Pre-orders available now?

This is an excerpt from the Paradox Interactive Newsletter I just received in my email:-

Pre-orders are now open for one of our biggest titles this year: Combat Mission: Shock Force.

Pre-orders are now open for one of our biggest titles this year: Combat Mission: Shock Force.

Combat Mission: Shock Force is being called the best installment in the Combat Mission series to date and this tactical military simulation is sure to keep strategy gamers busy throughout the summer as it releases on July 27 worldwide. The title is now available for pre-orders via our web shop and every pre-order* will be accompanied by an exclusive mouse pad featuring a series of tactical in-game commands!

Read more about the game

Pre-order here.

*while stocks last

Going to wait for a comment from BFC. Specifically if they'll be doing their own download on release and have a copy mailed to you at the same time deal.

Unfortunately last order I had with Paradox was not quite satisfactory, though I think they have since worked on that.

But yeah, the boxed copy preorders from Paradox are available now.

Hi guys,

our preorders will be launching soon. I think on monday at the latest. We will have two options for pre-orders this time:

-regular version (download & mail) with the game and printed 200 page manual for $45 plus shipping. You will be able to download the game early on release date (we will email all pre-order customers first before officially announcing that the game can be downloaded) and will receive the hardgoods in the mail automatically. You save $10 over what this option will cost after pre-orders are closed. If you only want the download and not the hardgoods, then you should wait until the official release.

- deluxe version (download & mail) with all of the above plus the mousepad plus a poster with the Syrian campaign map for $60 plus shipping. Again, you save $10 over what this option will cost later. The deluxe option is not available as download only (duh...)

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Hi guys,

our preorders will be launching soon. I think on monday at the latest. We will have two options for pre-orders this time:

-regular version (download & mail) with the game and printed 200 page manual for $45 plus shipping. You will be able to download the game early on release date (we will email all pre-order customers first before officially announcing that the game can be downloaded) and will receive the hardgoods in the mail automatically. You save $10 over what this option will cost after pre-orders are closed. If you only want the download and not the hardgoods, then you should wait until the official release.

- deluxe version (download & mail) with all of the above plus the mousepad plus a poster with the Syrian campaign map for $60 plus shipping. Again, you save $10 over what this option will cost later. The deluxe option is not available as download only (duh...)

Martin

can we get more description or photos of the mousepad and map, to decide if I will splurge the extra $ 15.

Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

Martin, (or someone else from BTS) can you elaborate on the Syria map? My question is from the game's point of view - how practically usefull the map will be? For Falcon 4 map of Korea was obviously usefull. For Lockon map of Caucasus and Crimea (if one was sold) would obviously be nice too. But for ground tactical simulation?

This is beside the point that such a map would have really nice aesthetic value to have on the wall.

Hi guys, here's a quick peek:

CMSF_mousepad.jpg

The mousepad shows the main commands used in the game and how they're arranged in the various command panels, plus some of the most important icons, e.g. for weapons, command link types etc. That stuff can be very useful!

CMSFmap.jpg

Put it on the wall - the invasion plan for Syria, including all units participating (Allies and Syria). Great if you want to make some user campaigns in the editor. The game is focussing on the advance of one Task Force (Task Force Thunder) which is represented by the third arrow from the bottom, effectively splitting the country from Iraq all the way through to Hims.

To answer the question posted above:

You only get one key if you pre-order, but as mentioned above, each key gives you two concurrent activations anyway.

Martin