(ahem) So, what was that I recall about someone wanting a CMBB BONE Thrown???

Damage...It is pain, destruction, chaos and up till now in Combat Mission it was resigned to the realm of the imagination. Well no longer.

Allow me to introduce yet another new CMBB game feature. Damaged Building Textures!!!

Now then, have a nice look at the following pictures but rememeber one thing. They were all taken about a month ago and as cool as they look here, in 10 days from now I will show you how we have pushed them even further into the realm of overwhelming slack jawed coolness...Don't ask questions about them just yet, in 10 days all will be revealed...well not ALL, but enough ;)

So how do they work? Well, when an individual building gets damaged suffeciently these textures will replace the default one automatically. Each building has its own damaged texture set, just like it has its own winter set. We wanted to have both a light and heavy damage texture set but we are already pushing the limits on textures so we could only do one.

HOWEVER in 10 days (or so, maybe more maybe less) I will show you what we DID do to make these things even cooler...and forever change how city and town maps will look....

In the last picture you might notice there are two identical buildings next to each other, one with damage and one without. Pretty nifty eh?

Click the thumbnails to open the images full size!

streetfighttn.jpg

STREETwalktn.jpg

STREETwalk2tn.jpg

STREETtanktn.jpg

Madmatt

10 days and counting for more details...more or less...Maybe 11, depends how I feel. 12 tops...

[ March 01, 2002, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM,

While I am not an expert (as many of our European friends are) on European architecture, I did live in Budapest for 6 months, and the damage that can still be seen on walls is very, very similar to these screenshots! Nicely done!

Speedbump

Originaly Posted by Micheal Dorosh

Nice ass on that tank
Yea I agree, that ass looks nice. I can't wait to get the oppurtunity to attempt a REAR PENETRATION on it!!!

Originally Posted by MadMatt

In 10-12 days (depending on the break) your CM world will change...
Do we get to see REAR PENETRATIONS of those nice looking a$$es?! (on the tanks ofcourse)

[ March 01, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Rommel22 ]

Originally posted by Bad Monkey!:

Like fact that he's either missing his legs below the knees... or he's somehow rising from below street level...

Actually, I think there is just a slight change in elevation between the foreground with the buildings and the open space across which the soldier is moving.

His lower legs are just hidden behind the elevation change.

Originally posted by Flammenwerfer:

MaddMatt-

Will it take 12 days to PARTIALLY rubble

those buildings?

:cool:

I'm curious about that my self????

maybe somthing like this:

cassino.gif

ok its a lousy pic but you get the idea

I'm sure you have all seen good pics of WWII rubble in the streets from partially destroyed buildings. :D

-tom w

[ March 01, 2002, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I come on just to check some threads and YEHAAA!

Absolutely Awsome News!

Good job guys you are really improving CM in all aspects. If we still have any non believers they should be shot.

Mord.

[ March 01, 2002, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]