Post here if you're superdigging CM:SF

emotdancehb9.gif

I've only played the Demo as I'm waiting for my Disc, but I'm getting a good feeling about this game.Much like CMBO when it first came out.

Stuff I like so far:

MK 19

Mortar explosions and airbursts

ATGMs

Soldier and Vehicle modeling

Ricochets

intuitive camera and movement commands

...and more to come I'm sure

My props to the developers.

My list reads similar:

+) Vehicle suspension animations

+) Mortars, explosions, smoke

+) Tracers bouncing off walls and the ground

+) The game speed and sense of scale

+) ATGMs

+) multi-floor buildings, destructible environments

Gripes:

-) Pathfinding

-) The pathetic AK sound (Can we get a tool for editing brz files please? Also, you gotta listen to how the "Insurgency" mod for HL2 sounds. That's fantastic!)

-) Camera control (not intuitive to me)

-) Entering buildings is quirky

+ clean tactical wargame, free from unnecessary gamey stuff

+ simulation depth

+ accurate representation of military hardware

+ overall feel of realism

+ unit detail and animations

+ environmental tactical variation (open/urban)

+ destructable environment

+ UI and camera controls (not kidding)

+ TacAI (still the best IMO)

+ integrated EDITOR (love it)

- some sounds lack punching power

- repetitive voices can get annoying

- minor AI issues (no AI is perfect)

EDIT:

- too much whining in the forum (my first impression included)

+ BFC is the devs :D

[ July 30, 2007, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: jogr ]

I think the game is awsome but has some flaws.

+ Gameplay

+ Graphics

+ All nice units

+ Airburst... gonna love the shrapnel

+ Scenarios

+ MK19

+ BFC listen to the players

+ RT game mode, so fun in small battles

- Performance

- Sound, dont know where and how you have got some of the sounds, it just lacks the REAL feel

- The bugs, dualcore =(

- No WEGO in MP, Why Why Why ?

Other than the terrible camera and a lack of statistics for my units (kill numbers etc...), CM2 is all I had hoped for.

Simply put.

But like some others, I hadn't hoped for a perfect game. I only hoped for the best and most realistic real-time tactical wargame to date.

And I got it.

So I'm happy.

Enjoying it so far. Many positives. Still having a few issues with the UI, but as far as I am concerned that's my job to learn how to use it. The TacAI for my own units occasionally does surprising things, but it's also my job to learn how to issue the orders to the units to make them do what I want.

I'm sure there will be issues with the AI and UI that need improving over time (or which they didn't have time to deal with in advance), but actually playing the game was fun, and entirely unlike what I'd expect if I'd just read these forums first (in fact, reading a selection of threads here almost makes me wonder if I wasn't actually playing a different game, or am failing to remember how awful it was or something, 'cos I enjoyed it...)

Immersion factor=WOW

Love it, despite the initial problems. This will be something enormously good soon and in the future. I have been totally uninterested i modern warfare, this game changes it. I´m so extremely grateful that there is a games developer that think the way BFC does. I recognize the the work of crafters that actually care about the result and their customers. It feels a bit sad that some people whine and goes on about things that will always be a question of personal taste. I think a little bit more humility could be apropriate, perhaps.¨

Regards

Gurra

I think the game sounds mostly have the 'fault' of, for the most part, being recordings of the real thing! smile.gif We've been spoiled by a diet of way too many super-fake Bruce Willis action movies. Alternately, real world users might be disappointed because they don't feel the true 'slap' of a weapon report. One of the Beta guys had manned a recoilless rifle while in the military. Its hard in a computer game to recreate the feeling of being physically 'punched' by a rccl gun blast!

I am still absorbing the game, but I am very impressed so far, it is much better than even I had hoped. Some of the things I like so far are:

-relative spotting: "Borg Spotting" is dead. The best way to see it is in the tank battle scenario (I forget the name);

-elite FOV: getting closer to simulating real battlefield conditions;

-air&artillery modeling: much more options than before;

-new map editor: much more options than before;

-1:1 representation: I thought this would be a gimmick and some things could be improved, but it is alot more immersive than the CMx1 stick figures;

-graphics are much improved, certainly not FPS quality, but light years ahead of CMx1;

On the minus side, there are some stability issues, especially with dual-cores, but that is to be expected with a brand new game.

p.s.- by the way, as anyone noticed that some of the american voices and the backgound environmental noise is recycled from CMAK?

This game is consuming my life.

I basically spent all Saturday and Sunday playing... must remember to eat...seriously..didn't eat anything till 4pm.

Oddly enough, I am liking the RT version. Haven't played Wego since day 1 now.

I read the rant rave piss and moan threads for a few laughs.

Wah wah waaaaah.

I've been enjoying the hell out of this game. Well worth the money. It may be missing a few bells and whistles that I would like (random maps, individual unit picking for QBs), but the core engine is top notch, in my opinion. After re-unlearning a few things, I find the interface quite nice.

CMSF is everything i expected, altough some features are still under construction. I have 100% trust in Battlefront for finishing their products so this is no big deal.

Just work around the (small) issues and get better, because when i get my hands on you theres going to be some major spanking.. ;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I think the game sounds mostly have the 'fault' of, for the most part, being recordings of the real thing! smile.gif We've been spoiled by a diet of way too many super-fake Bruce Willis action movies. Alternately, real world users might be disappointed because they don't feel the true 'slap' of a weapon report. One of the Beta guys had manned a recoilless rifle while in the military. Its hard in a computer game to recreate the feeling of being physically 'punched' by a rccl gun blast!

Or having all the mucus sucked out of your face by same.

I have only tried the demo version. First I had few performance issues but now I have fixed them all and it runs very smoothly with my not quite new rig.

I was very skeptical about the new real-time oriented gameplay but it seems to suite quite well for modern combat. I had no need to click everything frantically, the think why I usually hate RT games. Just applied few pause commands to get units to work in proper cohesion and no clickfest needed. Actually I haven't even tried WeGo yet. Quite weird. I've played other Combat Missions and liked them too.

Oh yes, relative spotting is really great feature.

I am really enjoying CM:SF. I like the realistic feel to it in that you need to advance slowly and methodicaly with troops and vehicles supporting each other. One hasty order and you will probally have dead soldiers. It feels like the real deal or as real as I can imagine it fram watching video footage from Iraq. Good stuff and it will only get better!