Hate to say I told u so but.....

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

There are no missing features in CM:SF as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I have a wish list of features that would take another 3 years to program, but guess what? This is pretty much the same wishlist I had from CMBO that wasn't fulfilled in CMBB or CMAK either :D

i am not having an "old customer syndrome". smile.gif i get it that CMx2 is a game of its own and i am not talking about "missing" CMx1 features. i have played CMx1 to death and i find it very refreshing that CMx2 is something a bit different from CMx1.

it just sometimes feels like CMx2 is missing some features that it should have. i'll give you an example of what kind of stuff i am talking about: TCP/IP mode.

i assume it is ment for realtime company level tactical wargaming, but i find it far too hard if not simply impossible to be used like that, because you have too much to control with the current feature set.

it might work if we had a pause feature. it might work if we had features that helped us get a better idea about the terrain. it might work if we had a coop mode. it might work if we had a feature that alerted us about spottings and such. it might work if TacAI had some more advanced features etc etc.

but at the moment i just find that it does not work "very well" for that kind of wargaming. i guess it might be intended to be used for platoon level battles or just for some relaxed realtime arcade fun. or perhaps realtime multiplayer is just a marginal bonus feature, and the game isn't really intended to be played in that mode. it's a bit confusing.

there are a number of other similar cases, where this otherwise amazing game fails to deliver to (what i imagine to be) its full potential, because there's some missing link in the feature set.

anyway, the game is really going to rock after you get it polished a bit. stuff like the death of borg is nothing but extremely impressive and i find the game is good fun even if i just simply fool around trying all kinds of stupid stuff. smile.gif

BTW are you still collecting military vehicles? FDF is selling Charioteers and Comets to civilian collectors.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic