**** ROW V (Part 3) ****

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hmmmm...bloody tough competition this. There I was sitting back smugly thinking my score of 93% in Wet Triangle would result in huge bonuses whereas all it did was produce a score of one. One single solitary digit. What does a guy have to do around here!!!

:eek:

BTW, thanks once again to the tireless efforts of Kingfish & Cpl. Carrot for making ROW V run so smoothly. Your efforts are certainly greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jim R.

So what score do you get in order to get a 2.95? :eek:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kingfish: BTW, does anyone want to guess as to who the designers are for the first 5 scenarios?

Melnibone guess - Satan, Lucifer, Mephistopheles and Beelzebub?

You mean the enemies of Nature, the lords of evil, and the tempters of human beings, the leaders of the fallen angels? Yeah, saw them all living in a trailer down by the river and fishing for BIG FAT catfish.

;)

Based on the Boots & Tracks ROW V Mission Statement ;) This team is dedicated to the creation of the highest quality virtual brawls designed to bring grown men to their knees in tears. Our goal is that these specially designed flagellation machines will provide you hours of ‘enjoyment’, a constellation of new symptoms to report and therefore, a good reason for the MD to increase your medication dosage!

Based on the above, my guesses as to who the designers are for the first 5 scenarios include but are not limited to:

Kingfish

Tim 'Rune' Orosz

Jeff "Jwxspoon" Weatherspoon

Walpurgisnacht; based on his Nabla score!

* Historical research assistance provided by: Satan, Lucifer, Mephistopheles, Beelzebub and genetically altered, evil minions of Vombatus ursinus Lasiorhinus latifrons. These will all be given their due credit in the AARs.

If I read the NABLA scores correctly this is how the groups faired before AARs.

G4 Walpurgis Nacht = 9.34

G12 Londoner = 7.11

G5 Jon L = 4.56

G11 Platehead = 3.86

G7 Dawg Bonz = 3.51

G9 SteveS = 3.46

G3 Flenser = 3.25

G8 Malakovski = 3.21

G6 StoneAge = 2.41

G1 JPS = 2.36

G2 GreenHornet = 2.23

G10 CombinedArms =1.32

Being a ‘Dawg’ I am not capable of wearing a NABLA decoder ring. It would be interesting to see a list of all the players, sorted by raw scores per game/side. The tournament group elimination feature while required for advancement has got to be frustrating to guys with great scores like dangerousdave 3.59, 2nd place in group G11. To just miss the cut in a tough group, Ouch. Likewise, some solid novice combatants like Sivodsi 2.38, 2nd place in group G7, must wish they had drawn a different group#.

This is my 1st Tournament so all this is new to me as well. I had a very limited PBEM boot camp but an excellent CM professor. Much gratitude goes to you Sir for providing the Dawg reliable PBEM training. Looks like I made it into the BOS ring! Woof! Our G7 was a enjoyable collection of players. Thanks to them all for first-class combat and fun.

Speaking of medication… Oh… we weren’t? I think we should.

Kingfish

Member # 1723

posted April 18, 2005 08:00 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I can tell you is...

3 scenarios. One set in Tunisia, the second in Poland and the third in France. They are all bigger than the regular tourney, both in number of turns and number of units. Map is size is also bigger.

I know that is going against the established standards of what a ROW scenario should be, but then again, this is the last hurrah. I want the old CM engine to go out with a bang, and what better way than to have a map full of things that go bang.

“…a map full of things that go bang.” The Pleasure / Pain begins :)

BTW: Thanks ‘Wicky’. Good candid shot. I didn’t know you had your camera with you ;)

Ciao,

Dawg … off to the MD’s office to get stocked up for Round #2.

Mais docteur, j'ai besoin de plus de médicament pour de plus grands conflits.

Many thanks to all who were involved in the organisation of this great tournament. In particular I must thank Kingfish for keeping the original player’s name on the results page (apologies to the individual concerned), so as to hide my embarrassment. :eek:

Good luck to all the winners for the next round, and may the best man win as long as he comes from the group I was in.

Until the next time……… ;) .

Red

yeah, big thanks to Kingfish, Acepilot and all who must have put in a huge number of hours organizing all this. I've really enjoyed it.

Question: the winners in each group go through to the finals to play for the wine, right? Not those with the top scores overall?

I would have thought that since the scores are worked out in relation to how everybody scored in the scenario, so too the winners should be decided based on the top scores overall, not just who happens to score more in each group...?

I'm quite happy with how everything is worked out, just curious what the rationale is.

Thanks

edited to add: ah! I see Dawg's post is asking the same question. Should have read that first...

[ June 10, 2005, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

So... what were your favorite scenarios?

Mine, from first to worst, and the side I played.

1) Wet Triangle (axis)

2) Maleme (allies)

3) Highlanders in Hell (allies)

4) St. Eduoards Sanitorium (allies)

5) Moltke Bridge (allies)

I'd expound on why I liked or disliked the given scenarios, but this forum is hardly the place for that sort of thing.

smile.gif

Here were mine:

1. St. Eduoard's

2. Highlanders in Hell

3. Wet Triangle

4. Push to Maleme

5. Moltke Bridge

Originally posted by Flenser:

So... what were your favorite scenarios?

Mine, from first to worst, and the side I played.

1) Wet Triangle (axis)

2) Maleme (allies)

3) Highlanders in Hell (allies)

4) St. Eduoards Sanitorium (allies)

5) Moltke Bridge (allies)

I'd expound on why I liked or disliked the given scenarios, but this forum is hardly the place for that sort of thing.

smile.gif

Favorites were...

1) Highlanders, provided the most exciting moments

2) St. Edouards, a night battle I actually enjoyed

3) Moltke Bridge, not as bad as all that, certainly a different kind of battle from any I'd fought before.

IMO, Maleme was rather dull from the defenders side, at least in my play-through, and bloody murder for the attackers; and Wet Triangle was too gimmicky--Panthers vs. T-34s and nothing else--to be engaging, although it's probably a good practice scenario for either side.

1)St.Edouards - Briliant eb and flow

2)Highlanders - Epic combined arms violence

3)Maleme - Sloooow pace kept the suspense going

4)Moltke Bridge - Brutal if limited manuevre wise*

5)Wet Triangle - Trundling about with tanks looking for a break... and not getting one. :mad: :mad:

*probably a lot more fun if I had noticed the reinforcments I received across the river. DOH! :eek: :rolleyes:

Yes, well done to the organisers for all their efforts. This is my first ROW and it has been great fun so far.

The scoring had a few surprises. My second best modifed score was a minor defeat. I guess the allies in Push to Maleme took a bit of a pounding in that one.

Cheers

SteveS

My enjoyment of the scenarios was:

1) Motlke. Brilliantly conceived, I thought.

2) St Eduoards. Lots of interest, great ebb & flow.

3) Wet Triangle. Hey - I won, for a change!

4) Highlanders. Nice map, solid scenario

I didn't enjoy:

5) Push to Maleme.... slow, dull, and included aircover :rolleyes: I move that aircover be banned in ROW scenarios.

GaJ.

I dunno why everyone's keen to see the a list ordered by raw scores. Here's the list that really tells you something as far as I'm concerned:

the players ordered by Nabla score.

I see myself at the top of the players with negative scores. :eek: So close to escaping mediocrity! Can writing those last to AARs save me!?

(I too would like to know why it matters what group you are in ... why it's not just the top people Nabla-wise going to the finals?)

GaJ

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

*probably a lot more fun if I had noticed the reinforcments I received across the river. DOH! :eek: :rolleyes:

LOL...ditto in my game...except I was Allied! The Axis reinforcements had been attacking me for two turns before I even saw them...my focus was all on that bridge.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hmmmm...bloody tough competition this. There I was sitting back smugly thinking my score of 93% in Wet Triangle would result in huge bonuses whereas all it did was produce a score of one. One single solitary digit. What does a guy have to do around here!!! :eek:

Jim R.

So what score do you get in order to get a 2.95? :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

LOL...ditto in my game...except I was Allied! The Axis reinforcements had been attacking me for two turns before I even saw them...my focus was all on that bridge. </font>

"Me too!" on the Allied commander oblivious to the counter attack coming from the left, in Moltke! OMG what a feeling that was, when I clicked on one of my waiting reserves and found him "Pinned"! What a superb piece of scenario design!

I reckon if it hadn't been for the fact that Wet Triangle handed me a win, which I couldn' resist enjoying despite feeling awful for my opponent, I would agree completely with JonS's list, notwithstanding the fact I wuz whupped in Moltke.

GaJ

[ June 11, 2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Top 20 scorers by scenario by side:

Wet Triangle (Allies attacking):

1 Allies

2 Allies

3 Allies

4 Allies

5 Allies

6 Allies

7 Allies

8 Allies