ETA - How far out?

Im not willing to search the whole Forum for the ETAs giving by Steve for the Release of the CMN Title and the Nato Module.

So as we get closer to release i hope you can estimate how far its away? 3 Days? 3 Weeks 3 Month? 3 Years?

Im a bit sceptic for a soon Release, there arent any Previews anywhere and no Forum has been opend yet, just some Alpha Screens of some Tank and Inf Modelles.

So how far away is it? Christmas 2010? 2011?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks ago I myself was sure of a release sometime in June, since a couple of months ago BFC said that they were gonna start to wrap up loose ends. Probably these loose ends were looser than expected. The release is on the horizon, autumn maybe? Or an out of the blue surpise release very soon?

Check the 6th of June topic also ;)

NATO is coming out relatively soon-ish. CM:N is slated for something between not so soon-ish and when it's done. That's schedule as far as I know. They've been stepping up the NATO screens, so it shouldn't be too far off. CM:N is anyone's guess.

Im not willing to search the whole Forum for the ETAs giving by Steve for the Release of the CMN Title and the Nato Module.

If you had searched it would have been a waste of your time. They are cagey about giving time estimates that they can be pinned down to.

Well well. Looking back on the last three years it seems to me that an often used excuse for the delays was the development and polishing of the campaign(s). I could be wrong with this observation.

If so, I would prefer if they release the game/module weeks earlier instead of wasting everybodies time. IMO, the campaigns aren't very attractive anyway, meaning: the single battles wouldn't be less fun if they would be single scenarios instead part of a campaign. The campaign battles doesn't really play very different from single scenarios, and there's nothing that make the core force of a campaign something special. They do not earn medals or honors or gain experience etc etc etc. That's of course a matter of taste.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if they release the game without campaign earlier and give away the campaign later.

Your casualties do carry over between battles however, and this makes you care a lot more about not losing men and equipment
Might be, but that is really the only aspect that differs campaigns from scenarios. But that is rather secondary. You can't even differ core from support forces when playing a campaign. Anyway, this is going off topic, I guess

If BFC starts to speak of a 'soon' release, expect that it will be in not less than 6 month. Generally you can multiply official announcemnets ("release in in 6 to 8 month" for example) with 3 to get close to the real release date :P

Might be, but that is really the only aspect that differs campaigns from scenarios. But that is rather secondary. You can't even differ core from support forces when playing a campaign. Anyway, this is going off topic, I guess

Wait, the NATO campaign is completely persistent? When was this released/mentioned/confirmed?

Webwing (from sticky thread above):

I didn´t mention any specific date because we are still working on a lot of things at the same time and I´m not sure yet what will be done when.

Beginning of next week should see some update in the NATO page comparing the 3 different IFVs.

I´ll have some screens of Dutch soldiers up for sure. I need to check a few more things first though.

So, we have some definite dates... for bones at least.

You kind of started it. Nothing that BFC ever actually made has been cancelled. Since you have BETA TESTERS playing it daily, not cancelled, and all 3 down the pipe are excellent.

As for when it's ready to roll out, well thats not my pay grade to decide.

As far as all the times you have been correct, well this isnt one of them.

I've noticed titles and modules tend to be worked on in reverse order. In the first all the most difficult coding is done up front (including vital stuff like new terrain elements) and the pretty art & models have to play play catch-up... meaning your screenshot bones come late in the process. In modules all that pretty art & models can often get worked on ahead of time, then has to wait on Steve and Charles to budget time for compilation. So working on a new title is a very different beast than working on a module. Heck, I'd guess twenty+ module scenario maps had already been completed before you even knew CM: NATO existed! :D;)

I am telling you: lack of bones = CANCELLED.

This is why I hate communicating over the internet: its sometimes very hard to tell if someone is being serious. At first glance, I would say that this was not a serious post. But, now that I look at the other posts, I think it was serious.

If it was, wow. Dont throw a bone out for a couple of weeks and obviously, your game is cancelled. Honestly, with these types of replies, I see why Steve hesitates to come in here more often. You really have to wonder about the posters . . .

Lucky bugger! Much jealousy

I am very lucky. I appreciate being a tester and realise it's a privilage. I can assure you, without breaching non-disclosure I hope, NATO will be awesome.

The entire team is working hard on bug hunting and attention to detail to make NATO polished and making sure the end product still has "WOW" factor. Normandy is just mindblowing to see running. Hang in there guys and gals cos we are in for an exciting ride :D

You kind of started it. Nothing that BFC ever actually made has been cancelled. Since you have BETA TESTERS playing it daily, not cancelled, and all 3 down the pipe are excellent.

As for when it's ready to roll out, well thats not my pay grade to decide.

As far as all the times you have been correct, well this isnt one of them.

Guys guys guys... it was a joke. The cancelled thing. geeezzzz.

...and my sig? It is a poke at all those who put "look I was right" quotes in own sigs.

and CMC was cancelled but I guess you said "actually made" which seems like a catch 22 sorta. If it was MADE...then yes, it was not cancelled but if it was cancelled then it was never made....wait....yeah.