Where's that Announcement?(CMx2 Screenshot Inside)

MeatEtr

Ok, time for me to look like an impatient jackass, but here goes nothing. tongue.gif

Posted on Aug.25th:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We plan on announcing the subject matter for the 1st and 2nd CMx2 games in a few weeks. Screen shots and other visual materials will accompany the announcement.

I know it's only been just over 2 weeks now. But can't the subject matter for the 1st and 2nd CMx2 games be revealed. Since we all know that's already been decided awhile back and that gathering together the screenies(visual materials) is whats holding the announcement up. I'm willing to wait, as im sure others are too, a week or two for the extra screenies and stuff.

C,mon already, spill the beans. :D

[ September 19, 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the original idea by BFC was to withhold any info on the theatre and such, so people wouldn't nitpick about details straight away.

Judging by all the threads and the amount of info they've received, I think they should have enough general info now, and will announce the goodness sometime soon.

At least, I hope so tongue.gif

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Ok, time for me to look like an impatient jackass, but here goes nothing. tongue.gif

Posted on Aug.25th:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

We plan on announcing the subject matter for the 1st and 2nd CMx2 games in a few weeks. Screen shots and other visual materials will accompany the announcement.

I know it's only been just over 2 weeks now. But can't the subject matter for the 1st and 2nd CMx2 games be revealed. Since we all know that's already been decided awhile back and that gathering together the screenies(visual materials) is whats holding the announcement up. I'm willing to wait, as im sure others are too, a week or two for the extra screenies and stuff.

C,mon already, spill the beans. :D </font>

Catch 22
That's a bit freaky! Last night I had a dream that I met Alan Arkin (of all people!) in some sort of casual social setting. I told him how much I liked his acting style and thought that his role in Catch-22 was magnificent. Odd dream for sure, but I don't have any control over that. If I did, I'd have a couple dreams a night with hot Russian and Ukrainian tennis stars. Er... in a casual social setting, that is :D

Steve

Regarding screenshots: what do you guys really expect?

I just browsed through some homepages of current WW2 related games (WW II RTS, Officers, Blitzkrieg, Codename: Panzers, ...) just to make sure what my impression was from the beginning: graphically, all has been said and done with respect to a wargame setting!

It just is not possible any more to (a) distinguish games from each other graphically (B) for me to find room for improvement in the latest games' screenshots. Dense grass (unmodded), perfect shadows, huge particle explosions ... what do you want? All there already!

If you want to marvel at great screenshots, go to the "Officers" homepage. Some stuff there is truly amazing, like a building on fire in various stages or their shadow shots.

No one can improve game graphics beyond photo-realism, and I believe we have reached that stage already.

*If* BFC wants to improve their engine *beyond* what already exists on the market (like: individual leaves throwing shadows on objects, for example, in numerous games now) they should pay a lot of attention to the proper handling of smoke and dust IMHO, because those seem very important for the game's "atmosphere"!

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: And shockwaves should go a long way, also! ;)