WOOOOHOOO!!! I GOT IT!!!

Originally posted by demoss:

The Bren carrier seems like a bizarre choice to use in lieu of the CV 33, because AFAIK there shouldn't have been any carriers on the Eastern front - so it doesn't really save a model.

The Russians used several thousand Lend Lease Carriers. Or at least, 2,656 UCs were shipped to the Soviets.

[ September 19, 2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by demoss:

The Bren carrier seems like a bizarre choice to use in lieu of the CV 33, because AFAIK there shouldn't have been any carriers on the Eastern front - so it doesn't really save a model.

On top of what Michael said, a lot of the Bren carriers captured in Northern France and Belgium in 1940 ended up in the east with a 'WH' number plate.

Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Oh, I just got asked whether I want to come to bed or "...continue with this silly WARGAME..."

Looks like a tough decision! ;)

I'm sure others will post more screenies soon, time for bed...

Man, you really need to sort out your priorities...</font>

Ok, I put some pictures up on my site. It's a bit of a rush job. I just installed the software ,fired up a quick battle in muddy weather and took some screenshots. The colors are a bit off and I'm sure that there are better screenshots out there, but well...

it'S very late over here now and I got delayed, so please bare wih me. more (and better) pics to follow this weekend.

http://www.cmb2b.de or

http://www.panzerwalze.de

click "enter" then "cool shots"

Yeah, thanks for the pics Mike8g !

Now how about some yyberFinns assaulting soviet heavies with just sticks and stones and aquavit ? smile.gif Something in the lines of the (now)famous "SturmTiger re-designs the church" serie smile.gif

"YyberFinns assault the ISU-152" (pic1)

"They throw the stone in the bushes to distract the beast, wash their faces with the Aquavit and SMASH the ISU with the stick" (pic2)

"ISU explodes into an inferno of flames and molten metal" (pic3)

True story that... smile.gif

Thanks again for the pics !

PARABELLUM

Thanks almighty (there is a God). Brilliant and I thank you for wasting playing time to post the screenshots. AWESOME :D:D

Can`t wait for CDV to launch the English vers, I might just order the German (Although my German is nearly 30 years rusty).

Douglas (aka DougieB)

Belfast (NI) UK

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Great news !

Not only us non German European have :

* Release delay to Xth of Umptember

* No SS sanitization

* CD protection

* Inability to buy US version

BUT ALSO

* DVD crappy box (OK, US CMBO had no box at all...)

* A third of the manual, print the rest yourself !

Many many thanks BTS for such a good deal for your European customers

Sheesh ...

I'm with you Pascal... particularly as I turned down a kind offer for someone to send me a US copy because we were assured we would have the same manual - nothing about a bloody .pdf version though :mad: . For a complex wargame that just isn't acceptable.

Frankly, those US posters who view complaints about that as whining get on my tit.. it's not them who have to put up with it (time after time). .pdf manuals are a major pain in the backside, particularly for a game like CM where you need to refer to it on a fairly regular basis.

LET US BUY THE US VERSION, AT LEAST BY MAIL !!

Originally posted by audace:

p.s. Barticus: where do you live in Ottawa? I lived there in 1998/1999, when I was just 17/18.

Great experience,great country and great people.

Wow, quite a change in climate, Italy to Canada that is. I live in the South end, not too far from the South Keys shopping centre. Although I've lived in Canada all my life, I only moved to our nation's capital in '95 from a bustling, thriving community of 400 or so. Glad you enjoyed your stay in our Country, Ottawa has it's own Little Italy (Preston Street) and I have yet to make it to EVERY Italian restaurant, but I'm slowly improving the count! smile.gif Someday I hope to make it to Italy itself and try some authentic Italian cuisine, but that's for the future someday.

Bart

Originally posted by Barticus:

Actually Hoop, I've never ridden the train. Between working in the East end and the dubious pleasure of owning a vehicle, I never need to.

B

My design firm uses the NRC to do climate tests and such, actually they are some of our financial backers. I actually reside in New Edinburgh so I don't get to ride the train either.

To all the generous germans, thanks for taking the time to post these screenshots. I'll probably wake up tommorrow and see more

Barticus, whooz goin' to receive their copy of CMBB first? Technically speaking I'm closer to the Canada Post distribution centre.

Cheers