**** ROW V (Part 3) ****

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full decoder ring avaiable in this thread.

Here's an excerpt for said 33 page document:

This is what the scoring program does:

1. It first looks for scores that do not add up to 100 due to contested/unoccupied VLs, and split the difference between the players equally (this is for CMBO, note that in CMBB CM points always total 100). For example, a final score of 70-20 would be converted to 75-25. Scores will always add up to 100 after this adjustment. There is a very good reason for doing this involving agreements between players designed to maximize their scores. Perhaps you can figure it out?

2. The median score for each side of all the scenarios is determined.

3. The difference between a player's score and the median score for the side he played will be determined for all scenarios.

4. The standard deviations from the median scores are determined for all scenarios. This value will always be the same for both sides of a given scenario due to step 1 above.

5. The difference from the median will then be divided by the standard deviation resulting in the \normalized difference from the median".

6. The normalized difference from the median is then assigned a Nabla score for the scenario. This is done with a formula created by Nabla that is at work inside the scoring program.

7. The average of all a player's Nabla scores (one for each scenario) is then determined, resulting in the player's final tourney score. The high score in each section is the winner of the section.

Originally posted by Sleekit:

As a ROW newbie how the hell do you figure out the score and know how you've done???

Confused............

In a nutshell, the player with the highest score in your section is the winner, and advances to the finals.

So, looking at your section (11) I see that Platehead has the highest score with 3.86.

However, that's not the whole story, for we still have yet to apply the AAR bonuses.

Originally posted by Other Means:

I have recieved a score of 77 for St Edouards Sanitorium after I got kicked all over by kenfedoroff - is this correct?

You tell me. I only enter what you guys submit. If it doesn't jive with your own data then send me the correct numbers and I will edit the score, but make sure your opponent agrees to the new numbers.

I think there is a mistake in Group4/St. Edwards. There is a ".8" score with no corresponding "-.8".

Walpurgis Nacht ripped me from 2nd place to second to last! Curse you Walpurgis for kicking my *ss. tongue.gif

EDIT: Maybe not 2nd, Big Dog did very well. He beat me too. Curses on him also.

EDIT 2: Maybe not 3rd, Cpt T did very well. At least he didn't beat me. Curses on him anyway. :D

Treeburst155 out.

[ June 09, 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

If there is demand I can make a couple of pages for you to see the medians and sds for the battles and everyones scores at once. I did it the current way to give people a little privacy.

R

Can possibly do a few graphs as well if wish - bar only - just let me know what you wish to see.

R

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I think there is a mistake in Group4/St. Edwards. There is a ".8" score with no corresponding "-.8".

Good eye. The mistake was in BigDog's score for St. Ed's. It is now fixed, and data has automatically updated.

I love this program :D

I think major congrats are in order for Walpurgisnacht (again) for kicking the butts of everyone in his group. Londoner too. And to Sripe for the most comprehensive whitewash.

The competition for the wooden spoon seems much tougher. I expect it gives satisfaction to many readers to note the success of a certain voluble Canadian.

I'd be interested to see the variation for each scenario. I'd guess Triangle and Moltke were the most all-or-nothing.

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

If there is demand I can make a couple of pages for you to see the medians and sds for the battles and everyones scores at once. I did it the current way to give people a little privacy.

R

Can possibly do a few graphs as well if wish - bar only - just let me know what you wish to see.

R

Would love to see a list of all the players, sorted by raw scores per game/side - just so we have an idea where we stacked up against all the other players.

Strangely, I seem to have done best against the people who won my group. Does this mean I am too cunning for my own good against lesser mortals?

Surely Nabla should now be taking into account the plight of those pitted against serial ROW winners. Bring on Handicapped Nabla.

I agree with Michael, Id like to see a list of all the players, sorted by raw scores per game/side.

I know it would be a chore but I'm still grumbling about my score.

I thought fer sure I did better this time smile.gif

Sheeesh! Tough crowd in this competition. There I was sitting back smugly thinking my score of 93% in Wet Triangle would result in huge bonuses whereas all it did was produce a score of one. One single solitary digit. What does a guy have to do around here!!!

:eek:

BTW, thanks once again to the tireless efforts of Kingfish & Cpl. Carrot for making ROW V run so smoothly. Your efforts are certainly greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jim R.

[ June 10, 2005, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]