WOOOOHOOO!!! I GOT IT!!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my watering hole, sir. You've probably been interrupted by my drunk Irish uncles who frequent both Pickwicks, and the New Edinburg Pub. Hopefully your physio isn't on Crichton St. or you'd have met my girlfriend (RMT) before me.

I haven't seen any screens of our famous Waffen G-men.

To the grogs, did the finnish army use the german helmet. The only pics I've seen of Finnish infantry are winter pics, where they have white hoods on.

Originally posted by Molotov Cocktail:

The Polish please (Die Polen bitte!)Screenshots please!

Swoboda (Freedom) for Poland!

Ok, they use Soviet armour, Soviet armour so they look like soviets (They were part of Soviet Armed forces like Czech and Yugoslav volunteers). Like Polish look like british in CMBO, in CMBO they had british uniforms ann british equipment (also some American armour). But maybe they have white polish eagle in T-34 tank.

Yes ! Somebody please post a pic of LWP !!! Long live Rudy 102 !!! (I wonder how many got the joke

:D )

BTW, Freedom in Polish is Wolnosc - so that makes Freedom for Poland - Wolnosc dla Polski. Swoboda means something more like "freedom of movement" - wolnosc is more psychological/political freedom.

The IS3 looks like an IS2. The IS3's turret looked like a dome (like the the modern russian T series of tanks do) Maybe it's one of those "saved model" thingies KwazyDog told us of. Something to be changed in the update? :confused:

BTW, thanks guys for spending you play time giving us these pics! smile.gif

[ September 20, 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Long live Rudy 102 !!! (I wonder how many got the joke

:D )

How about Szarik, the German shepard. I need to find out how to make a skin for Rudy 102. Funny thing is, I just finished watching "Czterej pancerni i pies" (Four tankmen and a dog) on DVD and discovered that it has sub titles in English.

For those of you who have no idea what Gud and I are talking about, let me give you a brief synopsis. The 21 episode TV series "Czterej pancerni i pies" was filmed in the Communist Poland and is based on a book depicting fictional war adventures of four tank crew members and their dog as they are "liberating" Poland with their Russian comrades, rolling to victory towards Berlin. Leaving the geopolitical baggage behind, the episodes showed T-34 in action with all the sounds and close ups of cramped crew conditions inside this venerable tank. To see more of "Czterej Pancerni i Pies" see the DVD store at:

http://www.polishfilm.ca/skok/dvds/groups/polish/c/4panc/4panc.html

Picture of T-34 aka as Rudy 102 can be found at:

http://film.onet.pl/F,7371,1,10,galeria.html

Originally posted by mike8g:

Parabellum,

yes that was a nice duel. And we (watching the game from the KV-1) were wondering why our opponents just started laughing.

As requested, here are some more pictures:

Finnish troops kill an IS-3 with a molotov cocktail.

cmbb-1.jpg

Time for revenge. A KV-2 wipes out attacking Über-Finns.

cmbb-2.jpg

Some Finnish guns

cmbb-3.jpg

Captured Russian tanks now in Finnish colors

cmbb-4.jpg

Two Panzer II

cmbb-5.jpg

Marcus

That's no IS-3. It's an IS-2, Model 1944.

Originally posted by Arioch:

Thanks for the pics smile.gif

But your IS-3, more like a IS-2 no ?

And ever a IS-2 at 1942 :confused:

It was chosen as a IS3, but perhaps it's one of those "still-to-be-done" vehicles.

1942: As mentioned before,the scenario was done with the editor to get vehicles from different years (e.g. you can't buy a KV-2 in 1945).

Marcus

Well, here is Sgt. Nagorniy in his SU-100. A few minutes ago, he was happily busying himself shooting up King Tigers near Budapest, when suddenly this fiendish Vortex appeared, and sucked him in. 'Oh no, Comrade Driver 1st Class Pokorny! A Hitlerite Vortex is sucking us in.' he shouted, in true B-Movie fashion.

SgtNagornyi.jpg

Spewed out in what looks like Lithuania before the war he marvels at the Lithuanian birds and their racy pre-war clothing (not included in CMBB). But there! A clown-tank!

unthartmann.jpg

It is none other than lEEt Unteroffizier Hartmann, Vanquisher of Parisian maidens, Hero of the Champagne cellar fight near Reims (after the surrender!). He happily eyed up the recently liberated Baltic Birds as well, when before him a Vortex appears. It spews out something he had never seen... 'Look Egon, it is a Stug on steroids. Look at the marvellous gun! Look at the marvellous armour... Look at the marvellous Soviet unit insignia. Wait a second...' But it is too late...

boom.jpg

Shouts of 'Sani!' 'Sani!' are the last that 4. PD hears of our hero Hartmann and his plucky little crew...

'No Hitlerite eyes up our maidens when I am around.' says Sgt. Nagorniy (Hero of the Soviet Union, proud Bearer of 89 different medals. Member of the Communist Party, father of 45 children, an unknown number in Lithuania).

Dammit CDV!!!

Try to spot national insignia from finnish vehicles!!

Censored, all censored!!!

Damn germans!

First you take our old symbol,

you put it in your flag,

you wave it around and do stupid things.

Then you start to regret it,

and forbid whole symbol!

WTG!!! :mad:

I hope they would paint pair of leather pants to your PzKpfw turrets! :D

ok, ok... just CDV policies and possibly german law sucks.

Ps. I could swear Von Rosen cross (finnish enblem)is NOT forbidden in germany.

[ September 20, 2002, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

I don't get it, the Finnish swastika originated from coat-of-arms of Von Rosen family (first FAF airplane was donated by Von Rosen). The Finns turned it down post 1945, but hey, it never was a Nazi symbol !!!

Phurr !!! I'm glad that Poland is outside the CDVland and I can order US copy :D

Just some more pics:

Russian ski troops

cmbb-6.jpg

Axis infantry (from left to right):

Romanian Inf/Luftwaffe Ground Inf/Hungary Inf/Gebirgsjäger officer/the (in-)famous Waffengrenadiere ;) /Paratroops

cmbb-7.jpg

Allied infantry (from left to right):

Naval officer/Partisan/Guards Inf/Guards officer/Naval Inf/Paratroops

cmbb-8.jpg

Russian T-44 tank

cmbb-9.jpg

Some tank status data (as requested)

cmbb-10.jpg