Another worthless poll: Who's buying CMBB?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Manx:

I will not be buying the Euro version as a matter of principle, so i'll need to find a best buddy in North America first. As soon as i've done that my moneys on the way.

Manx, I can assist you. Check your e-mail.

[ July 10, 2002, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

If anyone else is just so put out that they can't handle a CDV copy, I'll get a NA copy for a few of you. I won't scalp anything on it, but I'm not going in a hole on it either, so US dollars + shipping and handling from BTS to me, and me to you. My e-mail is in my profile.

Thanks Vader. Email returned.

BTW - my "matter of principle" is to do with me not wishing to help CDV by giving them my hard earned cash only to see it go towards making more of those god-awful "Sudden ****e" or whatever they're called, games.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

I've got a stupid question. Will there just be one Euro version, or will there be a German Euro Version (with sensitive names/runes snipped) and a wider Euro version which has them?

Oh and I'll be buying.

I'm guessing here

BUT NO, I suspect there will be only TWO versions (two PC versions But only ONE Mac version ? ) No more.

One Regular, purchase via internet, Distribution via mail version

and

One CDV version (edited for German law) for ALL of Europe, that Sir is what all the STINK is about, ALL CDV European customers get the CDV version, which is constrained by German law to be edited.

and THAT is THAT :eek:

-tom w

(However Mac users in all over Europe can Rejoice that they can order the NON-CDV version from BFC via the mail and their online ordering page (when it becomes available)

Now My question is how do the NonCDV- Non- Edited Mac Versions of CMBB get into Germany via the mail when they may contain "illegal" names and symbols?

Enquiring minds want to know :confused:

-tom w

[ July 11, 2002, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Manx:

I will not be buying the Euro version as a matter of principle, so i'll need to find a best buddy in North America first. As soon as i've done that my moneys on the way.

I still wonder if the EU and the US versions are so compatible that we can execute the US version with an EU executable and vice versa.