Hate to say I told u so but.....

Originally posted by (fgm) falco:

Nuthin more to say really. Guess the chickens are coming home to roost now eh boys.....?

- falco.

But...

What if it's selling like hotcakes?

I don't know if there could be anyone more disappointed than me, falco, but let's be realistic: if it's selling well then where are the chickens roosting? ;)

-dale

[ August 14, 2007, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: dalem ]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that i'm having a ball playing CM:SF right now, even with the acknowledged issues. The fact that Battlefront is very active on this forum and admirably honest about the present state of play means this great game is just going to get better and better. A win win for everyone.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

FPS teenage crowd? You deduced that from those first screenshots back then? 1:1 represenation doesn't make an FPS, and if a teenager picked up CMSF expecting MOH or COD... You might want to work on your doom laden predictions.

Heh. Some of my best opponents for CMAK and CMSF are "FPS teenage crowd." It's a video game, and there's nothing about CMSF that keeps young people from learning it. And being good at it. An adult with a military background (say) may have an early advantage since he has a better idea about realistic ranges and weapon capabilities. But the kids figure that out pretty quickly...

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> The game hasn't even been out for a month yet

It hasn't even been out 3 weeks yet smile.gif I do think it is funny how eager some people are to see us fail. Oh well, can't please them all, so no point trying.

Steve [/QB]</font>

I think, as Steve has said before, the sales of CMx1 titles went down with each new title release.

The change of direction and engine is clearly about broadening the appeal of what was previously a niche product to a younger crowd who may be turned off something classed as a 'wargame'.

That's ok, fine if you like it. Personally, I think CM:SF is an ok computer game, but a mediocre wargame.

When, and only when LOS is not abstracted I might think about purchasing another Battlefront title.
All I can do is honestly advise you to start looking for a substitute.

Noted!

The choice, however, means you will never buy another Combat Mission game for a VERY long time because the LOS abstraction will remain for the life of the CMx2 engine.

Noted!

Originally posted by (fgm) falco:

Written by me in 2005....

" Anyway I'll say my piece now. This whole new CM/Strike Force thing will be a disaster. Battle'front' (yes, I got it right this time) are obviously going after the FPS teenage crowd who buy MOH & Call of Duty, either that or they ARE going after the US defence contracts. Either way they're ignoring their natural fan base and the result is going to be as predictable as it is sad. Like many other software developers in the past have done, they have come up with a first class product, in this case CMBO/BB/AK and then promptly forgotten what it is that made these games unique in the first place. Guys, wake up!...maybe you should consider why people like myself write (sometimes) passionate messages on this forum -- we LOVE these games dammit!!

Nuthin more to say really. Guess the chickens are coming home to roost now eh boys.....?

- falco.

My crystal-ball was working mighty fine in the run-up to CMSF. It said that there was a mob of CMx1 fans a block-long that were gonna slag this game, no matter what it looked like or how it played, simply because it wasn't an expansion of the older, turn-based nonsense. You guys certainly haven't disappointed the rest of us. Like I said, this was all very, very predictable. :cool:

PoE

Originally posted by Steiner14:

falco, congrats: you've started a topic without naming a single fact and received more replies than most useful threads...

Why isn't such fact-free whining of a disappointed woman locked down immediately?

now thats a reply full of facts lol and an eternal statement for freedom of speach. great values indeed something to pass on to the next generation

Considering that the original 2005 post was in response to the game's setting and the (slight) possibility that PBEM might not be included, I think the original was far from clever or prescient.

There are a lot of problems with the game by all accounts, but none of us suspected that two years ago.

The modern setting has brought in many new players, and many of the old WWII crowd are enjoying the game. PBEM is in, so what's the reason for the spam to show the original spam was not spam?

The title of this thread is misleading. I get the sense that the poster is reveling in what he perceives as a BFC failure.

This would be an example of a individual who appears to have been waiting in the tall grass for reasons of their own.

As an aside, with layered coop play this thing could be a contender as a tactical training tool for the military.

I read that self-referencing quote of yours and I must say recognized nothing in it that actually resembled the game I'm (happily) playing! Congratulations, you set yourself up to hate the product long before seeing it and you succeeded. Nice self-fulfilling prophecy you got there.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SKELLEN:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rollstoy:

What sand mod are you using? </font>