MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Marlow:

Dear Master Goodwail,

I have been playing Combat Mission for over two years now, and I have a little problem. I don’t seem to be able to generate the kind of hate and bile that I should. Even though I regularly kick the snot out of the worthless scum I often play, I just can’t get spleen ripping, lung yanking, liver eating mad at them. I can’t even bring myself to hate that wordy sot Seanachai (no matter how much he wants me to) or that annoying donkey fellow. The best I can seem to do is a kind of low level chronic irritation with opponents, sort of like that itch you get when you are out in public, but can’t scratch because it would be unseemly.

PLEASE FIX OR DO SOMFINK.

Yours truly

Hateless in Virginia smile.gif

I don't know when I've seen a sadder and more humiliating moment, than your coming into this thread and admitting you're impotent.

After all the well-thought out put-downs, the clever rejoinders in the Peng Challenge Thread, the gritty, 'courteous but firm' posts on the General Forum, it's come down to this.

Personally, I'd have sooner cut my own tongue out with a broken pilsener glass, and drowned in the aspirated blood, then come into the padded 'display' thread for a growling teenager, and admit that 'I simply can't get my hatred up anymore'.

I have had my moments of doubt, and crisis, and soul-searching, but I've never just given up.

But your self-humiliation has filled me with a new sense of purpose. I mean, besides that of belittling you and laughing at you.

I proclaim to all that I think Colonel Deadmarsh is a complete and utter git.

I know that he will take this well, and in the spirit that's intended.

As soon as someone reads it to him, that is.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Personally, I'd have sooner cut my own tongue out with a broken pilsener glass, and drowned in the aspirated blood, then come into the padded 'display' thread for a growling teenager...

Its better than a display thread for a bunch of sodding adults ;)

[ November 23, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Baetis ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

But your self-humiliation has filled me with a new sense of purpose. I mean, besides that of belittling you and laughing at you.

I proclaim to all that I think Colonel Deadmarsh is a complete and utter git.

I know that he will take this well, and in the spirit that's intended.

Tch. Responding to Marlow's post and giving some brand instead to Colonel Deadmarsh is a bit of its own self-humiliation too. tongue.gif

Pff! yeah like this thread was gonna stay burried you sorry excuses for schlong-grabbing maggots!

My only advice on hate is:

YOU HAVE TO HATE THE ENEMY AS THOUGH YOU JUST CAUGHT HIM DOING YOUR MAMMA AND GIRLFRIEND AT THE SAME TIME SOLDIER!!! YOU GOTTA DIG DEEP DOWN IN YOUR SOUL AND FIND THAT HATE!! THAT LOATHING THAT ONLY A SOLDIER ON THE BATTLE FIELD WITH BLOODY EYEBALLS AND A MOUTH FULL OF TNT CAN HAVE!! DON'T BE SUCH A DAMN PANZY BOY!! MUTILATE, HUMILIATE, AND NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, APPRECIATE YOUR ENEMY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now leave me be and let me get back to killin'!!

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

YOU HAVE TO HATE THE ENEMY AS THOUGH YOU JUST CAUGHT HIM DOING YOUR MAMMA AND GIRLFRIEND AT THE SAME TIME SOLDIER!!! YOU GOTTA DIG DEEP DOWN IN YOUR SOUL AND FIND THAT HATE!! THAT LOATHING THAT ONLY A SOLDIER ON THE BATTLE FIELD WITH BLOODY EYEBALLS AND A MOUTH FULL OF TNT CAN HAVE!! DON'T BE SUCH A DAMN PANZY BOY!! MUTILATE, HUMILIATE, AND NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, APPRECIATE YOUR ENEMY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That might be impressive sig material --- for someone else. ;)

Originally posted by Snarker:

Hmm,

Not much cheery in here. This thread needs a womans touch. Maybe we should get some of the Ladies to redecorate MasterGoodales thread.

Yes, let's ask. :D

Hmmmmmm *Looks around the room*

Yup Snarker you're quite right, this place needs a new lick of paint.

I wonder if Persephone still has that pink rug handy.

Originally posted by Persephone:

Yes, I've got the pink rug and pink paint and pink flower wallpaper. I think we need to start with the door. A pink door is perfect. The Gnome will feel very welcome here.

Oh, I don't know about that Karen ....

Young Goodale is very noisy so Seanacoochie won't be able to hear himself think.

I think Mastergoodale would benefit from a lose of yarbles.

That and the pink colour scheme should quieten him down some.

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

Yes, I've got the pink rug and pink paint and pink flower wallpaper. I think we need to start with the door. A pink door is perfect. The Gnome will feel very welcome here.

Oh, I don't know about that Karen ....

Young Goodale is very noisy so Seanacoochie won't be able to hear himself think.

I think Mastergoodale would benefit from a lose of yarbles.

That and the pink colour scheme should quieten him down some.</font>

Very nice touches, ladies.

If I remember way back to my college days and psychology, a certain shade of pink totally emasculated even the most aggressive of inmates.

MasterGoodgrowl should start relaxing now.

Surrounded by pink, his yarbles removed and sold for cat toys, he has little choice.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lord General MB:

SEND ME A FILE you iggnorant fool!

You mispelled ignorant.</font>

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lord General MB:

SEND ME A FILE you iggnorant fool!