MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ParaBellum and MasterGoodale,

I started the map yesterday. As a third party creation it is traditional for the forces to be chosen by the creator and placed on the map with a tournament save, with an eye towards balance and historical picks.

If you would find this acceptable I will table the following offer; I will offer to host screenshots and an AAR if you gentlemen (term used loosely in one respect) would care to send me notes and screenshots every couple of turns or more often, as needed.

I shall be able to finish the scenario, ready for play by the end of the day.

Originally posted by Soddball:

You do not 'ownz' this thread.

I created you, nurtured you, gave you strength. I am all around you. In the tree, and in the rock. Even between the land and the sky. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

From now on, you will be assigned a single thread, to be called "MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffle", into which you must post everything you write, even if it's pertinent to another thread.

Now go and sit in the corner.

Soddball

Yes, it was Soddball who sparked this abomination. Thou we suffer greatly for it, it has served its porpoise and its purpose. MasterGoodale has been confined to ONE and only ONE thread.

Enough of this.

I decided to take our battle to the streets of Stalingrad. There you will learn some very basic things like "TNT doesnt melt faces" and "Bullets hurt ego's"

I'll be the glorious heroic Germans and you'll be the despicable cowardly Russians. I thought it would be fitting. The scenario I picked was "the library". You should have the turn in your mail right now.

Originally posted by Abbott:

ParaBellum and MasterGoodale,

I started the map yesterday. As a third party creation it is traditional for the forces to be chosen by the creator and placed on the map with a tournament save, with an eye towards balance and historical picks.

If you would find this acceptable I will table the following offer; I will offer to host screenshots and an AAR if you gentlemen (term used loosely in one respect) would care to send me notes and screenshots every couple of turns or more often, as needed.

I shall be able to finish the scenario, ready for play by the end of the day.

That's fine with me, thx for your work, Abbott.

I'm confident you'll create something evil...uhm-did I say 'evil'? I meant 'interesting', of course...

MasterNotsoGoodale, prepare for a beating! :D

[edited for the substitution of a 'd' for a 's'. Guess where and you win a cookie... ]

[ November 19, 2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

The map is finished and the units in place. A meeting engagement, 1500 points, 35 turns variable on a 1120 meters wide by 960 meters deep map. Yes, it is evil, as a matter of fact with my promised “eye towards balance” I took the liberty of placing ParaBellum (with his greater experience) as the fortunate German commander in July of 1941. Yes, there are some Russian heavies to contend with, with the German lighter guns. The map has been designed with room to maneuver and looks to provide a deadly battle.

A tournament save is on its way to MasterGoodale as of this post. I will be happy to provide posting of screenshots and posting of any notes you gentlemen send to me here in this thread. Good luck gentleman!

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I SAID! GGRRRRGRGRGRGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

Well, what can I say...he has a way with words. Now all he has to to is use them intelligently. Besides, it is usually considered rude to shout. Silly me, I was worried about civil behavior with a namby boy. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

The map is finished and the units in place. A meeting engagement, 1500 points, 35 turns variable on a 1120 meters wide by 960 meters deep map. Yes, it is evil, as a matter of fact with my promised “eye towards balance” I took the liberty of placing ParaBellum (with his greater experience) as the fortunate German commander in July of 1941. Yes, there are some Russian heavies to contend with, with the German lighter guns. The map has been designed with room to maneuver and looks to provide a deadly battle
The battle of the Cheery Waffle thread, or MasterGoodale’s first taste of the easy battles PBEM play brings.

The battlefield as seen from the Russian side (MasterGoodale).

cw.jpg

Looking into the village each commander has been ordered to seize. From the vetrean and deadly German commander's (ParaBellum) side.

cw2.jpg

Good luck Gentlemen!

[ November 20, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Ah yes...

"THE BATTLE OF CHEERY WAFFLE"

- recently discovered ME, 194?, Cheery WaffleGrad, Ukraine

(er... GRRR!)

As self-anointed commander of the peanut gallery, I would like to formally petition for the Autosave files to be posted... somewheres. Then we (just me???) could actually load them and "watch", I think...?

Eden

[ November 20, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Eden Smallwood ]

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

Ah yes...

"THE BATTLE OF CHEERY WAFFLE"

- recently discovered ME, 194?, Cheery WaffleVille, Ukraine

Sigh - that's Cheery Wafflov, or Cheery Wafflegrad in some sources, you dork!

Come to think of it the peanut gallery might be the right place for a monkey like you! smile.gif

[ November 20, 2002, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organ ]

This is my MasterGoodale.

See how he growls and snarls when we poke him with sticks. I have pissed him off on purpose to make him growl and show his teeth.

And yes, that is the same deranged newbie that always shows up, except that one was blue.

[ November 20, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

I'll have all my little victims know that I've organized my PBEM files and will be sending setups out today and tomorrow! :mad:

I pity those of you who have dared step a foul foot on my bloodsoaked territory. Your men will soon be begging to have their limbs back (while I beat them with it) and groveling at my feet!! :mad: :mad: