CMMods.com, two lungs and a new look on life (May 21 Update)

I'm writing to all of you to let you know that everything is going well with my wife. Normally, I'd update cmmods.com with this info, but since it's down (more on that later), I'll have to do it here.

She got two new lungs March 23rd. Another patient received the donor's heart too. I suspect other patients at other hospitals received the kidneys, liver and other organs. I wish to thank the donor for saving my wife's life. Hopefully the family of the donor will let us tell them that in person later on.

The surgery only had a small complication with her blood preassure so they had to add 11 liters of saline to her little 5'2" body. You could say she was a little bloated after the operation. She's been in the Cardio ICU for a week and will be transferred to a step unit tomorrow where she'll be for about a 2-3 weeks. After that she can come home!!!

I want to say ***THANK YOU*** to everyone for their thoughts and understanding during this time. You have all been very supportive and cooperative when I wasn't able to respond quickly to emails or when the site would be down at times. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Speaking of cmmods.com being down, it's really not because of the transplant. One of my network cards went bad the night after transplant and obviously I have had other things that are a little higher priority going on. ;) But, since my wife is on the road to recovery, I've ordered a new network card and will probably be able to repair it late next week or that weekend. I'm not thinking of you guys as much as I need my email back so I can communicate with family and friends.

Anyway, It's been a VERY long and stressful week, but we're on the good side of things now. The drugs have worn off and she's making jokes and giving me orders, so I'd say my life is getting back on track. We still have a way to go, but I think the worst, and most dangerous, is behind us.

Thanks to all the cmmods.com users! I'll write more when I have new information for all of you. Thanks!

COG

[ May 21, 2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: ColumbusOHGamer ]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic