CMBB Project Status

Thanks for the update! can't wait!

smile.gif

Any chance of posting a list of known hardware/driver conflicts, from people testing CMBB??

I'll make an effort to stay away from them if I upgrade my computer. ;)

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Bad Dog ]</p>

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Dog - Basically if you can run CMBO at 800x600 with no problems you should typically be OK. CMBB will have higer resolution textures than the default ones that came with CMBO, so there is a possibility that some video cards may not handle this very well. Hopefully details like this will come out during the beta process and steps may be taken to alleviate some of these problems if possible.

When it comes to new hardware your video card choices are getting to be less numerous. If you don't own a GeForce or a Radeon you may want to familiarize yourself with the current problems and/or lack of features. Some of these problems may be addressed with driver updates in the future, but such things are beyond the control of BTS.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

I believe I've heard that before. tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

Have to agree. That was said several months before but people get busy and stuff.

How about releasing some shots of the new German equipment and shots of what the German Tiger, Panther, etc will look like in CM2? As much as I like Soviet vehicles, viewing the German stuff would also be good. Any chanced of seeing the KT with both the Henschel and Porsche turrets?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Does anybody know if the mods for the German units in CM will be able to be applied for CMBB? That would save the modders some work.<hr></blockquote>

Matt and Dan have said the Panther and StuG models have been re-done (maybe Panzer IV too?), so the current mods won't fit correctly on the new 3D model. I'd imagine most of the terrain should be OK (still a 20mx20m square) although Matt did hint of some changes WRT the wheat fields. The existing buildings and infantry units probably haven't changed shape, though some of the curretly un-moddable parts will be moddable. No word on any changes to the German heavy armor yet, AFAIK.

- Chris

Splendid news. Believe it or not, I still have the brown shipping wrapper that my CM shipped in.

Sounds like you guys have made some wise calls, which doesn't surprise me in the least. BTS should be studied as a business model - I don't know of anyone else that is as good at taking customer opinions to heart and keeping them well informed.

Raising a glass to y'all.

Shaun Sayer

GAFFERTAPE

Toronto, Canada

• 2 weeks later...

More than likely you should be able to play CMBB with your current setup. An 8Mb video card is the minimum requirement for CMBB and you look OK with 16Mb. Do you know what video chip your on-board video is based on ? This will probably make a significant difference in whether you consider CMBB to be playable on your current system. Some drivers may have problems with certain texture sizes, etc. and while CMBB may run on your system there is the possibility that it won't support all of the features or look proper in all respects. So if there are any limitations you're seeing with your current video in CMBO right now, then you'll likely see them in CMBB.

There hasn't been any CPU recommendations per se at the moment with CMBB, but your AMD should be fine.

Yes, as far as I'm aware your system should be able to run CMBB. While the graphic requirements have gone up over what CMBO required, I believe it should work on your system. I don't know if there are any peculiarities about your video card's support for certain graphical features. CMBB's default resolution and texture size will be higher than CMBO's (the lowest available resolution will be 800x600). The texture sizes for many of the AFVs, terrain and possibly infantry will be larger than what came on the CMBO CD. On occasion some video cards can't handle certain texture sizes properly. If you're currently running some of the high-res texture mods (especially terrain) with no problems, then you're most likely good to go and shouldn't experience any foreseeable problems with CMBB.