Peng in the New Year, with a Bacchanalian Challenge to Party Like it's 1999!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I’m back and my eye hurts like hell…

No, no, no... not from reading up all the awful 'posts to the pool' I'd missed or wading through all the Christmas junk you lot have left in my inbox nor even from the sight of the most piss poor SSN’s yet encountered (Dear Peng one of ‘em was Lancashire as well… top Dorito place Lancashire is… still, wild horses couldn’t drag me back to the feckhole especially now I know an SSN like that inhabits the place)… no the reason is I’ve got a roight annoying case of pinkeye or sumfink.

Which makes this the second childhood infection that I’ve picked up this year… I expect the Measles any time soon… Measles and turns actually.

Why I expect turns from you lot I’ll never know

Originally posted by Speedy:

No shorts for me tomorrow. I'm on nightshift so I will be sprawled on the bed starkers with fan going full bore and me hoping it doesn't fall off the roof and land on me dangly bits.

This is just not the image I needed with my morning coffee.

If you are worried about Global warming you should spend a winter where I live. Just up the hill there is snowboarding on an 81" base with 24 more inches expected tonight and tomorrow. Yesterday, before the coming snowfall, we drove up to take a winter look at Davis Lake (my favorite nearby Bass Lake) and could not get closer then 5 miles to its shores. However the state had plowed one lane of the two-lane highway to enable the cross-country skiers. One just had to drive slow and have four-wheel drive when encountering oncoming traffic. For Christmas I received a very nice book titled “Fishing Oregon”. One of the chapters covered central Oregon and commented on how some of the deeper lakes, formed in volcanic calderas, still held land-locked Atlantic salmon left over from the last retreating Ice Age. The lakes of note are the East Lakes that lie in The Paullina calderas, which are located directly across the highway from our home. What a truly beautiful place to live.

Happy Holidays to one and all!

Originally posted by Abbott:

If you are worried about Global warming you should spend a winter where I live. Just up the hill there is snowboarding on an 81" base with 24 more inches expected tonight and tomorrow. Yesterday, before the coming snowfall, we drove up to take a winter look at Davis Lake (my favorite nearby Bass Lake) and could not get closer then 5 miles to its shores. However the state had plowed one lane of the two-lane highway to enable the cross-country skiers. One just had to drive slow and have four-wheel drive when encountering oncoming traffic. For Christmas I received a very nice book titled “Fishing Oregon”. One of the chapters covered central Oregon and commented on how some of the deeper lakes, formed in volcanic calderas, still held land-locked Atlantic salmon left over from the last retreating Ice Age. The lakes of note are the East Lakes that lie in The Paullina calderas, which are located directly across the highway from our home. What a truly beautiful place to live.

Happy Holidays to one and all!

What the hell is this ... a freaking travelogue?

If you can't have the common courtesy to tell us about BAD things that are happening to you there's no need to post ANYTHING. I'm sure there are any number of Pollyanna boards that would welcome your cheerful prattle, but WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

Joe

p.s. Furthermore I think you're full of ****e, Atlantic Salmon indeed ...

p.s. Furthermore I think you're full of ****e, Atlantic Salmon indeed ...
LOL! Actually it is kokanee salmon but I could not resist! Paullina also has some nice german brown trout. The state record was caught there in 1993 at 27 pounds 12 ounces.

And I am a cheery guy and cannot think of anything I am upset or pissed off about. I hope you have a dog gone wonderful day Joe and a very cheery New Year!

Originally posted by Lars:

Hey Joe, he did say there's a caldera across the street.

We have to only sit and wait. Abbot will make a nice sunset someday.

The bastiche will probably be atomized and I'LL have to shovel him off my driveway ... that's just WRONG.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Hey Joe, he did say there's a caldera across the street.

We have to only sit and wait. Abbot will make a nice sunset someday.

The bastiche will probably be atomized and I'LL have to shovel him off my driveway ... that's just WRONG.</font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Nah... he's far too dense to stay airborne.

No doubt true, but a volcanic eruption will sometimes blow ash tens of thousands of feet into the air, and a strong prevailing wind could get it to Joe's place (sounds like a greasy spoon, doesn't it?) easily.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

No doubt true, but a volcanic eruption will sometimes blow ash tens of thousands of feet into the air, and a strong prevailing wind could get it to Joe's place (sounds like a greasy spoon, doesn't it?) easily.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>