**** ROW V (Part 3) ****

This is the latest thread for the Rumblings of War Tournament.

Welcome one and all to the Rumblings of War Tournament. As with previous ROWs we begin with the Tournament Manual. This will describe the details of how ROW is organized and run, so please take a moment to read up on it.

OK, first on the list:

Deadlines

The deadline for the regular season is June 7th. This gives you 4 months to finish 5 scenarios, so you do the math as to file exchange rates with your opponents. Although TCP is not a requirement, I do suggest looking into organizing a session or two with each opponent if at all possible. Exchanging one e-mail a day will require three days to complete one turn using PBEM. A one hour TCP session may complete 5-10 turns.

AARs

AARs are mandatory, as in everybody writes one for each game. A minimum of 5000 words and 30 screenshots...each. Ok, I was kidding about that last part, but not about the mandatory requirment. Look at it this way, you get to play in a very challenging and entertaining tournament. You get to play scenarios designed just for you. You have a chance at winning a case of the finest South African Wine, delivered to your door free of charge. What do we ask in return...feedback. Let us know how you did, what you thought of it, and ways we can improve it. We appreciate your feedback. If you need an idea of what we are looking for in an AAR, let me know and I can e-mail you a couple of good examples.

Ace Pilot is now handling all AARs for ROW V. Please send these directly to him at: acepilot88(at)yahoo.com

FOW

The moment the first file goes out the tournament is in full FOW lockdown mode. Loose lips sink ships, and they also piss off the tourney organizer [Mad] . Do not discuss anything about the tournament with anyone, even your dog. If you have a question that is FOW sensitive, e-mail me.

Dropouts & MIA

The Nabla scoring system cannot handle incomplete games, so we require all games to be finished. If for whatever reason you need to withdraw please let us know right away. You will not be penalized in any way by informing us in a timely manner. If you plan on being offline for an extended period of time please inform your opponents. Also, if an unexpected problem arises that prevents you from informing us (computer problems), have a backup plan so that a message can be sent. In this day and age everyone has a friend or relative with internet access. Have them e-mail me explaining the situation.

While we're at it, lets update our completed games list:

Update as of 04/19/05

Wet Triangle

Steve McClaire - JPS

Nefarious - Yacinator

Renaud - Stikkypixxie

Vadr - Green as Jade

ded vs Grimthane

Green Hornet - Jbertles

Elmar Bijlsma - mPisi

a1Steaks - Treeburst155

Cpt T - Bigdog

Peterk vs Walpurgis Nacht

Tabpub - Kanonier Reichmann

Kenfedoroff - The Enigma

Simovitch - Stoneage

Cuzn_JG14 - John O

JonS - BigMik1

Malakovski - Paco QNS

Sripe - Flammenwerfer

Mick OZ - Steve S

Ted - Lt Bull

Andrew Kulin - Panzertwat

Combined Arms - Frenchy

Dangerous Dave - Michael Dorosh

Pitt Panther31 - The Capt

Sleekit - Platehead

General Colt - Jim Crowley

Artavash - Londoner

Redwolf - Melnibone

27/36 - 75%

Push to Maleme

Stikkypixie - Steve McClaire

Green as Jade - Green Hornet

Vadr - Alkiviadis

Gtimthane - Jbertles

Walpurgis Nacht - Bigdog

Sandy - Kanonier Reichmann

Simovitch - Kenfedoroff

John O - BigMik1

Cuzn_JG14 - Sivodsi

JonS - DawgBonz

Flammenwerfer - Malakovski

Steve S - Ted

Lt Bull - DieselTaylor

FoxholeRob - Mick OZ

Frenchy - Raketenpanzerbuchse

Combined arms - Andrew Kulin

Panzertwat - Merkin Muffley

Platehead - GSX

The Capt - Dangerous Dave

Michael Dorosh - Skeekit

Redwolf - Jim Crowley

Artavash - Melnibone

22/36 - 61%

Highlanders in Hell

Renaud - JPS

Nefarious - Steve McClaire

Jbertles - ded

Green Hornet - Vadr

Gtimthane - Green as Jade

Bigdog - Treeburst155

Simovitch - Other means

Kenfedoroff vs Heavy Drop

Cuzn_JG14 - JonS

Flammenwerfer - Paco QNS

Larry Thorne - Malakovski

Mick OZ - Ted

Lt Bull - FoxholeRob

DieselTaylor - Steve S

Combined Arms - Merkin Muffley

Frenchy - Andrew Kulin

Michael Dorosh - Pitt Panther 31

The Capt - Platehead

Sleekit - Dangerous Dave

Londoner - Melnibone

20/36 - 55%

St. Edward's Sanitorium

Renaud - Nefarious

Jbertles - Vadr

Gtimthane - Green Hornet

ded - Green as Jade

Walpurgis Nacht - a1Steaks

Other means vs Kenfedoroff

Simovitch - The Enigma

BigMik1 - Cuzn

FGM_Smashing - Malakovski

Mick OZ - Lt Bull

Steve S - FoxholeRob

Ted vs Dieseltaylor

Merkin Muffley - Frenchy

Platehead - Dangerous Dave

The Capt vs Michael Dorosh

General Colt vs Melnibone

16/36 - 44%

Across Moltke Bridge

Steve McClaire - Renaud

Vadr - Gtimthane

Green as Jade - Jbertles

Green Hornet - ded

Walpurgis Nacht - Treeburst155

Stoneage - Kenfedoroff

Heavy Drop - Simovitch

DawgBonz - Cuzn_JG14

JonS - John O

Sripe - Malakovski

Lt Bull - Steve S

DieselTaylor - Mick OZ

Foxholerob - Ted

Andrew Kulin - Merkin Muffley

Frenchy - Panzertwat

GSX - Dangerous Dave

Michael Dorosh - Platehead

Melnibone - Jim Crowley

18/36 - 50%

[ April 19, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Melnibone:

Redwolf and I are listed twice under Triangle...does this mean a double point bonus?

Yes, and then divided by half.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

And my first finish was against Foxhole Rob in Wet and I thought that had been registered in a prior list ----- so Melnibone is in twice ....Mmmmm!

I just checked my spreadsheet and I don't see it listed. Please resend, and CC Rob in the e-mail.

Attention all players in group 3. This being Elmar Bijlsma, Flenser, mPisi, Nestor, Bigduke6.

I have sent you all a mail requesting next file. So if you didn’t get it let me know.

Update 20/4/05 09.45hrs GMT. Have contact with all except Elmar Bijlsma.

Red smile.gif

[ April 20, 2005, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Redrobin ]

For those that need to know. ;)

As promised here is a “turn” update on the Sgian Dubh games that I took on last week.

Highlanders turn 6

Maleme turn 8

Motlke Bridge turn 5

Wet Triangle turn 15

St Edouards turn 8

Thanks to my opponents for some quick file exchanges.

Red smile.gif

Dawg Bonz – Group 7

Push to Maleme – 100%

Across Moltke Bridge – 100%

Highlanders in Hell – 96%

Wet Triangle – 88%

St. Edwards Sanitorium – 49%

----------------------------------------

Here I go, into the wild blue yonder,

Flying High into the sky.

Creatively writing my AARs

While Flying High!

"It was a dank and steamy plight da boys found themselves in at St Edouards. Their company names were painfully and hastily scrawled on the dungeon walls. These poor souls wanted some lasting testimony to the horrors about to be thrust upon them. As they feverishly attempted to bequeath some ‘makeshift memorial’ to their dilemma before death, the rumbling and explosions began. Panic quickly turned to rout. The dust and smoke was suffocating. The worst part was… 18 more moves! Yes.. they still had 18 more moves of St Edouards to survive. Was it possible? Could they find a way out?"

----------------------------------------

To be continued….

Dawg … of humor & humanities … and now work.

Dear Esquire Melnibone,

Delighted with your AAR, cultural critique, enhancement counsel: "turn down the lights and pour myself a large one." Alternatives include but are not limited to… "Turn down the lights and fire up a hot one" if you live in Oregon or other progressive jurisdictions.

My ROW V AARs renderings shall be innocuous in witness of history. Sadly, my typewriter was taken apart when I was bored. I was chronologically @ 3 years old and had loaned my Spielzeugsoldaten to my friends.

Being a "Dawg" never got much beyond this maturing but enjoy the Hell out of Life now!

For your AAR zest, may I also suggest exploring the subtle yet potent single malts with a splash of Jazz?

For your AAR pleasures…

http://www.pbs.org/jazz/

And for that WWII Jazz mood enhancer:

http://www.pbs.org/jazz/time/time_wwii.htm

"Jazz in Occupied Europe"

Through World War II, jazz — the music that German propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels called "the art of the subhuman" — stayed stubbornly alive in Nazi-occupied Europe, a bright symbol of resistance. When the Germans barred even the use of the word "jazz," the Hot Jazz Club of Belgium renamed itself the Rhythmic Club and kept on swinging. And when the Germans banned the performance of all American music in Paris, local musicians simply changed the titles of the tunes they loved: In the Mood became Ambiance; Holy Smoke became Joyeuse fumee; and Count Basie's Jumpin' at the Woodside turned into Dansant dans la Clairiere. Swing was the "magic word" for "young people everywhere," the French jazz enthusiast Charles Delaunay recalled. "Swing was on everyone's lips, you swore by it. Everything that was at all original or redolent of American life was baptized 'swing.'"

Sincerely,

Dawg off to swing .. in multitudinous manners but now for chow and after meal … Bow Wow & Walk.