Update on v1.03 status

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the thread (sorry for missing it before!) and I really don't know what to suggest. We haven't done anything specifically to fix this because it looks like only two people have this problem after using one or another fix. There is one thing, though, that might help. When you get v1.03 change the Priority to "Normal" instead of the default "High". This is in the Options screen.

Steve

A few questions :

"* Changes to the way terrain is drawn to offer better look and speed options, depending on settings"

Does this mean the user can have a better LOD option?

If so, it sounds great.

Among the small issues fixed in 1.03, is the pausing issue (that is pausing order on waypoint that isn't followed) solved?

I'm really thankful for every issue resolved with 1.03, but that Syrian Tanks HE firing problem, the missing Tac AI self preservation and the very sparse automatic engaging of known threats are really nerve wrecking too ....... do we have to wait for these issues to be solved ?

Great to hear that show all moves is in !!

And how about show all target lines/show target line if units automatically engage enemy ? Possible ?

Originally posted by wolf66:

I'm really thankful for every issue resolved with 1.03, but that Syrian Tanks HE firing problem, the missing Tac AI self preservation and the very sparse automatic engaging of known threats are really nerve wrecking too ....... do we have to wait for these issues to be solved ?

In fact, TacAI self preservation has been improved in 1.02. The units react to incoming fire but too slowly, still. ;)

Originally posted by Darkmath:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wolf66:

In fact, TacAI self preservation has been improved in 1.02. The units react to incoming fire but too slowly, still. ;) </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

--snip--

Other Means,

Er... what specifically do you mean?

Steve

Steve, I still have to set the Affinity to one or the other processor when the game is running, otherwise it does strange re-draws all the time.

I've got this chip:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=4MM7

and this Vid card:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=4FNQ

This mobo:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=451B

And this RAM (just for completeness):

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=4KZC

Running XPsp2.

Hi,

“I’m really convinced that we have a gem in this game engine and the game breakers are ironed out as days go by.”

Exactly…could not agree more smile.gif .

Do sympathize with those who seem to dislike the CMX2 engine in that their hobby has taken a big knock, but I do not “understand their dislike of the engine”.

When it comes to RT which some seem to dislike so much… when playing the computer just use Pause as often as you wish, every 30 seconds it you want. When it comes to RT in live human v human play Steve has said some form of Pause/Timeout feature will be added. Anyway…each to their own ;) .

I got my hard copy of the manual today… Wow… this game has depth… once the bugs are gone and not hitting people in the face anymore they will come to notice the huge improvements in CMX2 over CMX1.

All great stuff,

All the best,

Kip.

Some quick responses.

1. There is a reason the Syrian vehicles fire HE when they do... it's because their limited quantity armor piercing stuff doesn't have a chance of penetrating, so HE is actually the better thing to shoot. It is more plentiful and has a better chance of a mobility kill, turret jam, sensor kill, etc. In effect, the HE firing thing is not a bug, it is the better thing for the vehicles to be doing.

Having said that, there is a case to make that the poor training and heat of the battle would make them fire AP instead of HE. The result will be less effective results, not greater. So be careful for what you wish for :D

2. TacAI stuff has been tweaked and a fix or two made. I can't say for sure what the end result will be compared to v1.02, however we exepct to be tweaking the TacAI for the next TWO YEARS :D

3. Charles is migrating the code over to a dual processor computer this week and hopefully he will be able to make the code a lot happier with multi-processors. This means v1.04 should be the one to solve a host of niggly issues that some people, like Other Means, have to manually work around.

4. Artillery adjustment is one of those things that is now fixed which wasn't specifically mentioned in my opening post.

Steve

Doesn't the AT11 have a chance on an M1? I have rarely (VERY) seen this fired.

btw, I have not seen low or high experience troops fire an AT round at an M1.

Is it stated as SOP that you fire HE at an M1. I would think if that was the case crews, no matter the experience would flooring it in reverse for some kind of cover.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Some quick responses.

1. There is a reason the Syrian vehicles fire HE when they do... it's because their limited quantity armor piercing stuff doesn't have a chance of penetrating, so HE is actually the better thing to shoot. It is more plentiful and has a better chance of a mobility kill, turret jam, sensor kill, etc. In effect, the HE firing thing is not a bug, it is the better thing for the vehicles to be doing.

Having said that, there is a case to make that the poor training and heat of the battle would make them fire AP instead of HE. The result will be less effective results, not greater. So be careful for what you wish for :D

Steve

Sorry Steve, but that doesn't cut it, because I did, like someone here suggested in another thread, get rid of all the HE for the Syrian tanks in "Allahs Fist" in the first turns with area fire and so they only had the AP ammo left - when the M1s came, my Syrian tanks did way better than in the first tries when they fired their ammo ..... I'm sorry but this behaviour just kills any scenarios with tanks on the syrian side when up against M1s .....

Originally posted by wolf66:

... I'm sorry but this behaviour just kills any scenarios with tanks on the syrian side when up against M1s ...

I have completed this scenario in my second attempt playing as Syrian with a total victory, all US vehicels destroyed, and with difficulty set to elite. With all respect, but I think the problem is on your side.