Very Hard CMSF Decision -- I need your help!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

There's lots of time to play during your service. Mostly with yourself, though.

Yeah, Finnish basic training is something else altogether. Stripping and assembling the Mark I Pick, Tooth, Soldiers, For the use of, can't take all that much time, ditto forward and backward action.

Basic training in Portugal ?

Well has i got my academic degree at the age of 23 after 6 years in university.

They declared me apt for service, asked me if i wanted to serve, i said yes. The problem is, the bloody army, navy and airforce in my country have more generals and admirals than ships and airplanes.

So its reserve for me, and service for all my highschool buddies that didn´t continued studies.

Its all about money... Cheap bastards...

Michael Dorosh you bring back bad memories of when I was posting on the military.com forums asking various questions about enlisting/going officer, etc... in the Army. I really don't get why, but for some reason, quite a few (I'm not saying all, a lot were plenty helpful) army vets that browse the web seem to enjoy pissing off guys who are about to go into the military. The assumption always seems to be that the interested person is a slothful bum who has no sense of pride, discipline, seflessness, etc... and who is just signing up on a whim to get some cash for college. This view is especially absurd in this case since the OP is a 32 year old man with a wife and kids and a career going. Meanwhile, you seem to be trying to depict him as a high school drop out. And please, do post what music you listen to if you're bashing the Clash (who are not my favorite mind you, but are hardly bad).

It really was bothersome just how often I was practically flamed for asking perfectly innocent questions. The recruiters would be furious if they knew what was going on :D

[ July 24, 2007, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: NoxSpartana ]

Originally posted by NoxSpartana:

Michael Dorosh you bring back bad memories of when I was posting on the military.com forums asking various questions about enlisting/going officer, etc... in the Army. I really don't get why, but for some reason, quite a few (I'm not saying all, a lot were plenty helpful) army vets that browse the web seem to enjoy pissing off guys who are about to go into the military. The assumption always seems to be that the interested person is a slothful bum who has no sense of pride, discipline, seflessness, etc... and who is just signing up on a whim to get some cash for college. This view is especially absurd in this case since the OP is a 32 year old man with a wife and kids and a career going. Meanwhile, you seem to be trying to depict him as a high school drop out. And please, do post what music you listen to if you're bashing the Clash (who are not my favorite mind you, but are hardly bad).

It really was bothersome just how often I was practically flamed for asking perfectly innocent questions. The recruiters would be furious if they knew what was going on :D

You bring back bad memories of my being a moderator at army.ca and having the Ritalin crowd come on and ask 100 questions about recruiting that would have been more easily answered by either a) doing a search or B) getting off their lazy sack and going down to talk to an actual recruiter. smile.gif It's good that some things never change, eh?

I think all concerned here will be glad when the 27th arrives. Well, except for sage, whose asshole will be sucking buttermilk, or whatever they do with them these days.

Wow, you really are an a$$hat, Dorosh, and perversely eager to prove it. You display every characteristic of the forum bully: You parade your "credentials" as though they give you moral, let alone intellectual, authority, you browbeat the OP as though your platitudes and unsolicited, overbearing "advice" are actually for his benefit rather than for your own self-glorification, you love the sound of your own voice and you do not know when to shut up. That moment passed when you posted your ill-advised and discourteous response to the OP so I'm fully confident that you'll go on now, as you have nothing to lose.

Originally posted by Bahger:

Wow, you really are an a$$hat, Dorosh, and perversely eager to prove it. You display every characteristic of the forum bully: You parade your "credentials" as though they give you moral, let alone intellectual, authority, you browbeat the OP as though your platitudes and unsolicited, overbearing "advice" are actually for his benefit rather than for your own self-glorification, you love the sound of your own voice and you do not know when to shut up. That moment passed when you posted your ill-advised and discourteous response to the OP so I'm fully confident that you'll go on now, as you have nothing to lose.

Prove it? Look Badger, or whatever your little name is, I'm giving you a four star engraved gold invitation to think I'm an asshat. I want you to not only pour your bitterness into this thread about what an asshat I am, I want you to nominate me for the Grand Master Asshat Hall of Fame, consider me for the Lifetime Achievement Award, and then write to your grandmommy to tell her about what a complete dick I was to you. Or if you like, give me her email address, and I'll explain it to her myself.

A forum search on "Mortal Enemy" will explain to you why. Personally, I doubt you'll amount to much, but you'll do until someone worthy comes along. Would you consider changing your screen name to WAFFEN-SS OBERGRUPPENSTRUMMBANNFURHRER(sic)? I'll Paypal you some nice bribe money.

Originally posted by Splinty:

Basic will suck, although it ain't what it used to be. But being in Civil Affairs, expect to be over here in Iraq or Afganistan within your first year of service.

Which won't necessarily cut into gaming time, to bring this back on topic. Seems to be NG Cavscout got some CM in during his tour in Iraq - PBEM, even. And he was out with the troops IIRC and not necessarily in a base job occupying a desk.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

Basic will suck, although it ain't what it used to be. But being in Civil Affairs, expect to be over here in Iraq or Afganistan within your first year of service.

Which won't necessarily cut into gaming time, to bring this back on topic. Seems to be NG Cavscout got some CM in during his tour in Iraq - PBEM, even. And he was out with the troops IIRC and not necessarily in a base job occupying a desk. </font>I was in the infantry (As I'm sure most already know) and while in Iraq/A-Stan I got in quite a lot of CM. And Rise of Nations. And Blackhawk Down. In fact 3/4 of the tent had laptops and in our free time between gaurd duty and patrols LAN parties were a good way to keep from getting bored. Laptops freakin rule. smile.gif

I love the Clash. No one should ever be ashamed of that. Joe Strummer (Charles rest his soul) was brilliant. Mick Jones kept the focus. Paul Simonon and Tooper Headon kept the beat. You punks have no idea what it was like to love a REAL rock band. When you get to your iPods and finally get a taste for the real thing you will wet your panties and cry to your mommys. How can you even THINK about a game like CMSF when you haven't even focused on knowing songs like "Whiteman in Hammersmith Palias" or "Stay Free" or "Clamptown". You scum will never make with this immature attitude. You fookin kids need to grow up and listen to someting that matters and put away your Kelly Clarkson and Justin Timberlake CDs.

I can't let this go. You people worry about a frickin war game and boot camp and I bet NONE of you know what it was like to sleep on the a street in line overnight night to be early in line for Clash tickets with only a half pint og Wild Turkey and 2 measly joints to last the whoel night. Heck, back in those days we didn't even have CDs...just scrathy well worn vinyl records...not like your candy ass MP3 players and hoity toity laptop computers.Basic training my ass. Try making out with a girl thathas THREE safety pins in her cheeks!!!!! Not so tough now are you militaryboys. And some of these chicks were fat too..but we didn't care..it was tough times and called for tough men. "Oh, they made us get up late and run while it was still dark". Crimminy, try a 3 day bender where the only color you saw was black mascara and Union Jack tee shirts.