Things Peng and I have challenged about

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

Just about when the warranty goes. Man, I really admire good engineering like that. Brings a smile to me heart to when you screw someone on a schedule.

[serious]

Thanks for the tip Lars .

I worked for Case Equipment operating what most people know as Bobcat’s. I was in charge of (graveyard shift) in their Experimental Shop. My crew ran the equipment all night long 7 days per week as did day and swing shifts. When the equipment broke we repaired it and documented how many hours and under what the conditions were for each part that gave up. So the Engineering Shop could design/re-design the parts. Their goal was for the parts to last just a few hours/days longer then their warranty on new equipment did.

[/serious]

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I'll bet you guys give those plaque mounted, battery operated singing fish as gifts to your closest friends, don't you?

Nah, but I am looking for a gift for one of my son's birthday's next month. I am thinking of a folding pocketknife. I carry a SPYDERCO Endura VG-10. I am thinking of getting him something comparable. The last good present I received was a pair of Bushnell 2.5 X 42 night vision glasses.

[ March 06, 2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Just about when the warranty goes. Man, I really admire good engineering like that. Brings a smile to me heart to when you screw someone on a schedule.

[serious]

Thanks for the tip Lars .

I worked for Case Equipment operating what most people know as Bobcat’s. I was in charge of (graveyard shift) in their Experimental Shop. My crew ran the equipment all night long 7 days per week as did day and swing shifts. When the equipment broke we repaired it and documented how many hours and under what the conditions were for each part that gave up. So the Engineering Shop could design/re-design the parts. Their goal was for the parts to last just a few hours/days longer then their warranty on new equipment did.

[/serious] </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

There's nothing SERIOUS about BASS BOATS! SERIOUS is for ... well, SERIOUS stuff like war and peace, feast and famine, good and evil. Not BASS BOATS!

We'll see if you think there's anything serious about bass boats when you've gone through the plywood flooring and are standing in the bilges.

Hmm, I kinda like that image. When you coming up to go on the pontoon boat again?

{for the lubberly amongst you, there's no bilges on a pontoon boat…}

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I'll bet you guys give those plaque mounted, battery operated singing fish as gifts to your closest friends, don't you?

Nah, but I am looking for a gift for one of my son's birthday's next month. I am thinking of a folding pocketknife. I carry a SPYDERCO Endura VG-10. I am thinking of getting him something comparable. The last good present I received was a pair of Bushnell 2.5 X 42 night vision glasses. </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

What's with all the holes?

The design eliminates unecessary weight without effecting the strength of the knife.

It'll quickly go right in and fillet one of your kidneys.....while your standing there with that usual dumb expression waiting for the pain to kick in....and it will.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

I blame 37. He should, as self-proclaimed messiah, do some pennance for this. I think oh, mess-iah, that you should be forced below your station and challenge the new tim to a set-up designed by PShaw!. Joe? You have a nice setup for our new tim ain't ya? I'm sure you have something special for the bushytailed new arrival eh? Be a good Justicar and fetch a nice setup for the lad. Punishment detail for 37 and a nice shiny start for the lackwit from North Mexico.

No, no, no, no, and a bloody nay!

There are some depths that even I won’t sink too… probably

Besides what’s in it for me?… And another besides ‘what’s it to do wiv me?’ … Oh and for the triple beside I should mention that the daft brush ain’t shown up again.

Poor show Peng, Poor show

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

What's with all the holes?

The design eliminates unecessary weight without effecting the strength of the knife.

It'll quickly go right in and fillet one of your kidneys.....while your standing there with that usual dumb expression waiting for the pain to kick in....and it will. </font>

Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Oooooh! I am soooo jealous of your new sig.

I suppose I could have used "I am starting to think that Noba is a pretty good guy"

But that would be just plain silly. </font>

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

I blame 37. He should, as self-proclaimed messiah, do some pennance for this. I think oh, mess-iah, that you should be forced below your station and challenge the new tim to a set-up designed by PShaw!. Joe? You have a nice setup for our new tim ain't ya? I'm sure you have something special for the bushytailed new arrival eh? Be a good Justicar and fetch a nice setup for the lad. Punishment detail for 37 and a nice shiny start for the lackwit from North Mexico.

No, no, no, no, and a bloody nay!

There are some depths that even I won’t sink too… probably

Besides what’s in it for me?… And another besides ‘what’s it to do wiv me?’ … Oh and for the triple beside I should mention that the daft brush ain’t shown up again.

Poor show Peng, Poor show </font>