Newborn!!

Meach

Hiya

I know this is off topic but I had to post and say my baby Daughter was born at 01:30 hours this morning. Abigail is a healthy 7lb 8oz and my wife is doing fine too.

I don't have a lot of folk to tell so I hope you lads don't mind me posting here?

I will post pics of the latest Combat Missioner when I get the digi-cam home from the hospital smile.gif

Congratulations!

Life and your outlook on life change immensely when kids are around. Particularly in say three years or so when you want to use the PC for CM, and your daughter "needs" to play Cat-in-the-Hat or "sumping"*.

Andrew

* Sumping is the way my three-year old says "something"

A hearty "well done" to you (and mom, of course).

Two years ago, I could not imagine ever having, or even wanting kids. Now I can not imagine it any other way. Your baby's day-to-day development and accomplishments will be a source of pride like no other.

Congratulations on your brand-new Meach Mk I alarm clock.

May it bring you years of enjoyable service, waking you at all hours (esp. O-dark thirty on Saturday mornings.) due to the highly-sophisticated "parents are really exhausted" environment monitoring system. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

All the best. Kids are the greatest gift of all.

Originally posted by Other Means:

COngratulations. Wife & daughter doing fine - how's the dad?

Mine's 7 months old. Every day is work and every day is a new joy.

My best to your family.

Hehe...when I get my hands on him he will suffer!!! J/k I am tired but running on adrenalin, have to go back to work tomorrow as well.

Mum and baby should be home from the hospital today. Anyone got links for a website that can host my pictures?

I have three daughters that make my life worth living. At every age I look forward to what is next and look fondly back at what has come before. There is nothing in the world like the love between you and your young pods. or humans if you have them. being a pod I don't but you get the idea.

As infants they grow and learn so fast that you will want to spend every hour that she is awake showing her new things. We'll skip the terrible twos and only mention that 'they' say nothing about three year olds because there is not a single phrase quite descriptive enough to shed light on the full impact that a person at the age of three can inflict on your psyche.

School age is where its at man. You give up so much control and get back so much enlightenment that it is a total freakout. My Nat came home and told me all about axons and dendrites and we got into a discussion of synapses, thought, chemistry, physics, philosophy and the "free will part of the brain." She's a clever little thing my Nat.

Congratulations to you and your wife and the rest of your family. Hold them dear for as long as you live. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Welcome Abigail!

Thanks again all of you!!

I heed all the advice and appreciate the time you have taken to post.

I will look into that hosting site for the pics.

MrPeng, I get what your saying. I am looking forward to learning from Abigail as much as I am looking forward to showing her all the things in life I can like Combat Mission and other important stuff ;)

"'they' say nothing about three year olds because there is not a single phrase quite descriptive enough to shed light on the full impact that a person at the age of three can inflict on your psyche."

YES

to that

I have a 3.5 yr son

Hey Meach congradulations!!!

(now about that all night sleep thing, my best advice is to find another dark quiet place to sleep so you can get a full nights rest so you can be effective on the "day shift", if both you and your wife don't get any sleep every night things start to go down hill fast. Don't get me wrong you aren't allowed to escape to the cave in the basement every night, but about once or twice a week I JUST had to have a ONE full night's peaceful sleep or I was a just useless all day smile.gif )

for Me, 3 months was a big milestone, up to that point your daughter may only relate to your wife. After 3 months Dad seemed to be a "somebody" as well.

Things GET real interesting between 9-12 months.

AND

if you are interested in reading about the process we found "What to Expect, The First Year" ,

(The comprehensive month-by-month guide that clearly explains everything parents need to know about the first year with a new baby.) REALLY it does just that and I found it a GREAT and invaluable resource. I don't know how to say this but keep a keen eye out for Postpartum Depression and DO EVERYTHING you can think of make your wive's life easier and make sure she feels especially loved and appreciated ALL the time, this should help you a great deal. smile.gif

Good Luck!

Congradulations!

-tom w

[ February 12, 2005, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]