Time for me to go i think.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality sucks. Manx, I hope you win the lottery or a rich aunt you never knew you had leaves you a fortune and you never have to leave your computer again to do anything so menial as work. Hurry back. In the meanwhile, go bravely among the philistines.

Michael

Guys,

Thanks again for all your kind words -- i know i am amongst real friends here!

I'm glad to have been of some service over the past couple of years and i hope i will be able to do so again in the future. If only Charles could nail that "If RL>CM Then Time=RL" bug then things would be a lot better.

BTW - On Friday it was great to see the boxed retail version of CMBO stocked on the shelves in one of my local (Stafford,UK) game shops. Even though i have all the mods that come on the Extra's disc i bought it again anyway. :D

All the best Manx - thanks for all your time in the CM community.

As a UK resident please tell me which damn selfish company is making you redundant and I promise right now never to give them a penny :mad:

I have been made redundant twice myself in the last 5 years, downsizing the 'human resources' seems to be the instant and only choice when a company gets itself in difficulty. Of course the incompetent idle managers who ran the company into the ground still get their huge payoffs.

Whaddaya know, if it happens to you again you might get as bitter as me! Seriously though, all the best smile.gif

Thanx, Manx! (Clever, eh?)

I will miss you every time I open CMHQ and cringe at the visual assault on my senses. Ah well, I know you'll be back at it soon. Addictionn cannot be broken that easily, thank goodness.

Now for some practical advice.

Get a gub'ment job, and you will have all the extra time you need for CM, while your servitude pays the bills. It works for many of us slackers here (although not me anymore). Mace swears by it.

The post office is a good bet in any country, but it should be particularly cushy in the UK.

Cheers,

Jake

Manx.....thank you for giving so much of your personal time to CM up to now. I hope and wish that you find a new career that treats you the way you deserve to be smile.gif

Facing into that stormy sea myself.

Best Regards to you and your family.

MÃ¥kjager

[ Edited due to a sticking keyboard ]

[ April 07, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: MÃ¥kjager ]

Waaah! Sorry to hear, Manx. You've contributed a lot to the community. Hope things work out well. And hope to see you come back to the CM universe soon. We could use more webmasters like you.

Take care!

- Chris

A promise made many moons ago to you is a promised kept Manx. Send me your address (in the UK I assume?) as well as your vino preference and I will send you some 6 bottles as a farewell and thank you gift from all the CM members here for your tireless CM work. {postage/freight on me}

Your original website was still - as one forum member put it - the "sexiest" one on the street block. smile.gif

Godspeed CM friend...

Kindest regards,

Charl Theron

WineCape@global.co.za

This is sad news indeed to come home to after a long weekend. Your departure from our little world leaves a void that cannot be filled.

Manx, I know that wherever you go you will continue to fight the good fight. Don't let the bastards get you down, and never forget that living well is the best revenge.

I would be really happy to hear that you recreate yourself before July and can tell your current paymasters what to do with their paycheck, unless it will cost them a bundle if you ride it out to the bitter end [when it happened to me I was fully vested...]. There's a lot of time between now and July if you cast your sights far enough afield and don't get too comfortable with your daily routine.

You're doing the right thing by shutting down your commitment to CM for the moment. I hope you will come back soon, but you need to get firmly re-established wherever you land first.

I've just gone through my notes and discovered that I only have your combat mission e-mail address. Please drop me a line at padivine@aol.com so we can stay in touch.

Originally posted by WineCape:

A promise made many moons ago to you is a promised kept Manx. Send me your address (in the UK I assume?) as well as your vino preference and I will send you some 6 bottles as a farewell and thank you gift from all the CM members here for your tireless CM work. {postage/freight on me}. Your original website was still - as one forum member put it - the "sexiest" one on the street block. smile.gif

Godspeed CM friend...

Kindest regards,

Charl Theron

WineCape@global.co.za

My my, Manx is shy... Can somebody send me Manx's home address details so that I can deliver the goodies please, as he has not contacted me yet. Don't worry Manx, it will not be a mutilated ear that you will receive via postage, only some vino to wash down Real Life real good. smile.gif

WineCape

header_Winelands02.gif

-----------------

Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance.

-- Benjamin Franklin

[ April 09, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Farewell and God speed then Manx.

Your site was one of the best ever and your passion for this game and dedication toward our Community went way beyond the Call of Duty.

I hope you'll sort things out and that you'll have time to grace us for CMBB.

It was nice having you around...