are to play

against another human.

Pre-designed scenarios are the way to play agains the IA, Battlefront has make a huge

step forward here, (we already saw this on CMSF), now scenario designers have the

magic "triggers" to improve IA strategy, and make really tought scenarios even for

the "ACE-Players", only time and willing are scenario designer's barrier.

On Page 3 we see PFC Anglen's 1st Squad, B Team shooting out of a 2nd story window with a rifle grenade (you can actually see the grenade mid-flight in the screenshot). The round hits a PzIV, but doesn't penetrate. That squad also has a bazooka. Had they been outside of the house, behind that hedge, they probably would have gotten a kill. I wonder if the player doesn't know about not being able to fire bazookas/shreks/fausts indoors?

edit: Looks like the same thing happens on Page 5. Durant shoots at a PzIV from the top floor of a building using his rifle and is silenced by HE. Again, he had a bazooka but couldn't use it indoors. Too bad the player didn't realize that limitation or he could have probably had two easy armor kills.

Just had a quick 'read' (mi no habla Espanol, soy no bueno), looks like a great fight - am I right in thinking you managed to knock out a Tiger with a Sherman 76mm from the front with one hit? That's a 1 in a 100 type shot you lucky, lucky chap - rather changed the shape of the encounter I imagine!

Probably more like one in a million! (So you're saying there IS a chance </lloyd>)

Oh how I wish there were impact markers in the game so that we could see exactly where that shell hit. Gotta be the luckiest shot I've ever seen in all my years.

Please take comments on what is and is not available in QB's and Scen with a grain of salt. The very best info source is BFC.

For those of you who intend to play the QB vs AI: So do I. I designed the group setup, pathing orders, time, arty, movement types. Beta Testing has been fun. There are a couple of new design features that were not available in CMSF that have been well received. But I suppose the most important question might be, "will the AI Defender just sit on it's butt and wait to get creamed, like it did when CMSF was released?" The answer to that is no.

Just How Good is the CMBN QB AI? Still Not as capable as a human...and never will be. But the AI is capable of making a game of it... often a darn good game of it. So for those of you who like the QB vs AI battle: I wish you Joy and good hunting.

On Page 3 we see PFC Anglen's 1st Squad, B Team shooting out of a 2nd story window with a rifle grenade (you can actually see the grenade mid-flight in the screenshot). The round hits a PzIV, but doesn't penetrate. That squad also has a bazooka. Had they been outside of the house, behind that hedge, they probably would have gotten a kill. I wonder if the player doesn't know about not being able to fire bazookas/shreks/fausts indoors?

edit: Looks like the same thing happens on Page 5. Durant shoots at a PzIV from the top floor of a building using his rifle and is silenced by HE. Again, he had a bazooka but couldn't use it indoors. Too bad the player didn't realize that limitation or he could have probably had two easy armor kills.

He said that he just forgotten the fact that he could not fire from inside.

The screenshots on Page 6 are incredible. I especially love to see the physics of the ricochets. The shot that bounces off the Panther turret and lands over by the American machine gun is cool, but the coolest thing I've seen yet for CMBN is a shot penetrating a PzIV, shooting out the back, and hitting a second PzIV's weapon mount! Awesome!