Questions from a Newb

Got a few question for you pals

I've tried those CM1 demo back then and like it but never got into that turned base format. Followed you guys from there because I can recon some good game maker and was expecting that somehow you guys get some RTS in the game.

SO now that you do so in WW2 I got a few question for you:

Do you guys also include SS and paratroopers for that 1st release since they fought VS the american in Normandy?

Do soliders dug in foxholes?

How is the campaing mode? What I really enjoy is that campaing gameplay when you can lost terrain and gain terrain and you move through map. Do you guys offer this also?(just like CC2)

Do your force pool follow you through the campaing?

If by the end of the round it`s still not a overwhelming victory controling all VL(objectives). Do you still fight over the same ground to move further in the map?

Can you blow up bridge or something to halt ennemy advance with pionners?

What about Modding? What mods consist in CM? new tanks or whole new scenarios?

Do you guys also include SS and paratroopers for that 1st release since they fought VS the american in Normandy?

No. This page has the list of all of the units that are included in the base release. Basically, BFC acknowledges that FJ and SS did fight the Americans, but less often than the Brits did and it was just too much work to fit them AND the Wehrmacht into the base release. FJ and SS will be included in the first expansion module.

Do soliders dug in foxholes?

The soldiers themselves don't. The scenario designer allocates foxholes to whatever side he deems appropriate.

How is the campaing mode? What I really enjoy is that campaing gameplay when you can lost terrain and gain terrain and you move through map. Do you guys offer this also?(just like CC2)

The CMBN campaigns will be different. They consist of a series of self-contained missions. If you wanted to, you could probably set up a campaign that works as you describe, but the stock campaigns don't really work like that, if I understand you correctly.

Do your force pool follow you through the campaing?

Yes.

If by the end of the round it`s still not a overwhelming victory controling all VL(objectives). Do you still fight over the same ground to move further in the map?

Not necessarily, and in most cases no. What happens after a battle in a campaign is set up by the campaign designer.

What about Modding? What mods consist in CM? new tanks or whole new scenarios?

You can make your own scenarios and campaigns. Furthermore, you can mod textures and sounds, but you can't mod anything that affects gameplay. For example, you can make a Sherman pink and sound like a mockingbird, but you can't give it the 120mm gun of a modern Abrams tank. Clear? :)

The editor will allow you to create any battle with any of the units you desire, even US vs US, or German vs German (or any combination). Map size is limited to 4km x 4km (I think... It MAY be 2km x 2km).

The mod comment above: visuals and sounds can be modded, but unit abilities cannot be modded.

The editor will allow you to create any battle with any of the units you desire, even US vs US, or German vs German (or any combination). Map size is limited to 4km x 4km (I think... It MAY be 2km x 2km).

The mod comment above: visuals and sounds can be modded, but unit abilities cannot be modded.

I think it's 10x10km.

heh, i remember a scenario i created for a friend back in cmbo. i played the ami's and he played the germans. i gave him a force of all tigers and i had a mix of regular shermans and some td's. i also had some reinforcements set to arrive for the ami's, i forget what turn. anyway, his tigers were destroying my stuff in record time, so he was moving his force much faster than i'd anticipated when i created the scenario. well, the turn came for my reinforcements(i had actually forgotten about them) and they appeared on his right flank at point blank range. i laughed so hard it was difficult for me to explain to him that this wasn't supposed to happen. there are some things he has no sense of humor about and wargames are one of them, but we went ahead and let the action phase go anyway. his entire force was wiped out. the look on his face was priceless.

anyway the point is, be careful when you create a scenario with reinforcements. :-P

I'll be happy if CMBN trees and grass can be used in SF to make Cold War battles.

You should to be able to swap out ground textures easily enough (I haven't looked, so I can't say for sure), but you won't be able to do anything about trees, as the 3D models and associated programming are wildly different between the two titles.

My own, it's not public yet. :D

And there I was thinking you got a hold of some of my 'Bathtub Gin" :cool:

But after the studies, Tube Guy wandered off laughing to himself and all the rest of his platoon said they saw rainbow shermans, not a pink one to be found!!! :D

::Heading back to the bathroom...er....lab to perfect my recipe:: :P

Thanks for the infos guys! I just pre-order the game...

Tried a bit of CMSF Demo and I'm getting my ass kicked... lol

How do you fight in a building?? When I do assault a building almost all my men gets killed... lol even with smoke and supressive fire!

What kind of mod do you find in CM releases is it mostly custom maps? or Whole new scenario and features?

Thanks for the infos guys! I just pre-order the game...

Tried a bit of CMSF Demo and I'm getting my ass kicked... lol

How do you fight in a building?? When I do assault a building almost all my men gets killed... lol even with smoke and supressive fire!

What kind of mod do you find in CM releases is it mostly custom maps? or Whole new scenario and features?

Lot's of advice here about assaulting buildings:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82927

Basically lot's and lot's of fire :)

You'll find a variety of mods. Everything from modified skins for the soldiers, vehicles, terrain, sounds, to the UI. You'll also find new scenarios, campaigns and maps. You can check out the repository:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=select&id=2

Cheers fur noo

George