**** ROW IV (part 3) ****

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lord Harmes:

erm... how the devil do i get into a tournament and start cracking some heads together?

You wait and wait and wait for the next Tournament to start.

This tournament takes a _lot_ of putting together: it uses brand new scenarios, all created for the tournament.

Regretably, then, these things only start rarely.

I (for one) would love to see more tournaments, if only we could figure out a good way of running one without needing scenarios that the combatants haven't seen before.

I ponder this from time to time, and have some ideas.

Is anyone else interested?

GaJ. </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Busy week at the office -- stealing savings from widows and forcing orphans onto the streets is very time intensive. Turns out to everyone tomorrow.

Steve

Wouldn't it be more entertaining to leave half the savings alone and then make the widows and the orphans fight to the death for it?

-dale

Derivatives of the word sanguine are sanguinely, sanguineous, sanguinity, sanguineness, and sanguineless.

In addition, there are several related words:

consanguineous: Of the same blood; related by birth; having a blood relationship; descended from the same parent or ancester. Derivatives: consanguineously, consanguine, consanguinity, consanguineal.

sanguinary: Attended with much bloodshed; bloody; murderous. Bloodthirsty; cruel; eager to shed blood. Derivatives: sanguinarily, sanguinariness.

sanguinolent: Tinged or mingled with blood; bloody. Derivatives: sanguinolency.

ensanguine: To stain or cover with blood; to make bloody, or of a blood-red color; as, an ensanguined line.

exsanguineous: Destitute of blood; anaemic. Bloodless. Derivatives: exsanguine, exsanguinity, exsanguinous, exsanguious.

exsanguinate: To drain blood. Derivatives: exsanguination.

sanguinivorous: Subsisting on blood. Derivatives: sanguinivore.

sanguisuge: A bloodsucker, or leech.

sanguinaria: The bloodroot. The dried root of the bloodroot, often used in medicine.

I will be attempting to include all of the above in my AAR's.

Melnibone,

Thanks for that etymological exegesis. Really made my morning! BTW, you may wish to include sang froid

in that marvelous list.

MrSpkr,

Sorry to see you go, but have been there myself (RoW III). Hope there's no major crisis driving your departure and that you and yours are well.

wadepm,

Still humorously busting my testicles, I see. In honor of your AAR wit, here's one that shouldn't overtax you.

Extremely Abbreviated AAR

Row IV, Group 2, Section 1

Retreat from South of Vevi on the Road to Metemma while Squeezing the Melon in the Frontier Firefight

en route to Things Going Bump in the Night (whew!)

Kettler-?/?-Kettler

I won/lost a (fill in the blank) as the (blank).

My plan was to (blank) because of (enemy) forces and the (blank) terrain. This did/did not work because of (blank).

This scenario (blank) because of (blank). I recommend that the scenario designer/designers seriously consider adding (blank) to the force mix and modifying the (blank) to relfect the (blank) and (blank). This should solve the (blank) problem noted both by myself and ? Would further suggest that given (blank), serious consideration be given to modifying (blank) and (blank), since these are artifacts of game engine limitations but were tactically exploited by ?, to my detriment.

Sincerely,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Kanonier Reichmann has sent me a turn, to which I've replied.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 13, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Steve,

Not a problem. You take care, and make sure to sign up for ROW V.

As for the files, you can send everything to me and I'll take care of it. My address is sc112265@bellsouth.net

Thanks for participating. Hope you had fun.

Sergio

Thanks Kingfish. I had a blast. I just sent you all my current turn files, as well as pretty detailed AAR docs for each turn, execution and planning.

Thanks for everything. I'll see you next time.

Steve

Originally posted by John Kettler:

I won/lost a (fill in the blank) as the (blank).

My plan was to (blank) because of (enemy) forces and the (blank) terrain. This did/did not work because of (blank).

This scenario (blank) because of (blank). I recommend that the scenario designer/designers seriously consider adding (blank) to the force mix and modifying the (blank) to relfect the (blank) and (blank). This should solve the (blank) problem noted both by myself and ? Would further suggest that given (blank), serious consideration be given to modifying (blank) and (blank), since these are artifacts of game engine limitations but were tactically exploited by ?, to my detriment.

Sincerely,

John Kettler

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! John, you've just gone and blown the full lockdown on providing information on the scenario's. I propose you be banned, BANNED! :mad: I say from any further involvement with the tournament until you make a full apology for giving away such vital secrets on each battle.

;)

Regards

Jim R.

P.S. Just to let everyone know that I'm away over the Easter break so probably wont be able to send a return file until Tuesday. Have a great Easter. smile.gif

[ April 08, 2004, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]

Kingfish,

Did you get game results for Ace-Kettler?

Kanonier Reichmann,

What can I say? The overwhelming pressure of not being able to say anything overcame me. Worse, I failed to catch the typing dyslexic mistake I made.

Relfect indeed!

Enjoy your Easter standdown, for your forces shall assuredly need resurrection when we recommence! Meanwhile, I shall update my AAR.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

HELP!!! I have had an Email disaster, everything wiped out somehow, cant send or receive, could you please contact my oppponents of Group 3 Section 4, and tell them I may be out of action for awhile until I get this sorted out.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Kingfish,

HELP!!! I have had an Email disaster, everything wiped out somehow, cant send or receive, could you please contact my oppponents of Group 3 Section 4, and tell them I may be out of action for awhile until I get this sorted out.

Thank you.

Kingfish,

I am back in business with Email again.