How many from Europe are buying from the US of A?

Manx

6) Other - Got a Mac so like CMBO had to order from US.

*Looks nervously overshoulder and draws curtains*

If I had a PC I would have beaten the sanctions and arranged to have it shipped to UK by a friendly ' virtual arms dealer' middle man :D

A quick note for any Europeans who may have ordererd through me and are perusing this thread.

I recieved a partial shipment of my personal order placed approximately 35 minutes after the pre-order announcment at around 2 a.m., Sept. 7.

I've received none of the European orders yet.

[ September 23, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

Key guys,

if you post here that you ordered from the US via friend, I would be interested to hear why exactly (check one):

1) censoring

2) copy protection (no backup, maybe incompatiblity)

3) full manual

4) delay in delivery (England)

5) fear of bad translation

6) other (like throw more money directly at BTS)

And don't start a flamewar, we all judged each of these points to death.

The reason for me are 1 & 3, but can anyone on this forum help me to have US version please...I'm from Italy and I have no idea on when in my country CMBB will be released

1 and 3 with a dollop of 6 (get direct from the guys who wrote it).

I had a friend in the US lined up to pre-order but unfortunately it fell through. So I'm forced now to wait for CDV. Real shame. :(

BTW I've asked around my home in Den Haag, Netherlands and have found no retailer who even has CMBB on their list of upcoming titles! Only one even had CMBO stocked...

I also hope CDV make sure the European pc magazines have got a copy for review by now, because I haven't seen anything mentioned in the magazines (except for 1 ad). CMBB doesn't even register in the lastest copy of PCGamer on the list of upcoming games to be released. TBH I'm not very impressed by the lack of 'air time' CMBB is getting over here so far.

Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

Is Ernst-Hugo talking to you from the grave again?

I AM Ernst-Hugo. Danskjävel.

{note: I actually personally LOVE all things Danish and no insult, harm or personal injury was intended to anyone or anything of Danish origin with the above statement. For our international viewers, "Danskjävel" means "Danish bastard" and was immortalized by the great Ernst-Hugo Järegård in the Danish TV-series The Kingdom (Riget) by Lars von Trier. The statement was ripe with good-natured old-fashioned fun-loving humor (or humour) and only some small flightless aquatic fowls were injured in the process. Thank you.}

My entire wargaming vocabulary is in English and I am getting nervous when I suddenly read words like "Durchschlag" where I saw "penetration" for YEARS!

It is like the localized versions of Windows! Instead of terms you were familiar with for years you are suddenly confronted with new terms (albeit in your mother tongue) that sound strange and unfamiliar (Visual Basic in German!! That really was too much!!) This may not hold true for Grogs, but I am none.

Add in the manual and the US soldier on the CDV cover (which is not even aesthetically pleasing) and my decision to wait for my software store to import the US original becomes justified!!

Regards,

Thomm

I might very well have to! You can't order CM:BB on CDV's homepage (except for the German version), and there hasn't been any word about when it will be awailable here in Norway.

I spoke to my local retailer again yesterday, and all he had heard (from his importer/distributor) was "perhaps early October" (with a rumour going around about the 2nd). Nothing certain, anyway.

I've emailed CDV, but as of yet all I've received is the standard auto-generated email.

The censored stuff is no big deal (although I personally find it just ridiculous). The manual would have been nice, but it's not a must. I'm a little concerned about CDV's copy protection scheme and CD-reader compability though, but I haven't heard much about it either way yet.

So, come early October I might have to try and find a friendly soul in USA who can act as a middleman, if CDV should decide that Norway isn't a big enough market. smile.gif

Or I can order it from Amazon UK (see this thread)

[ September 24, 2002, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Hawk ]

Does anybody know the Weight & Dimesions of The Package, for shipping purposes? I ordered the 'Combo Pack' so I could try to suck a friend of mine into this with a BO 'Present'. It came in the USPS envelope about the size of a notebook. I don't know if BB only comes in the same thing.

Thanks

Strt

I just want the real, not tempered with, official, with all the extra's :eek: , without strange deals, manuals, logo’s, whatever’s :( delivered on my door mat. I’m going with the US version. ;)

Mies

Originally posted by pt:

rollsoty: I'm not a native speaker but I think Durchschlag sounds a bit strange for penetration. Shouldn't it be something like durchdringen or eindringen. The Brinell hardness test uses the concept of eindringe in German for example.

Durchschlag is an absolute correct translation for penetration. It's used in many german books or reports I've read.

Good, then I bow to superior mother-tongue knowledge. Penetration means both entering and not exiting of a body, as well as entering and exiting of a body. It would be difficult to have a word in German that subsumes these two nuances of meaning: durchschlagen and durchdringen excluding one sense, whereas eindringen excludes the other. What would you say for a shot that only produces spalling, durchschlagen would'nt work...or would it?

[ September 24, 2002, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: pt ]

I would if I knew how.

No resellers i know sell CM:BB, so there's no easy way to order an US copy from Europe.

Until I find a way I let my UK order stand.

Still hope I can 'patch' the CDV version with the US exec. And then probably donate $10 to BTS for the complete manual.

I would prefer paying CDV $10 to be allowed to order the US version and have it done with. Oh well. :(

But I'll live. Even the wait until 7-11 Oct. won't spoil my anticipation for CM:BB. Heck I survived the pre-demo days of CMBO didn't I ?

PS: Yech ! Look you guys made me type a Whine post I hate myself now ! :mad:

'Pom, pom, pom' (twiddles thumbs and eyes calendar nervously :rolleyes:tongue.gif )

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by mchlstrt:

Does anybody know the Weight & Dimesions of The Package, for shipping purposes? I ordered the 'Combo Pack' so I could try to suck a friend of mine into this with a BO 'Present'. It came in the USPS envelope about the size of a notebook. I don't know if BB only comes in the same thing.

Yup, CMBB is shipped in the US in the same type of USPS cardboard envelope. Weighs about 400g(14oz).