**** ROW V (Part 4) ****

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Flenser:

So when are the first round AARs going up?

With the help of GaJ and Cpl Carrot, I am in the process of posting them to a web site. GaJ was gracious to offer hosting space and hopefully will be along to let everyone know when it will be ready.

Ah - "Ahem. Is this thing turned on? yes? oh OK."

The hosting site is ready, and the pages are in place and working (thanks to Cpl Carrot).

As he has said, Ace is in the process of uploading them all. That is 120Mb of uploads, somefink like 200 files to be uploaded.

Many are in uploaded already. I can see them, and they're very nice I have to say smile.gif

I would really like everyone who submitted an AAR to be able to see theirs up there published at the same time as everyone else.

So I am currently planning to open the site when Ace tells me they are all there.

That will be some time "real soon now".

It will be worth the wait, I can assure you.

GaJ.

(edit: OK, it's 200 files not 300. That means somefink like 20 people didn't submit AARs ... SHAME ON YOU)

[ June 30, 2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the_enigma:

do we need to send in aars for these 3 scenarios too?

Only if you want a chance to win a model that Richie has generously offered to build and paint for the winner of the best AAR in the finals round.

And, if that won’t motivate you, I’ll point out that doing an AAR with scenario design feedback is a considerate way of saying thanks to the scenario designers for all of their hard work. </font>

The Round 1 AARs will be availble within an hour or so, barring last minute hiccups.

As a tantaliser, this from Walpurgis Nacht on "Across Moltke Bridge". Read and weep, my fellow bridge-crossers:

"The design on this one seemed totally imbalanced to me, in the allied favor"

Where's the "bawling my eyes out" smiley??

He didn't even use smoke!!!

GaJ

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

The Round 1 AARs will be availble within an hour or so, barring last minute hiccups.

As a tantaliser, this from Walpurgis Nacht on "Across Moltke Bridge". Read and weep, my fellow bridge-crossers:

GaJ

Excellent. Nothing like reading about the suffering of others to brighten one's day.

Originally posted by Flenser:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

GaJ

Excellent. Nothing like reading about the suffering of others to brighten one's day. </font>

It wasn't the bridge that was evil, it was that #$!@ pillbox. I'd like a kinder, gentler, "Flenser Edition" where the pillbox crew hadn't been eating lucky charms.

As there hasn't been an announcement regarding the AARs yet, I can only assume... well...

One of my college computer science professors said it best: "The fastest way to make your program crash, is to invite someone over and say, 'Watch this!'"

Assuming hiccups didn't turn into whooping cough, could you reveal to the unwashed masses *where* we can find our Round 1 AARs?

I'd have to agree with Walpurgis Nacht. As defender on Moltke, it was only my consummate skill that allowed me to come away with a draw in such a Russian-friendly scenario.

Not.

(man, you can rely on family to give you a break, eh?)

No hiccups, no coughs, just a suddent burst or RL work that had to be done.

However, after mentally sending thanks to Ace and Cpl Carrot, please direct your browser to The ROW V AAR PAGES and enjoy.

(It's a new hosting service for me - one with a very reasonable price for the bandwidth we need for AARs. However, if there are problems I'm interested to hear about it. Just be gentle smile.gif )

GaJ

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Frenchy:

Mike -

I don't think I will be contributing any scenarios - at least I haven't been asked. In all seriousness I haven't designed that many.

I think it may have been "Morgan's Stand" CMBO?

You HAVE been asked, actually. smile.gif

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=004060 </font>

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

However, after mentally sending thanks to Ace and Cpl Carrot, please direct your browser to The ROW V AAR PAGES and enjoy.

GaJ

Great work, GaJ et al.

One thing I have to say to my former Group 4 bretheren is I'm deeply disappointed in your lack of AARs. Only one of my opponents wrote one! :mad:

I hope you all enjoy reading my work, while realising what a letdown you've been to everyone else who has participated in this tourney, designers, organisers and players.

To everyone who did write an AAR, I'll enjoy reading your work. Thank you!

Kingfish

Any chance of disqualifying from entry in the next RoW tournament everyone who couldn't be bothered to meet the AAR requirements for this tourney? The tourney was all about play-testing and giving feedback to the designers, right?

[ July 01, 2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: BigDog944 ]

Originally posted by BigDog944:

Kingfish

Any chance of disqualifying from entry in the next RoW tournament everyone who couldn't be bothered to meet the AAR requirements for this tourney? The tourney was all about play-testing and giving feedback to the designers, right?

Nah, the tournament was all about me scoring some top shelf Scotch from Winecape. The rest of you guys...ah, who cares.

Anyway, enjoying the finals?

FWIW I had the same idea as BigD when I saw the number of AARs.

I don't think you can disqualify people based on ROW V AAR submissions, because that's making up a rule after the event.

But I would strongly advocate including such a thing as part of AAR conditions going forward: don't submit a qualifying AAR in this tournament, don't play in the next one.

GaJ