Very Hard CMSF Decision -- I need your help!

I have a tough decision in front of me.

Should I:

1) Buy CMSF at earliest opportunity, and play it for all 9 days before I ship to Army BCT and AIT, thus damming myself to 6 months of misery while I dream of playing CMSF,

or

2) Don't buy CMSF until I return, thus damming myself to 6 months of misery while imagining playing CMSF for 6 months?

Opinions?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Somehow I think that in 1.5 weeks CMSF will be far from your mind. ;)

What's your MOS?

You may be right. :=) 38B, Civil Affairs, Reserve. It's going to be an interesting ride at 32...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Maybe grow up a little bit and concentrate on your career. Just an opinion.

Someone pee in your cheerios this morning?

I was just having a bit of fun at my expense.

Originally posted by sage2:

Opinions?

3) Run over to Canada, buy CMSF and be a happy camper! :cool:

Then I demand you to give an interview to TV reporters. I want to see the interviewer's face when you explain that you ran away from the Army to play a wargame.

Can't a man have careers and hobbies. I know when I'm not at work I sure as heck don't focus on my career all day :( .

When your in some lines of work a little escapism can be a really good thing you know.

//Salkin

Originally posted by Salkin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Can't a man have careers and hobbies. I know when I'm not at work I sure as heck don't focus on my career all day :( .

When your in some lines of work a little escapism can be a really good thing you know.

//Salkin </font>

Can't a man have careers and hobbies. I know when I'm not at work I sure as heck don't focus on my career all day .

Amen to that!!!!!

There seem to be plenty of active duty frequenting the board so the game and the career aren't mutually exclusive. But if you're not going to be able to touch the disk for awhile it might be a good idea to wait so that when you DO touch it it'll be the latest & greatest just out of the package. There's no telling what cool little features might show up in six months worth of patches/edits.

Screw waiting! Enjoy every minute you can. If you want to play then play. Hell alot of us here have serviced and enjoy killing time any chance we get. Don't deny yourself a simple pleasure now by thinking it'll be better later. Good luck. Thank you for your service.

Semper Fi

Michael Dorosh shut your negative pie hole you a$$ hat. Let the man pose his question without your bitter cra@.

Originally posted by sage2:

When you show up, be ready to lead. I did BCT as an older recruit, and tried to avoid that role at first since I was struggling with the PT, and I thought the kids would be better served by a peer leader.

Eventually, I decided to help make things happen. The drill sergeants have an incredibly difficult job; help them accomplish their tasks on time, and the quality of your experience will improve. You'll get to spend more time learning how to soldier rather than BS.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy BCT.

Not during his basic training. If he isn't thinking about his responsibilities to his platoon mates, he doesn't deserve to be there.

Oh, I imagine his DI will manage to keep him occupied.

Depending on where you go to AIT, you may have an option to play the game on your laptop after hours. (If you have a laptop)

Each instalation and AIT environment seems to be a bit different with various degrees fo freedom givent o the recruits.

One of my soldiers is in AIT right now at Ft. Jackson and they let him have a cell phone! I've also seen AIT solderis around Ft. Jackson on liberty playing games on laptops at Starbucks on the weekends.

Benning was nothing like that when I went through. On hold over AFTER graduating OSUT and waiting for jump school we weren't even allowed to go to the shopett.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

You now have a stalker Cpl Steiner! Please leave Mr. Dorsoh alone - it only encourages him to even longer posts ;)

Stalker? You can't swing a dead cat in this forum without hitting one of Steiner's posts, complaining about the improper buckles on the US tac vests or asking what the fuel consumption rate on the BMPs in game will be. One of the imperatives for a stalker is to be noticed, but even I can't keep up with Steiner's post rate in the CM:SF forum. I could reply to every one of his posts, and he wouldn't notice - he'd be off starting another thread about the advantages of white bread over Syrian cornmeal and whether or not it is properly modelled in the campaign. I'd do far better to follow around a nobody like you, Mel. At least you would notice when you were being stalked, right? ;)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

You actually went to the trouble of posting that! Get a life. </font>

As a practical matter MikeyD has it right. Wait. You're gonna be neck deep in alligators for a while and more than just a bit bushed at the end of the day. Please let me express my thanks for your service and wish you God's speed.