WOOOOHOOO!!! I GOT IT!!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Axis) Romainians vs (Russian) Romanians is legit in 1945. Although I get the feeling they would much rather fight the Hungarians. I'm not an expert on Romania in 45 but I seem to remember Russia supplying a Romanian "army of Liberation".

Germans were mucho scared the Hungarians under Admiral Hoth would switch sides. Skorsney made sure he did'nt. Perhaps this is because of the Romanian switch?

I know -- off topic

On topic -- YEA!! GIVE ME SHOT OF A KV-2 knocking on someones door already!! :eek:

Just got up. Time for a shower, a coffee, and some screenies.

How about the effects of optics? Maybe some Tigers against a company of T34-85s?

Remember how the Tigers in CMBO were not THAT accurate? Well, you're in for a treat!

Give me a few minutes...

OK, first one:

Here we have a veteran Tiger platoon, the tank commanders scanning the steppe, waiting for another soviet attack...

tiger1.jpg

Or: Tigers

[ September 20, 2002, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

And the result:

All T34-85s (Modell '44) were knocked out within five minutes. The Tigers scored numerous first and second shot hits at distances from 1500-1200m.

One Tiger was hit by a T34 but the shell couldn't penetrate.

Many T-34s were hit several times.

The 8,8L56 in combination with vet crews and the good optics are absolutely deadly...

tiger3.jpg

or: Scrap metal

Thanks for your all your kind words guys. If only I could find a better free host than Lycos. Well, at least it's free and most of you seem to be able to see the pics.

Reminder:

If the pics don't show up, right click on the pic, click on properties, copy the adress and paste it into your browser, that works usually.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Did it take multiple penetrations to KO the T-34s, or did they bail pretty quickly?

Pvt.Ryan, the 8,8 packs a lot of punch, usually one hit is enough to knock out a tank. Often though the firing tank plays safe and fires a second round if the tanks doesn't explode or the crew bails out immediatly, but then usually the target is known to be dead.

That's why a Soviet player doesn't allow himself to get into a long range duel against Tigers. He will most likely lose. You use the terrain as best you can to avoid fire and minimize exposure, get in close and hit them in the side or rear. Better yet, get IS-2/M44s, ISU-152s, or SU-100s to keep him busy by forcing them to expose their flank. A head on attack over open ground or a long range tank duel is a sure way to lose against well-trained Tiger crews.

Although I must say, I am suprised the T-34/85s were not all stopped dead cold by one penetration by the old '88 even at long range.

Hi Barticus!

Yeah, it was a great experience indeed.

Heh, I went a few times to that Little Italy part of the city, but when I tried to ask someone a question about a street, and telling them I was Italian as well, I actually couldn't really understand them.

They had to repeat it in english, as it was an Abruzzi, or a Sicilian or Calabrian slang, mixed with english, and I didn't understand a lot. ;)

Strange.

I went to the J.S.Woodsworth High School in Nepean.

I actually liked the weather, I've always liked cold weather, really don't know why.

Where I live here, in winter is quite cold, it snows regularly etc.

I'll have to leave today to the North-east tip of Italy, in the Alps for the week-end so I won't see any more screens for a few days.

Thank you all for your pics guys!

[ September 20, 2002, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: audace ]

Vondeath, nope it's an L.6 light tank, mostly used in North Africa as a recce tank, due to its crap performance.

It is armed with a Breda 20mm M.35 gun, and an 8mm coaxial MG. Crew is 2.

Unfortunately the majority of our tanks, Semoventi and Autoblinde were all in the North Africa theatre. In Russia, with the "Celere" Division, some L.3 and L.6 were sent,basically to support infantry.

The Hungarians though have a self-propelled gun that is very similiar to the Semovente da 75/18, so it could be used in a future North African mod.

Originally posted by audace:

Vondeath, nope it's an L.6 light tank, mostly used in North Africa as a recce tank, due to its crap performance.

It is armed with a Breda 20mm M.35 gun, and an 8mm coaxial MG. Crew is 2.

Unfortunately the majority of our tanks, Semoventi and Autoblinde were all in the North Africa theatre. In Russia, with the "Celere" Division, some L.3 and L.6 were sent,basically to support infantry.

The Hungarians though have a self-propelled gun that is very similiar to the Semovente da 75/18, so it could be used in a future North African mod.

Aha, so your Desert Rats mod-clock is ticking again??

Aussiejeff