NATO Available! huzzah!

If you are going to offer pre-orders early access, why not have an option for download only pre-orders.

Because pre-orders as it is do something good for the customer (he/she saves $10), and something good for us, too (we get more orders for hardgoods and get a better return on our investment to print them in the first place).

BTW, it was not planned to have the delay be as long as it is. But the first batch of installers had a small bug and we needed to fix this first before making the actual release. It won't be long anymore.

Martin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arggh!! I knew this was gonna happen!! I was so hoping for it last weekend, then I thought maybe Tue or Wed?? I saw last night pre-order folk were downloading and thought the link might be up late but no love.

Now I'm leaving today to do a living history at the Antietam Battlefield and will have no modern conveniences. Of course it will be released today and I'm going to have to wait til Monday to get it and sit down with it!!!

I knew it!!!!

Ooops. Is that going to effect the early adopters?

Only a few, and only if you do not have the other two modules (British+Marines). The first symptom if you are affected is that it's asking you to license a module you don't actually have. If that happens, simply ignore the request, and before launching the game, download and run the little hotfix file for NATO that you can get from www.battlefront.com/patches (or if you click on the Check for Updates link).

But everybody downloading now and for the past couple of hours or so does not need this hotfix, as the main files have been corrected already.

Anyone tell us what the visual changes are like?

Pretty impressive actually. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but the terrain is better? Shadows seem to work properly now, although there is still the Nvidia lighting glitch. Adds quite a lot of atmosphere. I'm going to check out some of the new animations now. The new sound effect for the demolished building is fantastic and that really immerses you in.

I really have to stop buying these things. LOL.

Just logged on remotely to my home PC, bought it and now it's downloading. I'll install it remotely too and when I get home I can play instantly. Ah technology!!!! :D

Now please finish up Normandy dammit!!!!!!!!!!

Because pre-orders as it is do something good for the customer (he/she saves $10), and something good for us, too (we get more orders for hardgoods and get a better return on our investment to print them in the first place).

BTW, it was not planned to have the delay be as long as it is. But the first batch of installers had a small bug and we needed to fix this first before making the actual release. It won't be long anymore.

Martin

Ah, okay. I hope that didn't come off as critical. Just saying I wouldn't mind having a reason to pre-order the download.

Congratulations on the release. Can't wait to dive in later tonight.