Flammenwerfer vs Scheer

Michael Dorosh vs Victor Charlie

Ted vs Heavy Drop

Panther Commander vs Brent Pollack

Dangerous Dave vs Walpurgis Night

Larsen vs Nidan1

14/36 (38%)

62 out of 180 total (34%)

66 days to go. Game results are coming in at an average rate of 2 a day, so we may finish before the deadline.

Umm, did John Osborne replace me? In any event, whoever my replacement is -- please contact me if you have any questions. I think the progress reports I forwarded Kingfish in the ROW plans.txt file are pretty specific; however, I am willing to answer any other questions, plus share a few impressions I did not include in the text file. Also I have saved all the previous files for each game and am willing to forward those as necessary for your planning and/or AAR work.

Kingfish -- could you email me the passwords for the opposition? I would like to see how accurate my suppositions were AND see how much damage (or lack thereof) I was inflicting on the enemy.

Steve

A few words on file exchange rates...

We are almost at the halfway point, and now would be a good time for everyone to evaluate where they are in their games, and if the current file exchange rate with your opponents will allow you to finish in time.

Consider that each game turn requires 3 e-mail exchanges. There is 64 days left to go. If you are exchanging one e-mail per day, then you should be within 20 turns of games end if you want to finish in time.

If you feel that you are running behind on a game or two, then may I suggest you arrange to TCP with your opponent, even if only for a few hours. In that span of time you can easily burn thru 5-10 turns depending on the game. Usually this is all that is needed to bring your game up to speed.

Kanonier Reichmann sent me a turn earlier, to which I've now replied. Unless we wind up in turn randomizer OT, we have about six turns left. Amazingly, my AAR for that fight is now current, and I have my colorful Retreat from Metemma AAR well begun. That leaves only the epic for Squeezing the Melon, the more concise Frontier Firefight '40, and South of Vevi, which also promises to be lengthy. Have had nothing from either Lindan or shock trooper today. Am close to complete with Lindan, but shock trooper and I have quite a ways to go.

Regards,

John Kettler

No turns today. I know KR and shock trooper are alive, but Lindan's been singularly scarce now for some time. Unfortunately, am so brain dead right now that I can't recall whether he said anything about being away/unable to play. Does anyone from Group 2, Section 1 recall an E-mail along those lines?

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Shock trooper has pitied me in my turnlessness and sent me one, to which I responded. Kanonier Reichmann appears to be using an extremely liberal definition of Easter, considering we're already well past Maundy Tuesday. Checking my files reveals no turn from Lindan since 6 April.

Regards,

John Kettler