Who here still plays either CMBO, CMBB or CMAK?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope just my guess. smile.gif

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Well I am refering to distance of the shell tracking, it will take longer to load- reload so each unit will have a slower rof. Spotting will be most likely be scaled down a touch. Artillery will be less accurate...... so maybe more units can be on the field at the same time.

Ah, OK, has BFC mentioned or even confirmed that? </font>

I still have CMBB and CMAK PBEM games going, and frankly spend far more time on CM1 than I do on CMSF. The new "improved" engine of CMSF just does not allow me to have the larger battles I prefer, and the PBEM files on CMSF are so large, (I guess due to the new improved engine).

Long time since I posted here..

I can't get my head around the modern weapon systems in CM:SF and can't get motivated enough to try harder..

I have never stopped playing CMAK in particular and actually started a CMBO PBEM game today, fully modded it still looks really good. I've dusted off all the old hard copies of JasonC's excellent tactical posts I made a few years ago and I'm raring to go :D

I have 7 CMX1 PBEM games going on at the moment, and 1 CMSF. In terms of enjoyment that's about the right ratio for me.

I plan to get another CMSF PBEM going when I have more time, but the larger file sizes mean there is much more downtime waiting for files to dl and load up.

CMX1 still kicks butt.

Originally posted by Michael Withstand:

I just did a QB in CMBB as the german pure armor Vs the Russians pure armor.

My 2 Elefants eats up everything the Russians throw at them at 1500m. LOL.

Reminds me of most embarrassing QB vs AI I have ever had. I bought few Ferdinands/Elephants..and forgot I had set computer to Random unit type. Computer bought something like Soviet Engineer battaillon.... :eek: :D

You can guess the rest... :D It was like ants eating an elephant... :D

I still play CMBB and CMAK. All I have experienced of CMSF is the current demo. I would rahter wait till some of the kinks and additions are made to. From the demo's I played so far it just hasn't grabed me enough to want to buy. I miss some of the good things from CMBB/CMAK that should be implemented such as:

Adjustable waypoints

Camera views from the lower fixed number positions. I use postion 1-3 much in CMx1 and wish I could still see the uni1t selected in those position in CMSF. These camera positions were much better in CMx1.

Being in some kind of difinitive terrain such as woods, rough, ect.. In the demo I feel like there is no cover but houses and trenches. Feels like nothing but open ground in CMSF. Call it "gamey" if you will but to me having different terrains made it more fun and strategic.

I found the current covering arc command graphicly to be way over powering. Bring back the orange lines with the controls of how Crtl. and Shift buttons worked way to set a max 180 degree. This is quicker than having to click two points. I almost always set my arcs with Ctrl+ or Shift+ in Cmx1.

I liked the qaulities and icon system of the officers better in CMx1. Perhaps "gamey" but I think it adds to the fun and strategey. I like my realism, but I still like some "gamey" elements that make it a fun game.

Still waiting to check out the next demo, till then i am content with CMx1

CMBB is one of my all-time favourite games. With exception of the Civ family of games, I haven't played any other game as long as this one. Unfortunately (!), my new computer has the Vista 64 bit operating system and I can't get CMBB to load on it but it still works on my laptop with XP and I play it once a week. I like CMBB SO much that I was briefly tempted to change operating systems but I really like Vista.

CMSF is WAY superior in almost every respect except perhaps the astonishing variety of forces available to the player in CMBB. Play as Germans, Finns, Rumanians etc with all their equipment. AWESOME. CMSF is a bit restricted in that respect.