**** ROW IV (part 3) ****

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(following tearing clothes, rending flesh, autoflagellation and donning sackcloth and ashes)

Lindan's "absence" turns out to be my brain's absence. He sent me a turn some days ago, to which I replied...sort of. By sort of, I mean that I tried several times to send him the turn, but it wouldn't go. Believe a geomagnetic storm was raging then. I wound up putting it in Drafts with a plan to send it when things calmed down, but then simply forgot about it completely, given a host of things to deal with. Since I "remembered" sending it, I naturally (wrongly) figured he owed me a turn. I have now sent him the long delayed turn. Kanonier Reichmann has been sent a turn, too, but in a timely manner.

Regards,

John Kettler

Games finished as of 04/17/04:

South of Vevi

Jbertles vs Ankulin

Steve McClaire vs Slawreg

Wellsonian vs The Capt

PHLGuy vs Tychus

Cpt T vs a1 Steaks

Green as Jade vs Melnibone

Victor Charlie vs Flammenwerfer

Heavy Drop vs Pacestick

Bryce Baker vs Combined arms

Dangerous Dave vs Alsatian

Nidan1 vs OWL

11/36 (30%)

Things that go bump in the night

Ankulin vs mPisi

jbertles vs Steve McClaire

Vadr vs The Capt

Wellsonian vs Sgt Kelly

PHL guy vs Overkill

Sripe vs a1 Steaks

Determinant vs Cpt T

Michael Greiss vs Nolloff

Londoner vs Ace Pilot

Cuzn vs Melnibone

MickOZ vs Victor Charlie

Jaws vs Heavy Drop

Bryce Baker vs dalem

Dangereous Dave vs Capitano Gino

OWL vs Wadepm

Larsen vs EMIG

16/36 (44%)

Squeezing the Melon

Jbertles vs mPisi

Redwolf vs Steve McClaire

Vadr vs Sgt Kelly

Wellsonian vs Michal

a1 Steaks vs Nolloff

Sripe vs Determinant

Ace Pilot vs John Kettler

MickOZ vs Flammenwerfer

Victor Charlie

Jaws vs Ted

Strider vs Panther Commander

Direwolf11 vs Bryce Baker

Capitano Gino vs Walpurgis Night

Nidan1 vs Wadepm

OWL vs Larsen

15/36 (41%)

Frontier Firefight '40

Steve McClaire vs Ankulin

Redwolf vs Jbertles

Vadr vs Michal

The Capt vs Sgt Kelly

Enoch vs Tychus

Determinant vs A1 Steaks

Nolloff vs Cpt T

Michael Greisse

Scheer vs MickOZ

Flammenwerfer vs Michael Dorosh

Pacestick vs Jaws

Walpurgis Night vs Alsatian

von Lucke vs Dangerous Dave

Wadepm vs Larsen

14/36 (38%)

Retreat from Metemma

mPisi vs Steve McClaire

Redwolf vs Ankulin

Wellsonian vs Vadr

PHL Guy vs Enoch

Tychus vs Overkill

Cpt T vs Sripe

Nolloff vs Determinant

John Kettler vs Londoner

Malakovski vs Cuzn

Flammenwerfer vs Scheer

Michael Dorosh vs Victor Charlie

Ted vs Heavy Drop

Panther Commander vs Brent Pollack

Dangerous Dave vs Walpurgis Night

Alsatian vs Capitano Gino

Larsen vs Nidan1

16/36 (44%)

72 out of 180 total (40%)

We are over the hump, and are on a glide path to the finals. 58 days to go, so get cranking on those games.

I will again reiterate the importance of knowing where you are in terms of games being completed, and your current turn rate. If by this time you have more than 20 turns to go in any one game, and are exchanging one file a day or less, then you will not finish in time unless you make arrangements somehow to increase that rate.

-I will again reiterate the importance of knowing where you are in terms of games being completed, and your current turn rate. If by this time you have more than 20 turns to go in any one game, and are exchanging one file a day or less, then you will not finish in time unless you make arrangements somehow to increase that rate.-

hmmm.... looks like I have to smarten up a bit. Guys I'm home all day today, and I've sent out my turns.

-I will again reiterate the importance of knowing where you are in terms of games being completed, and your current turn rate. If by this time you have more than 20 turns to go in any one game, and are exchanging one file a day or less, then you will not finish in time unless you make arrangements somehow to increase that rate.-

It may be the wine talking so please excuse me ;) ....I was very happy to get into ROW...and have gone out of my way to get turns back to my opponents as quickly as possible...usually within hours....some of my opponents have warned me of downtimes...no problems....but I am suffering from consistent returns of 2 or 3 days back to me...obviously real life :mad: can impinge....but if I'm making an effort...getting up an hour earlier etc. ....I would hope for the same back as we get to the line. Goodnight!

Monday brought with it turns from Lindan and Kanonier Reichmann. Have already replied. Wanted to add that I just got and replied to turns from shock trooper and Lindan. The game with Lindan is all but done, barring randomly added turns.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 20, 2004, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Lindan has excelled himself, presenting me with yet another turn early Tuesday. Since insomnia rules here, I've replied in kind. Shaping up to be a great wargaming day! Kanonier Reichmann sent me a turn, and I've already answered.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 20, 2004, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]