Things Peng and I have challenged about

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Sigh... I know, I just know, that I’m going to regret this but here goes.

Oh Joe, why should I not cross the bow of the Mikasa at close range?

Wait, I know this one...

To get to the other side!

Eh? Eh??

And if Stoat, surfaces to give battle to this 23Skidoo fellow without returning a file to me, I shall be sorely vexed and Lillian Wroth in my extremities!

In other news, the battle between that rank ankle biter, Shandorf and I mercifully drew to a close.

I was able to wrest 3 of the 5 flags from him giving me a slight edge in the draw that occurred.

It was a CMBB match between two goober nations. I have no idea who they were... they both had multi-colored flags and both his tanks and my tanks had little crosses on them and even though I was allegedly the Allies, my tanks looked remarkably like IFH's.

Personally, I think Shandorf hacked into the game and made the whole thing up out of bits and pieces, the swine!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by timu24:

Okay now on topic. Accually Sir 37mm there are 23 timu's lurking on this website. Constantly searching for victims.

Look son you’re not impressing me & if you’ ain’t impressing me you ain’t impressing anyone!

At the last count I have 36 squires and none of ‘em are worth a dime (I have, by the way, no idea of what a dime's worth is... I mean what's the worth of some kind of pass defence formation?) but I'll tell you sumfink.

All of ‘em, and I mean every single bloody useless one of 'em, shows me the proper respect I'm due and bolds by Pengdamn frigging name!

PS

What the feck is MN?

Three pages is all that matters.

Ah a Skidoo. GREAT IDEA Boo Radley. The sand in Syria and Iraq would work just like the snow in Minnesota. This idea is much greater than my stupid camel idea. Think how fast the troops could go on those things! One hundered miles per hour easy! Those damn insugents would have a hard time hitting the troops with RPGs and small arms fire. IEDs shouldn't be a problem either. You would be able to blow by the bomb before they could detonate it. I am sure it would be much safer than those slow Hummers. The only downside is you would have to buy a lot of them since only two guy could fit on one at a time. Radley YOUR THE BEST. AMERICA THANKS YOU.

Tim

It is a region of land in the Northern United States. Think of it like Siberia except people voluntary live in this region called MN. Most people who are born here believe they can not leave (I was born in TX and don't carry this notion). However the goverment makes travel difficult by planning construction projects on the roadways during our 1 month summer. We are allowed one airport. The government also messes around with this transportation system. The mechanics and pilots both are on strike. Therefore we are stuck in this desolate region praying for a savior. Before they take away the internet from us poor people please warn the others. Especially warn the people to the north in CN. They have it much worse. One of them has even moved into a friends house for a year. They do not understand that it is not much better here. Sorry for the long reply but I had to warn as many people as possible. DO NOT visit MN. You might not make it back out.

Tim

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

One of my first forays into miniatures was with Russo-Japanese Naval ... advance tip, don't cross the "T" of the bow of the Mikasa at close range ... ask me how I know.

Sigh... I know, I just know, that I’m going to regret this but here goes.

Oh Joe, why should I not cross the bow of the Mikasa at close range?

Shirley the chance of totally smashing up the buggar with a full broadside is worth anything it could do in return? </font>

SSgt Viljuri,

Haven't you seen Star Wars? They do stuff like that with those weird snowmobile like things. I am sure it is possible.

Tim

Timorous 24 ... QUALITY lad, not quantity will win you praise here ... if any is to be had.

Try to find some wit, some charm, some intellect. Amuse us lad, with your quips, your erudition, your clever word play or, in the time honored words of the CessPool ... SOD OFF!.

Oh my, I do hope I wasn't too off-putting. We wouldn't want the lad to think we weren't the welcoming sort here.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Unfortunately, the Mikasa had four underwater torpedo tubes, one on each side, one aft and one ... well, you get the idea.

Hmm you must’ve sunk pretty damn quickly… let me guess a Borodino class Battleship?

Try to find some wit, some charm, some intellect. Amuse us lad, with your quips, your erudition, your clever word play... SOD OFF!.

Joe

In other words, read Joe's posts.

Attempt to comprehend the nuances, both subtle and broad contained within.

Become one with the writings of our Justicar.

And then...

Do a 180.

Unfortunately, the Mikasa had four underwater torpedo tubes, one on each side, one aft and one ... well, you get the idea.

Hmm you must’ve sunk pretty damn quickly… let me guess a Borodino class Battleship? </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Try to find some wit, some charm, some intellect. Amuse us lad, with your quips, your erudition, your clever word play... SOD OFF!.

Joe

And then...

Do a 180. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Joe

And then...

Do a 180. </font>

I just came home from the Oregon Western Outdoors show and after a nice long nap I thought I would mention it to you gents. Hunting gear, fishing gear, archery, boats, motor homes, camp trailers, 4-wheelers and much, much more were all there in abundance. A camp-cooking exhibition also drew quite a crowd and beans, bread and beef were the mainstays along with fish and wild game.

I looked over this years Bass Tracker boat models and liked what I saw, they were nice and shiny and priced right, fairly reasonable actually for what you get. So reasonable in fact I came away thinking I could purchase a used boat this coming year and be perfectly content. I think a wide beam, v-bottomed boat would suit me and the grandkids just fine. They would offer a bit of inside depth (high walls) for them to feel safe out on the lakes and the wide-beam offers a fairly smooth rough water ride. About an 17-footer looked well enough to suit our needs.

A couple from Montana had brought a grizzly bear with them, he was munching on what looked to be a cow pelvis in an iron barred cage as a video of his home in Montana played on a big screen. A fellow narrated the tape live from a microphone telling the crowd all about the bears home…This bear and about a dozen other grizzly’s live on a 300-acre preserve up Montana way that includes a good sized creek, a waterfall and small lake stocked with trout. The bear stood about 7’ 2” inches tall and looked like he could out rebound Shack. He is still growing and it was said he would fill out somewhere near 1,100 pounds. Two black bears were also there and were napping away as three of my grandkids were climbing on a concrete bench near the exhibit, yelling “bail out” and jumping off the back of the bench onto the grass. I caught the younger two to aid in their landing (s) until I was wore out.

The concessions were making a huge profit. Beer was $4.00 dollars a cup and two hot dogs and two cokes cost me $12.00. Overall we spent a fun three hours walking about looking at all the new gear and trying not to go broke.

Well, I suppose that, as a loyal squire, I should finally take a shot at one of my squirely quests - one of which, you maybe remember, was to irritate Berli. I decided that nitpickery would be fairly irritating, so I decided to pick some nits. One nit, in particular. I loaded up a quick game of Beril's Stalingrad Pack level My City Of Ruins, the version from the Scenario Depot 1 dump. Germans, natch. In the briefing, I was told I would have "a platoon of early Panzer IVGs", whereas in game, I actually got (gasp!) two Panzer IV Fs and two Panzer IV F2s! The briefing either lied about the player's own starting force, or was in error. I humbly request an explanation.

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Well, I suppose that, as a loyal squire, I should finally take a shot at one of my squirely quests - one of which, you maybe remember, was to irritate Berli. I decided that nitpickery would be fairly irritating, so I decided to pick some nits. One nit, in particular. I loaded up a quick game of Beril's Stalingrad Pack level My City Of Ruins, the version from the Scenario Depot 1 dump. Germans, natch. In the briefing, I was told I would have "a platoon of early Panzer IVGs", whereas in game, I actually got (gasp!) two Panzer IV Fs and two Panzer IV F2s! The briefing either lied about the player's own starting force, or was in error. I humbly request an explanation.

Or perhaps the misspelling of a simple name will be sufficient enough to irritate him.

Originally posted by Bugged:

Or perhaps the misspelling of a simple name will be sufficient enough to irritate him.

Never best to irritate Berli, unless you want extended (ie eternal) free bed and board down where he manages.

*points down to the ground*

He does offer mate's rates however, and the torment and suffering is second to none.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

Never best to irritate Berli, unless you want extended (ie eternal) free bed and board down where he manages.

*points down to the ground*

He does offer mate's rates however, and the torment and suffering is second to none. </font>

Haven't you seen Star Wars? They do stuff like that with those weird snowmobile like things. I am sure it is possible.

Aaaaaaaah-ha. [leaning back in chair and folding arms] Now it becomes more clear.

So you form your picture of reality by watching movies like Star Wars, do you? I shall have to tabulate you among the statistics in my soon-to-be-released book, The Dumbing Down of the American Public or Why Johnnie Can't Find His Toes.

Michael

Originally posted by Abbott:

I just came home from the Oregon Western Outdoors show and after a nice long nap I thought I would mention it to you gents. Hunting gear, fishing gear, archery, boats, motor homes, camp trailers, 4-wheelers and much, much more were all there in abundance. A camp-cooking exhibition also drew quite a crowd and beans, bread and beef were the mainstays along with fish and wild game.

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Michael