1.06 is amazing

slug88

I've restarted the TF thunder campaign after beating it months ago, and after 4 missions and I am stunned at how much fun it's been going through a second time. The game started meeting my expectations of a worthy CMx1 sequel around 1.04/1.05, and with 1.06 it has exceeded them by a long stretch. The new LOS system, along with the refinements to the tacAI, have vastly improved the gameplay experience, and the game has now earned it's place among my favorite titles of all time.

Thank you, Battlefront, for sticking it through for this long, and for once again delivering like noone else can.

I have to agree. I tested it on one of my scenarios and it kicked kicked my butt. Then I played the excellent scenario about saving the burning tank. Then I restarted the campaign and played the first mission.

I'm as impressed as slug88. This was much closer to how I always imagined the game should play. This game is definitely my favorite wargame of all time. I can't wait until I get to play as USMC!

With the modders learning how to mod and the scenario guys get going again, this game is really taking shape nicely. I can imagine so many possibilities.

OK BFC, go have a beer.

I said way back in the days of 1.01 that this product would get the work it needed and deserved. This patch has made that prophecy come true. I knew it would come good and I guess there is more goodies to come.

Call me a fanboi if you want a punch in the throat but I am very happy with CM:SF and the efforts BFC have put into it.

Originally posted by Law&Order:

Just spend 3 hours straight playing varies scenarios. Really incredible difference, somehow Im doing much better and it just feels sooo much more natural and real, congratulations BF!

Now on to more challenging stuff, hammertime here I come...

If you just played Hammertime as the Blue side for the first time in V1.06 would you let us know how it went? smile.gif

How about an After Action Report? (AAR)

I would be interested to read a complete and detailed AAR from a good "juicy" battle in v1.06 you know, something substantial like Riesburg where the Red AI gave you are real good tough battle!.

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic. I posted a few months back about finding the game for $20 in my fav pc gaming store. You guys game me some good insight and some encouragement (especially the fighting seabee) fella for my 92 year old step father in law that is in the nursing home.

Well...I just had too much trouble with the game even with the 1.5 patch. So I sold it last week on ebay.

Then I got the email about 1.06 with the popup move/tactic boxes. Guess what...after doing some reading here I'm going BACK to the store to purchase another copy! Back to the drawing board!! Go CMSF!!

Finally had some time to play 1.06 this weekend. The game is now truly excellent. Tac AI is dealing with the little stuff and I can just command my soldiers.

I just finished following the Euphrates and it was flawless from start to finish.

Now that Strikers have sense to pop smoke and reverse some scenarios may need rebalancing. In Following the Euphrates above I got a total victory on elite/realtime the first run through. I did not suffer a single KIA. The improved Tac AI seems to be pushing the casualty ratio up towards the levels seen in Iraq for blue/red mech intensive scenarios. :cool:

A platoon of Abrams is a truly awesome thing when they are acting like they have some sense. Unless your some poor third world conscript who has the misfortune to be in the way, in which case you have number of very unpleasant choices. :D

Just to reiterate, game is nearly flawless. I will save my list feature that I would like added for another thread.