WOOOOHOOO!!! I GOT IT!!!

Of course!

And I won't even have to re-make all the voices!

Heh, there was that "For the King, for the Duce, for Italy, get up and fight!!!" that it was pronounced in a weird way by a friend of mine, but was kind hilarious in the end. ;)

We could have only said "Savoia!" instead , as in real life.

[ September 20, 2002, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: audace ]

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parabellum, thanks for the pics.

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Often though the firing tank plays safe and fires a second round if the tanks doesn't explode or the crew bails out immediatly, but then usually the target is known to be dead.

Interestingly it seems that not even one T-34 burst into flames in your test. And Tiger's 88 isn't a small gun. At least on the first sight that appears strange...

Ari

Ari, that seems to be connected to range. I understand that Parabellum's test was long-range. At long range, catastrophic explosions and brew-ups appear much less likely, probably due to the drop-off in kinetic energy. At short range, you could have expected a lot of these T34 to go up in fireworks when an 88 round comes in.

Yup, andreas is correct there smile.gif

Basically, brew ups are caused by the 'over penatration' of a round which leaves much more energy to bounce around the tank and cause explosions. At longer ranges this will be much less likely to happen.

Remember in CMBO that you are playing in the last year of the war with big guns and big bangs smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Hmm, good question. January 1943 ? I don't think we did. I recall the first were purchased sometime before the summer -44, pergaps around the spring of -43 ? Can't remember exactly.

Actually they were shipped in late summer (around August) in 1943.

BTW: if you look at the Stug carefully there is no MG gun shield and the fighting compartment roof looks suspiciously like the one on the Ausf F8 (which we never had) if it weren't for the the commanders cupola.

BTS please fix or do somefink ! :D

Indeed !!! :D

BTW: is this a real life boo-boo or just a "feature" related to the rarity being on or off ?

[ September 20, 2002, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

IIRC I bought it (January '43) with rarity on, price was +30%, and it was a StuG IIIG (early).

If early means box type gun shield with loaders MG shield it is OK. If not then it is simply incorrect.

Anyways, the Finnish army never had it available at the timeframe you chose.

Could you try and see if there are earlier versions (D, F) available for Finns during 1941-1942 ?

BTS/BFC better fix or somefink. smile.gif

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Like, hmm.. a KV-2 perhaps?!?

No no no no. KV-2 is boring. Show us Finnish armour ! Including Russian "acquisitions". :rolleyes: And we still haven't seen any guns, so this is an excellent chance to see the 75mm ATG in Finnish service ! And if you get a Finnish ATG, why not see the rest of the Finnish armour aswell ? You know it makes sense ! ;)

Probably Parabellum quits giving us pics with this rate of demands... redface.gif

[ September 20, 2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Part II :D

"You gotta be strong now, take my hand. And remember, we'll always have Paris..."

Lovers2.jpg

Lovers 2

With this thing (our best At asset btw) we tried to fend off a KV1... We learned the hard way that the only thing a PzJg I can penetrate on a good day is a Partisan...

[ September 20, 2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Hehe, I couldn't recreate the best part...

PzJg I fires, hits KV, no effect. Hits again, no effect. KV turns sloooowly...

PzJg hits KV, Gun hit!!

Yes!!

Oh.

KV raises the barrel, fires, our poor PzJg I gets a upper hull penetration, Hans looks again to the right, and Franz is gone! :D

I think he was still holding his hand, though...

Lol!

[ September 20, 2002, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

The Polish please (Die Polen bitte!)Screenshots please!

Swoboda (Freedom) for Poland!

Ok, they use Soviet armour, Soviet armour so they look like soviets (They were part of Soviet Armed forces like Czech and Yugoslav volunteers). Like Polish look like british in CMBO, in CMBO they had british uniforms ann british equipment (also some American armour). But maybe they have white polish eagle in T-34 tank.

Parabellum,

yes that was a nice duel. And we (watching the game from the KV-1) were wondering why our opponents just started laughing.

As requested, here are some more pictures:

Finnish troops kill an IS-3 with a molotov cocktail.

cmbb-1.jpg

Time for revenge. A KV-2 wipes out attacking Ãœber-Finns.

cmbb-2.jpg

Some Finnish guns

cmbb-3.jpg

Captured Russian tanks now in Finnish colors

cmbb-4.jpg

Two Panzer II

cmbb-5.jpg

Marcus

[ September 20, 2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Dave and Marcus, what a preview! I still don't know what's my favourite:

The Hans&Franz scene or when our 150mm inf gun hit the KV right on the front plate-and survived...

But at least we got the TC after he had opened his hatch to see what went BOOOM so loud. Just in time too see the 2nd 150mm round land next to him!

:D

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Barticus, whooz goin' to receive their copy of CMBB first? Technically speaking I'm closer to the Canada Post distribution centre.

Cheers

No contest there, you will receive it first. I have the absolute worst luck when ordering stuff online. I had hoped all my bad ordering luck had been used up with strategic command, but probably not. New Edinburgh eh? My physiotherapist is down in that neck of the woods, and Pickwick's of course. Great little pub, Pickwick's is.