Peng in the New Year, with a Bacchanalian Challenge to Party Like it's 1999!

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Castlemaine XXXX might be preferable

No, no, no.... Castlemaine XXXX will never be preferable... that stuff is evil in a bottle!

From yesterday's Brisbane Courier Mail:

"Brisbane has narrowly missed out on becoming a town with no beer as the heatwave fuels an insatiable thirst for XXXX Gold.

Alarm bells rang earlier this week when stocks of the popular beer plummeted to less than 10%.

XXXX put out an SOS, recalling its brewers from holidays and has been working around the clock to meet demand."

This is the depths to which my country has fallen...slaves to god-awful, chemically enhanced river water....no wonder I am so anxious to be on my travels....

I blame the conspiracy theorists....

of course! The newspaper article is a CIA plant, encouraging the good folks to drink XXXX, which in actual fact contains mind controlling Alien DNA created by black ops teams direct from area 51 in cahoots with the Philedelphia experiment guys! Proven by the fact that a stubbie of XXXX mysteriously disappears when placed in the hands of a white trash Aussie...

I'm getting Kettler on the phone! (My sub-space shoe phone of course, you never know who's listening)...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it....always quick to blame the Americans for everything. If it wasn't for us you guys wouldn't know what beer is.

I have it on good authority that US Marines stationed in Australia during WWII, not only introduced beer to the continent, but started the Australian Baby Boomer Generation 5 years before the first baby boomer was born in the U.S.

Bollocks to you Nidan, see the tinnie below?

See how it says 'Est 1878'?

Not too many Marines here in 1878, 'cept'in of course ones in Red coats....

hm_can.jpg

I assume of course that you have a conspiracy theory that XXXX Bitter are working a coalition of evil alongside Joe Xia, changing the date stamps on beer cans to disprove your US Marine theory?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I have it on good authority that US Marines stationed in Australia during WWII, not only introduced beer to the continent

What you lot introduced us to in WW2 was BAD beer, but we got our revenge by foisting Fosters on you lot.

And I'll have you know most of our major brewerys were established in the 1800s.

btw who introduced Beer to us Aussies? It's always been here for us:

Australian beer history starts very early in Australia's colonial history, with the discoverer of Australia's eastern shores in fact.

On 1 August 1768 as Captain Cook was fitting out the Endeavour for its voyage to Australia, Nathaniel Hulme wrote to Joseph Banks recommending that he take "a quantity of Molasses and Turpentine, in order to brew Beer with, for your daily drink, when your Water becomes bad. … Brewing Beer at sea will be peculiarly useful in case you should have stinking water on board; for I find by Experience that the smell of stinking water will be entirely destroyed by the process of fermentation."

*pokes out tongue*

Originally posted by Stuka:

Bollocks to you Nidan, see the tinnie below?

See how it says 'Est 1878'?

Not too many Marines here in 1878, 'cept'in of course ones in Red coats....

hm_can.jpg

I assume of course that you have a conspiracy theory that XXXX Bitter are working a coalition of evil alongside Joe Xia, changing the date stamps on beer cans to disprove your US Marine theory?

Ha....believe what you want, but I know that US Marines were in Australia...and captured by aliens who brought them BACKWARDS IN TIME to the 1870's, where the ever resourceful Marines reverse engineered the alien beer brewing system.

Then they brought the beer BACK TO 1942!, captured Guadalcanal and Betio and then went back to Australia and released the beer on the unsuspecting Aussies, who then worshipped the Marines as gods, because their own men were off fighting in North Africa.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

...send the bloody turn back New Year has come and gone to the UK.

It has... I had plans you know... they all fell through... and now I'm playing CMAK with an imbecile of a Nu-Yoika... great day's even if they are the last days

Originally posted by Mace:

On 1 August 1768 as Captain Cook was fitting out the Endeavour for its voyage to Australia, Nathaniel Hulme wrote to Joseph Banks recommending that he take "a quantity of Molasses and Turpentine, in order to brew Beer"

Aussies have been drinking beer made out of molasses and turpentine since 1768???

Wow, does that EVER explain a lot!

BTW, Happy Nude Rear to you all.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I hear the fireworks going off downtown. That means that it's OFFICIALLY the New Year.

You all have my permission to GIT STOOFED!!!

Nah that was an artillery barrage called on your house by the State National Guard.

They need to work on FO a bit more.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

[qb] I have it on good authority that US Marines stationed in Australia during WWII, not only introduced beer to the continent

What you lot introduced us to in WW2 was BAD beer, but we got our revenge by foisting Fosters on you lot.</font>

I think you are getting your information from John Kettler...

Unless you are referring to Aboriginal folk finding your keg of bud on the Queensland shore, I fear it may have lain on that beach for some 65 years, seeing as the first white settlement in Queensland on the Brisbane River was in 1824.

So obviously it was in fact US Marines, time travelled back from 1942 who found the bud light and, being 'merkins and all, got smashed out of their skulls on a mere cupful, hence the story started that this mysterious keg was full of anything other than typical 'merkin swill.

*sigh*

If you weren't such a complete imbecile you might have noted that nothing was said about Bud or Bud Lite or anything from that infernal brewery.

Secondly, it might have occurred to you that the date was merely a typo and that what was intended was '1859'.

But that would have required a still-living brain cell to be functioning in that vast, empty echo chamber of a cranium of yours.

Michael